Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Who is your favorite carrier?

• Total voters

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
Well there have been COUNTLESS threads, about this carrier that carrier, so to settle this another Poll!

This would probably give us the best indication about what carrier has had the best reputation for customer satisfaction. In essence which carrier Apple SHOULD have gone for.

Edit: Bah I forgot Verizon.. use other for Verizon!
Edit: Uhh someone added verizon? Thank you whoever you were :) If you can edit my title on the poll I put character instead of carrier.. if feel VERY stupid right now.. eh...

mac-er

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
I know a lot of people rag on Sprint, but I have never had a problem with Sprint at all...they have the best voicemail system (I don't think anyone should have to pay for "enhanced" voice mail), never had a dropped call, they pick up the phone immediately when calling customer service, etc.

I tried Cingular a few times and they had the worst customer service....always have to hold.

BTW, Sprint and Nextel may be one company now, but they still have very different technologies and you can buy either Sprint or Nextel service.

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
Why did you leave Verizon off the list? They are a major national carrier after all.

Eh cause I had a brain fart, Other is Verizon, couldn't figure out how to edit the dumb thing after I got it up there.

And though Nextel and Sprint are now together, their networks, (their coverage) will not merge until another year or so. Though the whole Sprint to Nextel thing is now free.

MacVault

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2002
Planet Earth
I'll vote for the first carrier that does away with yearly contracts (without increasing rates)! Until then, none of them get my vote.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
Cigular because with family plan and my parents' corporate discount, my service is $6.99 a month, and I got a free bluetooth camera phone!:)

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
Verizon, just because that's what my family uses. I suppose I wouldn't really care whatever my family uses. They're all the same to me. :confused:

NintendoFan

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2006
Massachusetts
I'm rather happy with Nextel. Though, I'll be switching with the iPhone, which is pretty good timing with how quickly Sprint is ruining what Nextel was.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
T-Mobile.

T-Mobile for one reason: Data plan pricing.

If you have a data-enabled phone, you can add unlimited data to it for only $30 a month. This is unlimited data on the phone, *AND* unlimited data when 'tethering' it to your computer.

By contrast, Cingular charges about $80 over-and-above the voice plan price for the same functionality.

That alone will probably keep me from getting the iPhone.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
USS Franklin D Roosevelt.

:)

_1969997_bag150.jpg

:D

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
T-Mobile for one reason: Data plan pricing.

If you have a data-enabled phone, you can add unlimited data to it for only $30 a month. This is unlimited data on the phone, *AND* unlimited data when 'tethering' it to your computer.

By contrast, Cingular charges about $80 over-and-above the voice plan price for the same functionality.

That alone will probably keep me from getting the iPhone.

If the T-Mobile price is for 3g data access/broadband speeds, that's good. If it's for EDGE speeds, it's as it should be.

I'm happy with Sprint. For all the flaws, the data access is great and the customer service on the phone is better than average. People in the stores and their knowledge varies as with the other stores.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
T mob, cheapest to other networks which is like 90% of my use, nuff said.

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
HAHA Cingular is winning!

I think they made the right choice.

It looks to be that way :confused: :) :rolleyes: ... Though I still love my Sprint.. :) :D

This damn thing needs to just be unlocked or they need to hurry up with that WiMax stuff. :mad:

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
If the T-Mobile price is for 3g data access/broadband speeds, that's good. If it's for EDGE speeds, it's as it should be.

It is for EDGE, but Cingular charges the same for HSDPA/UTMS as for EDGE-only phones. And when T-Mobile rolls out their UTMS, it should stay the same price. (And since the iPhone is only EDGE, it doesn't really matter, now does it?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.