PDA

View Full Version : Macworld in Boston anymore?

macgeek77
Jan 17, 2007, 10:10 AM
Is Macworld ever going to be in Boston again?

Zwhaler
Jan 19, 2007, 05:27 PM
Nobody knows. We will likely know when Steve plans next years Macworld. If it is at SF, there is a good chance it will always be at SF.

emptyCup
Jan 19, 2007, 07:22 PM
Nobody knows. We will likely know when Steve plans next years Macworld. If it is at SF, there is a good chance it will always be at SF.

Apple doesn't put on Macworld. There used to be two Macworlds, one in SF in Jan. and another on the East Coast in the summer. The Boston show disappeared a few years after Apple stopped going to that one. The WWDC is now Apple's summer event.

Zwhaler
Jan 19, 2007, 08:35 PM
Hmm. Thank you for enlightening me, since I have no clue what I'm talking about :) Well we will see in the coming years...

bousozoku
Jan 19, 2007, 09:10 PM
Apple doesn't put on Macworld. There used to be two Macworlds, one in SF in Jan. and another on the East Coast in the summer. The Boston show disappeared a few years after Apple stopped going to that one. The WWDC is now Apple's summer event.

More precisely, the Boston show moved to New York City. After September 11, 2001, they people behind the show wanted to move it back to Boston and Apple refused to participate for some reason.

Macintosh Sauce
Jan 19, 2007, 10:25 PM
I went to the last Macworld in Boston when Mac OS 8 was released. It was a fun time!

wdlove
Mar 18, 2007, 09:30 PM
I don't think that there will be another MacWorld Boston. The attendance was very low at the last one that we had in Boston. Of course it would make me happy. Just don't think that the MacWorld Organizers will ever try again.

AvSRoCkCO1067
Mar 18, 2007, 09:36 PM

Next year's MacWorld is already set. It's a week later than this year's - but it's in the same place (Moscone West, SF).

johnmartin78
Mar 18, 2007, 11:48 PM
Is Macworld ever going to be in Boston again?

I think the Department of Homeland Security thought the Macworld in Boston was a Terrorist Attack and shut it down......

I kid I kid.. :)