PDA

View Full Version : need help with ebay feedback?

Moxiemike
May 15, 2003, 01:12 PM
Check here. :) (http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedbackMemberLeft&memberId=andy46477&items=250)

Some of my faves:

Praise: When I open boxes of cereal, you should be inside. Yes, you're THAT GOOD!

Praise: Very HIGH QUALITY preserved cancer tumors. I ate them. I know it was wrong.

Praise: Tub o jelly. 12 gallon belly. Greasy layers, oh so smelly. SEXUALLY ENTICING.

Praise: Has intestinal FORTITUDE!!! Eats PORTIONED meals!!! Enjoys NOURISHMENT!!!

Praise: Best seller on Ebay! In fact, this experience made me want to put down my gun.

Moxiemike
May 15, 2003, 01:16 PM
_Praise: Great seller! Who cared for me when I was sick? You got it - jazztime did.

man. this might be the most surreal one there. teehee

zarathustra
May 15, 2003, 01:52 PM
These are great!

It's amazing how our society is changing. A decade ago, if you would have said "eBay Feedback" - you would have gotten blank stares. Also, relative anonymity on the web allows people to be funnier and more honest (at least open).

Kid Red
May 15, 2003, 02:56 PM
Those really don't help future buyers or sellers from getting a well rounded idea if they should do business with that person or not. You're wasting the feedback oppurtunity and not helping anyone who deals with that person in the future.

Thanks! :)

Moxiemike
May 15, 2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Kid Red
Those really don't help future buyers or sellers from getting a well rounded idea if they should do business with that person or not. You're wasting the feedback oppurtunity and not helping anyone who deals with that person in the future.

Thanks! :)

can you say wet blanket? ;)

trebblekicked
May 15, 2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Moxiemike

no, but i can say, "The Pope bought his Pope Hat on eBay. You didn't know that, did u? OUTSTANDING!"

i love this guy. thanks for the link.

Moxiemike
May 15, 2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by trebblekicked
no, but i can say, "The Pope bought his Pope Hat on eBay. You didn't know that, did u? OUTSTANDING!"

i love this guy. thanks for the link.

Pittsburgh, eh mr kicked? whereabouts???

trebblekicked
May 15, 2003, 04:23 PM
i'm in squirrel hill for another three months, but then it's off to chicago (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26835) Where do you live? (also, where to you shop? compusa or mac outfitters?)

Flowbee
May 15, 2003, 04:34 PM
Check here. :) (http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedbackMemberLeft&memberId=andy46477&items=250)

Some of my faves:

Praise: Very HIGH QUALITY preserved cancer tumors. I ate them. I know it was wrong.

Oh yeah, it's so fun to try and build up a respectable rating, only to wake up one day and find one or two of these retarded comments in your feedback.

What a dork.

alset
May 15, 2003, 04:51 PM

How about, "Many people do business on eBay to make a living?"

I know two people who take their feedback very seriously. One is in a lawsuit over someone who gave him false feedback because it hurts his ability to do business and cost him several documented transactions. True, these are meant in good fun, but eBay is business.

Dan

trebblekicked
May 15, 2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by alset
How about, "Many people do business on eBay to make a living?"

I know two people who take their feedback very seriously. One is in a lawsuit over someone who gave him false feedback because it hurts his ability to do business and cost him several documented transactions. True, these are meant in good fun, but eBay is business.

Dan

i think ebay better worry about the scam artists that exploit their system before they say word one to someone who's making a joke.

what's wrong with a "feedback removal petition"? obviously these are jokes, if someone cares that much, give them a way to remove it.

Kwyjibo
May 15, 2003, 11:22 PM
you can appeal to have feedback removed but it takes a few days and they don't make any promises unless its vuglar or gives out personal information.

Moxiemike
May 16, 2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by trebblekicked
i'm in squirrel hill for another three months, but then it's off to chicago (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26835) Where do you live? (also, where to you shop? compusa or mac outfitters?)

Chicago. Lucky. I'm in the suburbs outside Monroeville but i'm always in the city and spend a decent amt of time in Sq. Hill (Coffee Tree, etc)

I shop at the wilkins twp compusa, which is like, five minutes from me... more out of convenience. :D

Kid Red
May 16, 2003, 11:52 AM

Yes, I can say alot, and obviously you like to hear your self talk a lot too. A wet blanket would be used by a person of younger years lacking wisdom as well as common sense, kind of similar to the type of person would misuse the feedback on ebay.

Moxiemike
May 16, 2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Kid Red
Yes, I can say alot, and obviously you like to hear your self talk a lot too. A wet blanket would be used by a person of younger years lacking wisdom as well as common sense, kind of similar to the type of person would misuse the feedback on ebay.

Well, there bigger misuses of eBay out there, and some smart a$$ typing funny feedback comments is PROBABLY the leats of ebay's worries, what with fraud running rampant all through the site....

melchior
May 16, 2003, 12:09 PM
i agree. wet blanket it is.

Moxiemike
May 16, 2003, 12:18 PM
I solemnly swear to NEVER leave serious feedback again. it will be true AFA positive/negative. But it will be FUNNY. :)

melchior
May 16, 2003, 12:28 PM
I solemnly swear to NEVER leave serious feedback again. it will be true AFA positive/negative. But it will be FUNNY. :)

here, here! i'll drink to that!