PDA

View Full Version : whose seen the matrix reloaded so far???


g30ffr3y
May 14, 2003, 11:56 PM
i did!!! i went to a 10:00pm screening at my local sinaplex this evening [thursday actually]... i wont spoil anything, but i must say it was damn good... everything was very grand and vast... even the fight sequences were long and very involved... anyway... hooray... in the morning im driving up to cedar point for more fun and probably more matrix... thats about that... out.

yzeater
May 15, 2003, 12:02 AM
10:00pm...I was there

g30ffr3y
May 15, 2003, 12:11 AM
based on our two threads were the only ones...

janey
May 15, 2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by g30ffr3y
based on our two threads were the only ones...
i was going to (got 5 tix, arranged everything) but decided to see it tomorrow with my mom whose birthday is also tomorrow (thursday) and my bf prolly on sunday.
i just couldn't go. and besides, i promised to kiss my bf sometime during the movie, which is one thing i can't do when i'm paying a hell of a lot of attention to the visual effects in the movie :)

kishba
May 15, 2003, 12:24 AM
i went, and loved it

but now i must sleep so i can still go to school :(

pseudobrit
May 15, 2003, 01:42 AM
10.30 show

pretty damn good, I must say, though not as "flawless" as the first one. There were a few scenes that seemed tedious and unnecessary

kiwi_the_iwik
May 15, 2003, 02:17 AM
How lucky are YOU guys?!?

Since we're usually the LAST people on the planet to get any new movie, it'll probably be released on DVD where you are at the same time it comes out in the UK on the big screen.

I'm already having withdrawal symptoms.

...that eye-twitch wasn't there this morning, either...

:rolleyes:

krossfyter
May 15, 2003, 02:25 AM
yep saw it. on one level it was a good movie... not great though.

on another level.... it was rather disapointing to me. pedestrian it was. It doesnt deliver on Neos phone call that ends the last film.

baby duck monge
May 15, 2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by krossfyter
yep saw it. on one level it was a good movie... not great though.

on another level.... it was rather disapointing to me. pedestrian it was. It doesnt deliver on Neos phone call that ends the last film.

just got back from it a little while ago. i totally agree. some parts were fantastic (as far as effects go), but the story could've used a little...something. not sad i went, but hoping the last one will be a bit better.

Mblazened
May 15, 2003, 03:15 AM
i just saw it. Incredible!
Too much talk in some scenes though.

The special effects were amazing!

Skandranon
May 15, 2003, 03:59 AM
I dunno. I can't say I was as thrilled about it as I had hoped to be. It was incredible, don't get me wrong... but flawed in many more ways than the first film was.

I must say I'm just enthusiastic to get to the final chapter of this incredible saga.

krossfyter
May 15, 2003, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by baby duck monge
just got back from it a little while ago. i totally agree. some parts were fantastic (as far as effects go), but the story could've used a little...something. not sad i went, but hoping the last one will be a bit better.

you see i think my expectations were too high. i think yours might have been too. but that happens right.

anyways.... i really wished for something else... ***** hit the fan at the end of the first movie and then we go into number two and find out that thats not where we are at. that we are dealing with the same stuff actually all over again just with little twists here and there. perhaps the third one will totally amaze us. maybe "the one" isnt actually "the one" and maybe mr anderson is actually "the one".... who knows im ready for something like that. i guess i thought that neo was god like but i forgot that just because he knows the code and can break it doesnt mean he can do it all the time and that he is still bound by being human. i really liked the intellectual dialogue of the film. i liked it better then the fighting scenes. thats what i most enjoyed about the film. the architect dialogue was the highest part in my opinion with the frenchie guy part not to far behind and of course the oracle. so what i most enjoy about the matrix and what really is at core here with part 2 (even if i think it failed in delivery... or what seems to be it at the moment for me) is how it interweaves 21st century philosophy and generas. thats awesome. anyways this is not my movie its the directors movie so who am i to say that it should need this and doesnt need that (when i talk about delievery and it being pedestrian because of that) . so i guess i have mixed emotions. all in all its the matrix... very cool bold concpet for a movie. rather old plato concpets (illusion vs reality) but cool how it brings in post modern theory etc. etc.

scem0
May 15, 2003, 06:58 AM
Buying tickets for 7:00 tonight (thurs) right now.

has no one told you
she's not breathing?
hello,
im your mind
giving you someone to talk to.
hello.

That is the most beatiful song ever. Evanescence rocks.

patrick0brien
May 15, 2003, 12:13 PM
-Gents

Saw the 10:00pm showing last night.

Very nice. Some scenes seem to be unecessary, but I recall feeling similar after the first one.

I'm going to need to see it many more times to be sure (like last time).

kaltsasa
May 15, 2003, 12:33 PM
I saw it last night 10:00 P.M.......i then proceeded to an 8 AM final today. Overall it was gerat, some parts were mabye a little off from what I was expecting but then I have to think about what my visions of the matrix have been for the past 4 years and what the filmmakers visons are. For the past 4 years we have built up in our minds what the next movie should be and then are dissapointed when its not. I take it for what it is, a special effect thriller, that makes you think a little....but not too much if you dont want too.....and that makes a pretty good movie by me.

technocoy
May 15, 2003, 01:00 PM
i have to go see it again... i liked it, but i am a tad dissapointed, but it does seem to be a big set-up for the third one though.. so hopefully. i think they made a mistake going so big and shiny.. you lose the intimacy, and the focus on the characters... i will go again tonight or tomorrow... let you know more then. not as good as the first though, in my opinion.:)

davy the bunny
May 15, 2003, 01:05 PM
saw it last night @ 10:30.

I agree completely that if you were one of the few who cared enough to really anticipate it and think about it and know about it, then you may be a little dissappointed with the cerebral aspects of it. I don't want to make excuses for it not coming back with a truly spectacular showing, but it's definitely worth it to see all of the exposition for Matrix Revolutions and the nice plot twists. Only the most hardcore will not be satisfied, but you will probably like it even if you had to laugh at the arrogance and cheesiness of it at some points like I did.

janey
May 15, 2003, 07:41 PM
just saw it...
visual effects and the technical stuff == rocked
plot == really really sucked
no offense but it seems like the wachowski brothers are basking in the glory and fame left over from the first matrix movie a tad too much.

job
May 15, 2003, 07:57 PM
i don't think they wanted the story to be anything outstanding for this one.

if you notice, the archetect mentioned that this is the sixth time that....well, if you've seen it, you know what i'm talking about. ;)

i think this comment leads to much more than just a few wire-fu scenes.

there seemed to be something just under the surface, like the plot twist that no-one expects.

observation: i don't think mr. anderson's character was present in the previous five uprisings....i wonder where that will lead...

scem0
May 15, 2003, 08:24 PM
It was pretty good but not near as good as the 1st one. Neo is waaaaaaaay too powerful. He can revive people from the dead, fly, what's next?!?!?! Great movies though. Can't wait for Nov. :)

janey
May 15, 2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by scem0
It was pretty good but not near as good as the 1st one. Neo is waaaaaaaay too powerful. He can revive people from the dead, fly, what's next?!?!?! Great movies though. Can't wait for Nov. :)
the thing is they give neo too much power. that practically destroys all the suspense and emotional stuff in the movie. I mean come on, the movie would be so much better if Neo wasn't so invincible and if people like Trinity, Morpheus and Niobe actually got hurt (not in real life but in the movie).

shadowfax
May 15, 2003, 09:13 PM
i got tickets for 10:45 tomorrow night with some pals. one of my friends is pissed off that it's been commercialized and is worried about noisy children and so on, so we went for late as possible.

but i guess this makes me the lategoer...

shadowfax
May 15, 2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by scem0
It was pretty good but not near as good as the 1st one. Neo is waaaaaaaay too powerful. He can revive people from the dead, fly, what's next?!?!?! Great movies though. Can't wait for Nov. :) isn't he supposed to be like a christ figure? i mean didn't they say he would be insanely powerful in the first one?

the_wallcrawler
May 16, 2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by übergeek
the thing is they give neo too much power. that practically destroys all the suspense and emotional stuff in the movie. I mean come on, the movie would be so much better if Neo wasn't so invincible and if people like Trinity, Morpheus and Niobe actually got hurt (not in real life but in the movie).

i believe that they are portraying neo as super-duper powerful in order to set up a huge plot twist or a huge downfall.

overall i think this film wasnt as good as the first. but when is a sequel ever as good (or better) as the first? oh yea.........X2. :)

i think the final matrix is going to blow our minds. i think this one was purposely "watered" down, for lack of a better term, to set up revolutions.

something huge will happen. what that is i'm not sure.

what is everyones thoughts on neo being able to stop the machines in the "real world"? that definitly holds the key to what is going to happen in the final film.

of the two summer blockbusters thus far, i liked X2 better. probably due to my emotional connections to the characters. in all honesty i dont really care what happens to the characters in the matrix. i think that is the main problem with the series.

eric

scem0
May 17, 2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by übergeek
the thing is they give neo too much power. that practically destroys all the suspense and emotional stuff in the movie. I mean come on, the movie would be so much better if Neo wasn't so invincible and if people like Trinity, Morpheus and Niobe actually got hurt (not in real life but in the movie).

I would say Trinity got pretty banged up when fighting the agent ;).

Originally posted by Shadowfax
isn't he supposed to be like a christ figure? i mean didn't they say he would be insanely powerful in the first one?

well yeah.... but it would be better if he wasn't as powerful.

shadowfax
May 17, 2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by scem0
well yeah.... but it would be better if he wasn't as powerful. no, i don't think so at all. i think you guys totally missed the point on his power. he had to have that power to make the choice... or if you paid any attention to the thesis of the film, the power to understand why he made the choice he did. also, i misunderstood you guys. i thought he really was able to just randomly resurrect people. now that i see it, i realize that it was a result of his love. i don't know that he could resurrect just anyone. it seems like a one-time thing--as supported by the fact that it only happened once in the film. i think that thematically this film has a whole lot more to offer than i could glean in one viewing. i'll have to see it a number of times... but i think i'll wait till it comes out and buy it to save ca$h.

scem0
May 17, 2003, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Shadowfax
i think that thematically this film has a whole lot more to offer than i could glean in one viewing. i'll have to see it a number of times... but i think i'll wait till it comes out and buy it to save ca$h.
I definitely agree with you there. I am downloading it right now ;). I am seeing it again this weekend too with a different friend.

But as for Neo being too powerful. I think, yes, his mental/spiritual/blah power is very important, and is a good thing to add to the movie, but the physical powers he has are what makes it worse. I know the source of his physical power is from his mental powers, but he just shouldn't be able to fly places and **** like that. Corny. Also, what is up with him now having powers in the REAL world? This has been discussed in the other matrix thread in the current events section, but I will raise that topic here too, because I don't fully agree with any of the theories in the other thread.

Maybe I thought it wasn't near as good as the 1st one because I had to sit on the VERY fron row of the theater, and I could only see the middle of the screen comfortably.

shadowfax
May 17, 2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by scem0
I definitely agree with you there. I am downloading it right now ;). I am seeing it again this weekend too with a different friend.

But as for Neo being too powerful. I think, yes, his mental/spiritual/blah power is very important, and is a good thing to add to the movie, but the physical powers he has are what makes it worse. I know the source of his physical power is from his mental powers, but he just shouldn't be able to fly places and **** like that. Corny. Also, what is up with him now having powers in the REAL world? This has been discussed in the other matrix thread in the current events section, but I will raise that topic here too, because I don't fully agree with any of the theories in the other thread.

Maybe I thought it wasn't near as good as the 1st one because I had to sit on the VERY fron row of the theater, and I could only see the middle of the screen comfortably. that's like bitching about superman 'cos he can fly, or spiderman 'cos he can walk up walls, i think. i mean, he really doesn't have any powers you didn't know about in the first one. every hero has his powers, no matter how seemingly limitless. every hero also has (a) weakness(es). sometimes the power is the weakness. that's certainly the case with neo--his love both empowers him and causes him to make flawed judgments (some would say). as to his powers in the real world, it's a great plot twist, i think. i'm curious to see what the implication is. anyone ever see The Thirteenth Floor? maybe it's a matrix within a matrix :p

scem0
May 17, 2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Shadowfax
that's like bitching about superman 'cos he can fly, or spiderman 'cos he can walk up walls, i think. i mean, he really doesn't have any powers you didn't know about in the first one. every hero has his powers, no matter how seemingly limitless. every hero also has (a) weakness(es). sometimes the power is the weakness. that's certainly the case with neo--his love both empowers him and causes him to make flawed judgments (some would say). as to his powers in the real world, it's a great plot twist, i think. i'm curious to see what the implication is. anyone ever see The Thirteenth Floor? maybe it's a matrix within a matrix :p

The Wichousky brothers have already said that there is only one matrix, and there will be no matricees. So don't get you hopes up :).

Yes, superheros are ultra-powerful, and it isn't just Neo's powers that annoy me. I get annoyed when any super-hero is endowed with superfluous powers. It just ruins the movie/TV show when nobody can touch the superhero, because he is so powerful. Neo's abounding powers will probably be a plot twist in Revolutions, but they made Reloaded a little bit worse IMO.

shadowfax
May 17, 2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by scem0
The Wichousky brothers have already said that there is only one matrix, and there will be no matricees. So don't get you hopes up :).

Yes, superheros are ultra-powerful, and it isn't just Neo's powers that annoy me. I get annoyed when any super-hero is endowed with superfluous powers. It just ruins the movie/TV show when nobody can touch the superhero, because he is so powerful. Neo's abounding powers will probably be a plot twist in Revolutions, but they made Reloaded a little bit worse IMO. that's your problem, i think: you think they're superfluous. i think the fact that he is untouchable is part of the point. neo os the one. he's practically god. his battle is occurring on a totally different level than you're thinking. he's not fighting agents anymore, wondering whether he'll win. he knows he will. he's battling the matrix itself, so to speak. it's more of a battle of wills with that architect guy, among other things. the real conflict in this film seems more psycological than the last film.

scem0
May 17, 2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Shadowfax
that's your problem, i think: you think they're superfluous. i think the fact that he is untouchable is part of the point. neo os the one. he's practically god. his battle is occurring on a totally different level than you're thinking. he's not fighting agents anymore, wondering whether he'll win. he knows he will. he's battling the matrix itself, so to speak. it's more of a battle of wills with that architect guy, among other things. the real conflict in this film seems more psycological than the last film.

That's true. And I think the movie would be better if he was still trying to beat agents instead of knowing he will win before-hand.

But that is just my opinion (which can't be wrong ;)).

vollspacken
May 18, 2003, 02:13 PM
I saw it yesterday on the ultrascreen in madison and i have to say:

"what an insanely great movie!!!"

everything that I hoped for was delivered... except one thing: the soundtrack wasn't as good as the first one, since they had music written for it instead of using existing tracks like in the first one :( I hate paul oakenfold, ****ty cheezy techno-trance for mega-clubs :eek:

however, that movie rocks and I want to see more of the french son-of-a-bitch and m. belluci :D bring the ghost-twins back!!! (maybe they died in the explosion??? hope not...)

I think the best thing is that agent smith now is a freelance-badass! man, that guy is pissed!!!

to sum it up, great plot, unbelievable action-scenes, effects that blend really nice and on and no and on... :D

oh, BTW, usually I'm always unsadisfied when I leave the theater... but not yesterday... wednesday I'm done with finals, going to the shiznit again taht day!!!

my 2 euro-cents

vSpacken

(and my friends in Germany can't see it yet, muharharhar!!!)

tazo
May 18, 2003, 03:04 PM
i am seeing it at 4pm :P

Tequila Grandma
May 18, 2003, 03:19 PM
I posted almost the same thing on another board, but here it is for all you macrumors folks...

The car chase scene, while ridiculously implausible, was still incredibly cool, and made sitting through the rest of the movie worth it. Other highlights included simply seeing Monica Belluci. Even if her makeup wasn't very good, it was still a pleasure to see her in a big American motion picture. The fight scene following the Belluci stuff was also a bit of fun.

I'd say that on its own, this was an alright film with some nice action sequences, but as a sequel to something as neat and fun to watch as "The Matrix", it is, of course, an almost total failure. Absolutely no aspect of this film (the production design, the editing, the cinematography, the fight sequences, the computer-generated effects, the acting, the score, the dialogue, and all sorts of other things) was even half as good as in "The Matrix". Added to this, the general mystery in the first film was really its most valuable quality, and that sense of discovery is almost totally absent from this new film. Of course this is a sequel, and is therefore inherently less fresh and new feeling than the original; but I felt that if a few plot points were changed, and the style and tone of the film was in a manner more similar to the first, the air of mystery could have been kept constant.

Also, the scene in which Neo battles the many Agent Smiths looked as if The Sims were fighting each other. Terrible CG effects.

Arigato,
Brook