PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Music Store in Africa???

vouder17
May 15, 2003, 03:19 PM
Hello , I live in Africa and there have been rumours that by years end there will be an international iTunes Music Store, and they mention europe and Canada but they don't mention Africa, Asia, Australasia....etc.
So I was wondering if anyone has any idea if that version of the iTunes Music Store will also be released everywhere else in the world apart from only Canada and Europe?????

Thanx

cc bcc
May 15, 2003, 05:12 PM
I think eventualy, it will. If you can get a credit card, why not. I don't really understand why it's not possible now, since having a credit card means that you can pay.
But if Apple has to set up contracts with the record companies for each country, then I'm afraid that a small country as Swaziland gets left behind.
I hope that it will be world wide soon!

iJon
May 15, 2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by cc bcc
I think eventualy, it will. If you can get a credit card, why not. I don't really understand why it's not possible now, since having a credit card means that you can pay.
But if Apple has to set up contracts with the record companies for each country, then I'm afraid that a small country as Swaziland gets left behind.
I hope that it will be world wide soon!
because when you enter your credit card you have to put in your address, which he doesnt live in the us so it wont verify. if he had a us address he could do it.

iJon

vouder17
May 15, 2003, 05:22 PM
Thanx for the reply , i was wondering how they find out if u live outside the States , what if u say in your registration that u are from the states and then u pay for the songs by credit card?
Well i really hope comes out worldwide soon, I am really looking forward to it.

PS: My parents originally come from Holland

iJon
May 15, 2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by vouder17
Thanx for the reply , i was wondering how they find out if u live outside the States , what if u say in your registration that u are from the states and then u pay for the songs by credit card?
Well i really hope comes out worldwide soon, I am really looking forward to it.

PS: My parents originally come from Holland
because if they credit card doenst match your address it wont be verified. thats why online when you order something they ask for you shipping address and your billing address. your billing address is the address you put down when you signed up for the credit card, thats why this wont work. apple wont know, but the credit card comapnies will and you will be rejected.

iJon

vouder17
May 15, 2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by iJon
because if they credit card doenst match your address it wont be verified. thats why online when you order something they ask for you shipping address and your billing address. your billing address is the address you put down when you signed up for the credit card, thats why this wont work. apple wont know, but the credit card comapnies will and you will be rejected.

iJon

Thanks for your help, it is a pity that these things are such a hastle to get down here, even the hardware is late to arrive here and it is really expensive!

MrMacMan
May 15, 2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by vouder17
Thanks for your help, it is a pity that these things are such a hastle to get down here, even the hardware is late to arrive here and it is really expensive!

Don't give up yet! (http://www.macslash.org/articles/03/05/13/133240.shtml)

see if you are able to do this, because this is the only known method I know of...

edit: not perfectly legal or good... but only way...

cc bcc
May 16, 2003, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by iJon
because when you enter your credit card you have to put in your address, which he doesnt live in the us so it wont verify. if he had a us address he could do it.

iJon

Yes I know that. But I don't see the reasons for this. Why would your address matter? I have a credit card, so the Mastercard company that issued this must believe I'll be able to pay for what I've ordered.
I think this usa-only thing was a demand from one or more of the record company's. And when they feel secure with the iTMS, it will be opened for the rest of the world all at once.