Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002
In speculated news today, Bill Gates is to have said it is time for him to show off the true reasoning behind Windows. "All this time I have been playing the PC world for my own gain" says Gates, "I initially came into the industry trying to make a little money with a half baked copy of two well organised operating systems I had seen with intention of capturing a little of the IBM market that was in need of an upgrade. After the industry took to Windows like a young girl to a Barbie doll I decided to just make as much money as I could with out putting in too much effort and, when the time was right for me, I would retire and leave the industry hanging. Well, I bet the whole PC market will be crying and wishing they had stopped being so arrogant and bought macs because for the past 5 years I have made sure that Windows has been restricted to not run on any machine faster than 3GHz and any machine that has had any connection with Windows will have this restriction permanently etched into it". Mr Gates proceded to praise Apple and brilliance of the machines they produce before officially anouncing the end of Microsoft Corp.

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
I heard that Microsoft were planning to pull windows, i think it was on macminute.com.

Part of me hopes it happens, and part of me hopes the situation will remain the same.

Ensign

Spock

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
You people forget Linux is moving pretty fast into the market if Microsoft gose under all Linux would have to do is advertise how great Linux is and how cheap Linux is shoot, its at Wal-Mart for 29.99$ Linux already works on any PC and even on Macs Hmmm spend 1.800 on new iMac or spend 29.99 for Linux Hmmmmm.....

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
yep heard of the onion. is that where that qoute is from? if so then it figures...sounds to good to be true. :D well carry on then....

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
I don't think it is...

...from the Onion. But it is pretty good satire, nonetheless.

Or maybe madamimadamtimallen is an Onion writer hiding out in the MacRumors forums.

Matthew

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
Re: eyelikeart

And those Bill Gates stories on the Onion are really good.

I especially like the one about patenting ones and zeros and the charisma story. Bilbo of the Gate people. Ha! Good stuff as always.

Matthew

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002
Confession Time

While the quote was NOT from The Onion, the fun nature of that site was the influence on it.
:)

Just thought a little smile could not go astray... esp. when people here are told about how the competition loves Mac and Windows is ****.
:) :)

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
That would be the greatest thing ever. Well, except for me getting a new Mac with an updated iPod, 2 cinema displays, a vette, and a band of Amazon women.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.