PDA

View Full Version : iPod Newbie....Erasing Songs

mwtrx67
Jan 13, 2007, 11:48 AM
Newbie here. I just finished downloading 750 or so songs. Because of the way my songs were originally arranged, I noticed after downloading into my Ipod, I had a lot of duplicates. If I were to go to my Itunes, then delete the duplicate songs, the next time I sync with my Ipod, will those tunes be erased from my Ipod? Or will I have to do a reset? Thanks

Queso
Jan 13, 2007, 11:50 AM
Your iPod always synchronises with iTunes. So if you remove the songs in iTunes, they will automatically be removed from your iPod on next sync.

Make sure you remove them from the right place in iTunes though. If they are genuine duplicates, remove them from the Library. Also be aware that the same song can be in several different playlists, but only one copy of the song is copied onto the iPod itself.

elppa
Jan 13, 2007, 01:51 PM
View > Show Duplicates

This may be of some help.

mwtrx67
Jan 13, 2007, 03:56 PM
Another thing I forgot to add. I had an old hard drive that supposedly was corrupt, but I had a few hundred songs on them. I was able to install my old hard drive temporarily so that I would be able to extract the old songs. Would this in anyway affect the songs that I would delete from my playlist? I didn't want to keep the old hard drive in there for fear of damaging my computer.