PDA

View Full Version : My ipod nano is whining!...

Blackhawk2006
Jan 15, 2007, 12:53 PM
hi all
my new ipod nano silver is whining when it is on and when i put it next to my ear i can hear a sorta whining or some sort of sound .... its wierd ... is it the back light or something ?

Tech Guy 07
Jan 15, 2007, 08:53 PM
hi all
my new ipod nano silver is whining when it is on and when i put it next to my ear i can hear a sorta whining or some sort of sound .... its wierd ... is it the back light or something ?

Yes, it's a common problem on some of the new Nano's. You really hear the noise when the backlight comes on. It's "another" video screen problem/flaw. They went from cracked screens with the 1G Nano to "Whining" backlights on the 2G. There was even a post on Apples Web site describing this problem, but I think Apple made it disappear...

*Sigh*

I'm not sure if Apple has a fix for it. I honestly think the only thing you can do is replace/exchange it. I'm in the market as well for a new iPod, and was thinking about the 8GB Nano. Looks like I might get the 30 Gig instead, since Apple still doesn't have this fixed.

Does anyone else on MacRumors have any suggestions?

--Tech Guy 07

dllavaneras
Jan 15, 2007, 08:58 PM
You can exchange it, but if you choose to replace it (and don't need to right away) you might try waiting until the new iPods are released.

As if you didn't know that already :p

n-abounds
Jan 15, 2007, 11:13 PM
You can exchange it, but if you choose to replace it (and don't need to right away) you might try waiting until the new iPods are released.

As if you didn't know that already :p

Meh, I don't think a substantial change is coming for the Nanos.

Blackhawk2006
Jan 16, 2007, 05:19 AM
well honestly this silver ipod was a replacement for my ipod 1st gen black which broken so i took it back to store lucklily with 12 month warrenty just in range and replaced it ...

i dont think i could go and replace it again like 3 days later lol

well tis okay .., its not like i can hear when im listening to music or anything ... just a minor flaw i suppose