PDA

View Full Version : tongue splitting

zimv20
May 14, 2003, 03:31 PM
link (http://www.cnn.com/2003/HEALTH/05/13/tongue.splitting.ap/index.html)

ow.

wdlove
May 14, 2003, 03:34 PM
All I can say is ouch!! He's lucky that he didn't end of with an infection, and loose part or all of his tongue. He's young now, but when he's older may be very sorry. Hope he has the cash for the repair! :(

edesignuk
May 14, 2003, 03:34 PM
http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/HEALTH/05/13/tongue.splitting.ap/vstory.tongue.splitting.ap.jpg
James Keen got his tongue split in December by a piercer who used a scalpel heated by a blowtorch.
OUCH!!!!!! :eek:

Sun Baked
May 14, 2003, 03:54 PM
When he does, he demonstrates how both forks of his tongue can move independently. And it's a plus, he says, when it comes to kissing.

"People are very curious about how it feels," says KeenI think a woman would get "more stimulation" if somebody split another part of his anatomy down the middle (with a scalpel heated by a blowtorch and no anesthetic). :eek:

OutThere
May 14, 2003, 03:56 PM
stupid humans

rainman::|:|
May 14, 2003, 04:14 PM
to each their own.

but this cannot be the activity of mentally healthy individuals.

i first heard about it maybe 5 years ago, been pretty freaked by it ever since. If people want to do it that's fine, but the first person who sticks their tongue out at me gets it ripped out. i have the same rule about ...other piercings. ;)

pnw

zimv20
May 14, 2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by paulwhannel
this cannot be the activity of mentally healthy individuals.

[snip] the first person who sticks their tongue out at me gets it ripped out. i have the same rule about ...other piercings. ;)

how do you feel about tattoos?

MrMacMan
May 14, 2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by zimv20

He burns they off. :o ;)

That must hurt, alot.

Mr. Anderson
May 14, 2003, 05:33 PM
Nasty....but people are always going to extremes to make themselves unique or different. Its what happens when individual identity blurs....

This can only lead to more extreme changes - and imagine if medical science ever allows us free reign on what we could do to change our looks?

D

lmalave
May 14, 2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Sun Baked
I think a woman would get "more stimulation" if somebody split another part of his anatomy down the middle (with a scalpel heated by a blowtorch and no anesthetic). :eek:

Heh, splitting that's old hat, dude :p

It's pretty much done the same way, down the middle. Supposedly it's done for the guy's pleasure, though, as in it's, like, doubling you pleasure because it's like you have two of them...

eyelikeart
May 14, 2003, 05:46 PM
ugh...no thank u... :rolleyes:

are we THIS bored people??

MacFan25
May 14, 2003, 06:17 PM
eww...thats nasty. i dont know why someone would do that. :rolleyes: :confused:

scem0
May 14, 2003, 06:17 PM
wanting to look different is one thing.... cutting your tongue in half is another. ;)

wdlove
May 14, 2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by lmalave
Heh, splitting that's old hat, dude :p

It's pretty much done the same way, down the middle. Supposedly it's done for the guy's pleasure, though, as in it's, like, doubling you pleasure because it's like you have two of them...

I don't see where there would be much pleasure! :confused: The tongue is an organ with the sense of taste and to move food and fluids to the back of the mouth! Then there is some freedom kissing! :)

MacFan25
May 14, 2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
I don't see where there would be much pleasure! :confused:
He probably just did it for the attention. :rolleyes: :confused:

davy the bunny
May 15, 2003, 01:42 PM
Wow, I never would have thought that this board would be so freaked out by such a harmless little thing. Sunbaked made the cute little comment about getting another piece of anatomy split down the middle, well I've got a friend who's got just that. . . There's nothing wrong with body modification, to each their own right? I mean paulwhannel probably wouldn't want to say that line about ripping anything out to any hardcore punks directly. And how can you question the mental health of anyone that you haven't met? I've got a couple of "mods" myself and though I may be a little weird to some I'm completely mentally stable.

The pleasure comes from nerve ending stimulation. I may be wrong but it was my understanding that the mouth has the second most nerve endings of any surface on your body (first being the nether regions, third being the hands), which is why babies put things in their mouths. . .

Nevermind, there is nothing wrong with body modification, it's just another way to individualize and if this is so strange, why isn't circumcision, ear piercing, or tattooing?

wdlove
May 15, 2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by MacFan25
He probably just did it for the attention. :rolleyes: :confused:

If that is his reason, he should try to go on the "David Letterman Show!" David regularly has a segement called 'Stupid Human Tricks!'

Moxiemike
May 15, 2003, 02:45 PM
I like to think that my education, morals, development as a human being, the way i treat people, and the stuff I study as hobbies (photography, writing, music, et. al) make me more of an individual than some schmucks who buy into the whole "I need to change the way I look for attention"

bleech. poop

Sun Baked
May 15, 2003, 02:59 PM
Maybe it's some sort of bizarre initiation ritual for new members of the American Bar Association...

Of course Politicians would have to be my second guess. ;)

MrMacMan
May 15, 2003, 03:27 PM
Um...

thanks for the article, I'm using it for my health article (weekly). :D

jadariv
May 15, 2003, 05:48 PM
Even though this is something i would never in a million years have thought to do. I can't help but be a little upset that there are people wasting time and resources trying to outlaw this. C'mon, is this a free freaking country or what. If somebody wants to change something on themselves for whatever reason that does not harm them or others and them have the resources to do it. Then let them do it.

90% of the large fish in ocean are gone and these stupid family values idiots want to spend our tax dollars on stopping a couple hundred maybe a couple thousand people from splitting their freaking tongue. It makes me want to hunt these right wing so and so's and shove freedom fries down their collective throats.

Geez.:mad:

rainman::|:|
May 15, 2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by zimv20

hehe i actually have one. had a cartilage piercing until last week... damn thing... i don't mind any of it, just tongue splitting and ***** piercing... i've gotten used to nipple piercing for the most part...

i don't think they should outlaw tongue splitting... just maybe, mandatory therapy first. work some of it out there :D ;)

pnw

melchior
May 16, 2003, 10:34 AM
this isn't really that extreme in the scheme of things... people do a lot more weird **** than this. paying dodgy doctors to do surgery of weird things.

i wonder how it healed though. the mouth is an interesting place...

BaghdadBob
May 17, 2003, 04:07 AM
I understand Gene Simmons wanted to do this but if I remember correctly he was informed it would interfere with his singing.

And I understand it grows back.

As far as pleasure goes... OK, to make this simple and not obscene, let's assume hetero roles when I refer to "male" and "female" here...no offense.

I don't see how a female would be enhancing any processes with this alteration. I'm trying to imagine it but it just isn't doing anything for me.

And for the male role...look, I don't know about anyone else here, but I require precision and power out of my tounge. For additional stimulation points I have my ever-versatile flanges.

Anyone who needs so much help in this arena that splitting their tounge in half would actually help needs to go back to blowjob school.

:rolleyes:

Seriously.

The only point I can see is the suggestiveness that anything related to the tounge goes.

As an example, once when I was in a meeting I spent the entire lame, boring, pointless meeting taking the top off my coffee cup without using my hands. Think one of those $20 Borders cups with the little sliding-open thingy on the lid. I was, for once, towards the far side of the room where I wouldn't be the center of attention.

After the meeting had started to clear out, I had one of my female less-immediate coworkers came over to me and told me she saw me with my cup and I was "very talented."

"Very talented," she reiterated.

I guess if a girl was in the corner peeling a cucumber with her teeth I might be a little turned-on myself :D.

If you really need that kind of attention badly enough to split your tounge...well...I had a roomate like that once, and...well, I hated his guts. Loser/whore. Find better excuses for humping or be accused by guys like me of having nothing better to offer than your piercings, tattoos, dye, and other mutilations.