PDA

View Full Version : Yay!I got my iPod Shuffle!

snakelda
Jan 15, 2007, 12:59 PM
I asked my aunt to buy me the iPod shuffle and I gaver her $100(she works at Walmart and gets 10% discount)so it cost $77.15!I went to go pick it up from her this morning and I love it!It's so small...and it's got a clip so I can clip it to my shorts when I run in my PT class tommorrow!

polevault139
Jan 15, 2007, 01:06 PM
I just bought mine two days ago. I used to think they were a horrible idea, but when I held one I immediately wanted one. They are really good for running if you dont want the Nike +. So I have an iPod for all of my music, movies, pictures, and the shuffle for my weightlifting and running music.

Congrats on the shuffle

robPOD
Jan 15, 2007, 02:23 PM
Get a Real iPod.

MattyMac
Jan 15, 2007, 02:29 PM
Congrats to both of you! I'm a proud ownver of a 2G shuffle (among many others) as well.

Get a Real iPod.

That was the worst response ever, especially in this forum.

...jealous much?

calculus
Jan 15, 2007, 02:31 PM
I think the shuffles are great. Enjoy them both of you.

xUKHCx
Jan 15, 2007, 02:38 PM
I'm so jealous, even though i have 8gb Nano i think the shuffles are so cool, i will probably break down and buy one.

X5-452
Jan 15, 2007, 02:48 PM
Get a Real iPod.

It's on the Apple site and branded as an iPod, therefore I believe that makes it a real one. Unless you think he got the Super Shuffle Tangent crap, in which case, yes, that's not a real iPod. Good on you for looking out for him :p

Littleodie914
Jan 15, 2007, 03:14 PM
Get a Real iPod.Oh that's nice :mad:

snakelda, congrats! I actually just picked one up today from our campus store, and I just got back from running with it. It's much easier and more convenient than running with a "real" iPod. :rolleyes:

MovieCutter
Jan 15, 2007, 03:44 PM
Get a Real iPod.

ha ha ha, that made me laugh.

SkyBell
Jan 15, 2007, 03:46 PM
The new ones are nice and small, but I actually like the old ones better. Just a better design in my opinion.

Sesshi
Jan 15, 2007, 06:05 PM
It's a lovely piece of kit, but I also prefer the old ones because of the immediacy of the USB plug for data storage. Personally for players 2Gb and under I'd go for a drag & drop player like the Samsung YP-U2 (once again with a built in USB plug) and put it on an old Shuffle style lanyard.

bbergie
Jan 15, 2007, 06:26 PM
I have had my iPod shuffle for about a year and a half; I don't always need to have my full library with me (obviously), and so I find the Shuffle to be quite convenient. I've thought about switching (pardon the expression) to an iPod Nano, but I think I'll miss the quick responsiveness and convenience with an unit that has but two buttons that are easily distinguishable. It's great for reaching blindly into my pocket to strike pause or play––as the situation demands.

snakelda
Jan 15, 2007, 11:40 PM
Get a Real iPod.
I already have a "real" iPod....considering you mean a 60GB a real one.I like it but I have PT class and I like to hear music and my teacher lets me hear music.I can't actually believe how apple invented a mp3 this small and functional!The thing that I really like is the clip!

Grey Beard
Jan 16, 2007, 02:12 PM
It's a lovely piece of kit, but I also prefer the old ones because of the immediacy of the USB plug for data storage. Personally for players 2Gb and under I'd go for a drag & drop player like the Samsung YP-U2 (once again with a built in USB plug) and put it on an old Shuffle style lanyard.

I love my Shuffle (2 Gen) as well, and to overcome the lack of USB, I got the IncipioBud. No cables, no dock, and tiny. It cost us$5.99, take a look at myincipio.com, it is specifically for the 2nd generation Shuffle and MacWorld gave it 4 mice. I'm still waiting for the iTrip universal from Griffin, so as I can have it play through the car stereo in my Audi.

I reckon that it's the best few dollars that I have spent.

KGB

Blackhawk2006
Jan 17, 2007, 02:09 PM
lol at some of this thread

anyway on topic

although i have a ipod nano which holds quite a few of my songs and a "real ipod" ... ? ... a 30gb black video ipod i really want a shuffle

i dont no why i just really want one ... sorta like a cool factor about it ...
i think for if i get it it will be used more than my other ipods because of its portability .. ie during college i hate risking having my ipod scratched and weighing down my pocket ... this would do me just fine for use in college or on the bus etc

Blackhawk2006
Jan 18, 2007, 11:47 AM
actually i mgiht try and get a first gen one off a mate ...
chow!