PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Tanks

OutThere
May 15, 2003, 03:28 PM
Pocket tanks is a really cool little game adapted from and Amiga version...its endless fun and there is a free version. Check it out, you won't be disappointed. :D

Click (http://www.ct*******.com)

http://www.ct*******.com/graphics/screenshots/pt/pt_tommygun.jpg

Roger1
May 15, 2003, 05:16 PM
It's a cool game. I have the demo loaded onto my machine. I play it quite a bit. Here is a link to another fun little game

http://www.thejab.com/newsite/balm.html

MacBandit
May 15, 2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by OutThere761
Pocket tanks is a really cool little game adapted from and Amiga version...its endless fun and there is a free version. Check it out, you won't be disappointed. :D

Click (http://www.ct*******.com)

Hey cool. I use to play a game like this on my Amiga. I can now finally play it on my Mac.

King Cobra
May 15, 2003, 06:04 PM
That looks like a critically modified version of Artillery 2.0.1 for System 7. That was a cool game.

Edit: Can anyone get the freeware version to download and work?

It's located just below the Pocket Tanks logo on this page:
http://www.ct*******.com/downloads.htm (http://www.ct*******.com/downloads.htm)

MrMacMan
May 15, 2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Roger1
It's a cool game. I have the demo loaded onto my machine. I play it quite a bit. Here is a link to another fun little game

http://www.thejab.com/newsite/balm.html

I can't beat that!

arg... am I trying to little or trying to much?

applemacdude
May 15, 2003, 08:08 PM
wasnt there another tread about pocket tanks?

anyways...that game is fun but i want to buy the full verion..better weopons

shadowfax
May 15, 2003, 09:18 PM
that's a fun game. is it really OS X native, then, or do you have to run classic? i am too lazy to grab the demo.

MacBandit
May 16, 2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by MrMacman
I can't beat that!

I did it I did it. I won I really really won.

I just pretended it was a Microsoft program and coutrered it with a well thought out innovative program.:D

shadowfax
May 16, 2003, 02:25 AM
that tank game is addictive as hell. i just played it for 2.5 hours straight, lol

MacBandit
May 16, 2003, 02:30 AM
I was really addicted to that virus game too until flash locked up my computer with the spinning wheel of death for the second time. Oh, well guess I can't play that one.

shadowfax
May 16, 2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by MacBandit
I was really addicted to that virus game too until flash locked up my computer with the spinning wheel of death for the second time. Oh, well guess I can't play that one. odd. i have absolutely no problems whatever. it's running smooth as butter. god, ok, it's time to go to bed.

MacBandit
May 16, 2003, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Shadowfax
odd. i have absolutely no problems whatever. it's running smooth as butter. god, ok, it's time to go to bed.

Actually it ran fine for me too for the first game but usually by about the end of the second game the wheel pops up and goes and goes and goes. I don't know if this makes a difference but my games are quite long and each time I won the first game and was just about to win the second game when it spazed out. I don't think it likes losing.

melchior
May 16, 2003, 06:27 AM
yeah, this style of game has been around since before time.

my personal favourite incarnation was 'Scorched Earth'. it was very cool and very funny.

for those interested: Scorched FAQ (http://www.classicgaming.com/scorch/faq.html)

evoluzione
May 16, 2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by applemacdude

yeah there certainly was i started a thread before i went into muppetmode when i bought the full version, a few almost sleepless nights were had, many memories revisited (sad eh) :)

Mr. Anderson
May 16, 2003, 10:16 AM
Damn, nice update to an old game - I love the special shot option, something always lacking in the single shot, get bored really fast original one.

Hey, anyone ever see a 3D version of this game? that would be interesting....

D

medea
May 16, 2003, 11:16 AM
thanks, that game is too much fun.

MacBandit
May 16, 2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
Damn, nice update to an old game - I love the special shot option, something always lacking in the single shot, get bored really fast original one.

Hey, anyone ever see a 3D version of this game? that would be interesting....

D

Through in depth and imagine how the difficulty level. I love it. Who's going to make it?

Roger1
May 17, 2003, 04:10 PM
I can't beat that!

You have to be very aggressive. Don't bother trying to get a lot of blocks. Just get to the other side and hammer away at it. One tip- On your way over to the other side of the board, turn a random block to "break the chain" so to speak. That will minimize your losses if the virus gets the upper hand.

Macmaniac
May 18, 2003, 10:05 AM
Yes Pocket tanks is a great game, I first played it on a PC and wanted a mac version right away. Thanks to this months MacAddict disk I now have pocket tanks:)
Now I play against my sis all the time, and of course I beat her but we can't stop!
I hope I can get it to work on my old PB 5300.

Freg3000
May 21, 2003, 09:21 PM
I like it a lot, but not enough to buy the full version. :)

applemacdude
May 21, 2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Freg3000
I like it a lot, but not enough to buy the full version. :)

well maybe free downloadable nuke pack is a reson i bought the game..

zoetropeuk
May 24, 2003, 09:56 AM
I got a bit carried away with this game and bought all of the weapon packs. But the best thing with this game is my girlfriend loves it and sits on MY LAP whenever we play it !!!!! GO pocket tanks.

shadowfax
May 24, 2003, 12:49 PM
using a computer game to get some. pitiful :p ;)

Roger1
May 24, 2003, 08:44 PM
I got a bit carried away with this game and bought all of the weapon packs. But the best thing with this game is my girlfriend loves it and sits on MY LAP whenever we play it !!!!! GO pocket tanks.

Is it a real girlfriend or a "virtual" girlfriend? :D

Anyway, I should try that with my wife.
;)

Roger1
May 24, 2003, 08:47 PM

Tread?? Is this a typo, or a lame pun?:D

RHutch
May 28, 2003, 03:34 PM
I used to play a game like this on my Commodore 64, Artillery Duel, with my brothers. The old version was much simpler. I don't think there were multiple weapons, but I think that there was wind to deal with. Does anyone remember?

Anyway, it is so easy to play this game for a long time. I told my brother about it. He downloaded it and got hooked quickly also.

MacBandit
May 29, 2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by RHutch
I used to play a game like this on my Commodore 64, Artillery Duel, with my brothers. The old version was much simpler. I don't think there were multiple weapons, but I think that there was wind to deal with. Does anyone remember?

Anyway, it is so easy to play this game for a long time. I told my brother about it. He downloaded it and got hooked quickly also.

I do remember and no there wasn't any more weapons as all you had was a fixed castle and a canon. Yes there was wind also and it could change between each shot.

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2003, 02:49 PM
I do remember and no there wasn't any more weapons as all you had was a fixed castle and a canon. Yes there was wind also and it could change between each shot.

Go into the options in pocket tank and you can add wind as well - makes it a little more challenging on the higher levels.....:D

D

MacBandit
May 29, 2003, 04:07 PM
Go into the options in pocket tank and you can add wind as well - makes it a little more challenging on the higher levels.....:D

D

Yeah, I noticed the wind option but I haven't tried it yet.

What level of difficulty are you playing at?

Mr. Anderson
May 29, 2003, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I noticed the wind option but I haven't tried it yet.

What level of difficulty are you playing at?

10 - and its easy - I have to add the wind and variable direction to lose once in a while.

The key is in selecting your shots at the beginning - go for the ones with the most umph!

Sniper 100pts
Single Shot 60 pts
Chain Reaction ~100 pts or more
Napalm ~ 120+ if you get the enemy in a deep hole.

I've won a game with over 600 pts in ten shots.

D

MacBandit
May 29, 2003, 09:13 PM
10 - and its easy - I have to add the wind and variable direction to lose once in a while.

The key is in selecting your shots at the beginning - go for the ones with the most umph!

Sniper 100pts
Single Shot 60 pts
Chain Reaction ~100 pts or more
Napalm ~ 120+ if you get the enemy in a deep hole.

I've won a game with over 600 pts in ten shots.

D

Yeah I was figuring that out but hadn't taken the time yet to decide which weapons were the most powerful. My favorites are like the gopher and napalm. The ones that it's hard to miss with.

Wardofsky
May 30, 2003, 07:30 AM
I haven't tested it yet but this reminds me of Think Tanks.

I haven't got time to get the direct link, sorry.