Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carriedieanna

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2006
Hello. I'm have a g4 1.2 ghz ibook that's having a couple minor problems.

1) The battery doesn't charge when connected to the ac adapter while the computer is awake. I have reset the pmu with no luck. i have reset the pram. I've opened up the computer to make sure everything is seated properly. It only charges when the computer is in sleep mode or when it's shut off completely. I've also tested the battery and the adapter on my g3 ibook. They all work great. so i know it's not the battery or adapter. I have suspicions that the problem is the dc in board. I was wondering if I could test that by taking the dc in board from my g3 and putting it in the g4. are those parts compatible?

2) The other problem I'm having is the g4 won't go to sleep when I close the lid. I read somewhere that maybe the keyboard is not seated properly and the lid is depressing keys, but I've checked that and it's not touching. I can manually put it to sleep and wake it up. also if it sits for the amount of time in the system preferences, it will go to sleep by itself. the sleeping problem is only when i close the lid. any ideas?

Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.