Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I don't understand why the photography world is so rife with these scam operations. Or maybe it's just the same three people running all these sites (many of them actually are run by the same small group of people, although I'm not sure if this site is one of them).

Dandaman

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2004
soCal
pretty fun reading those reseller ratings on this website. I would say that it IS too good to be true. Avoid them.

daniel

ForeverUnknown

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2006
Pretty much when you have you ask yourself if it's too good to be true then it probably is. It's sad to see people fall for their "deals" and then have to deal with the hassle and frustration with the "company".

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
I was considering buying a Rebel XT, but is this TOO good to be true? I think so.....
http://www.expresscameras.com/prodetails.asp?prodid=306293&start=1

The rule with this company seems to be: They advertise stuff at half the price that anyone else charges. After you order, it is not in stock. What they have in stock costs twice as much as anyone else charges. When you buy and pay for expensive lenses, you get cheap ones that are worth one tenth. Reading the reviews, "liars" is one of the more polite descriptions for their sales people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.