PDA

View Full Version : Best Scene in Matrix Reloaded?

yzeater
May 15, 2003, 11:06 PM
Even if some people (me) thought the plot was week, there were still some amazing scenes. What was your favorite?
Mine was when the twins flip the Escalade and Morpheus blows it up

job
May 15, 2003, 11:15 PM
I liked it when Neo fought the Oracle's bodyguard.

Mal
May 16, 2003, 12:23 AM
I liked the whole highway chase, but particulary the part where the two trucks collided and Neo flies in and grabs Morpheus and the Keymaker.

JW

hugemullens
May 16, 2003, 02:33 AM
Its gotta be the scene when he meets the architect of the matrix. That was just a little too wierd the way it turns out. The highway chase was pretty damn awesome too.

lmalave
May 16, 2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by skywalker
I liked the whole highway chase, but particulary the part where the two trucks collided and Neo flies in and grabs Morpheus and the Keymaker.

JW

I second that!!!

peterjhill
May 16, 2003, 08:53 AM
I thought the celebration scene (aka rave scene) was the best filmed and edited scene. Maybe that is because I used to be a "club kid" in the 90s. The energy and tesion that they drew out of the film was amazing.

As for effects scenes, blowing up the twins was great, go Morpheus, he never fails to show that he is a badass! The whole highway scene was littered with cool little shots. How about Morpheus' shoes, red snakeskin!, and when he almost falls off the back of the truck, and Jada coming to save him.

Sol
May 16, 2003, 09:22 AM
For me the most amusing scene was the one in the restaurant when the French guy gave his monologue about causality.

The most impressive scene was Neo's flight to rescue Trinity. This was a great display of power by Neo and the suspense of Trinity's fate was killing me while I watched it.

dabirdwell
May 16, 2003, 09:48 AM
The pipe fight

Mudbug
May 16, 2003, 11:19 PM
meeting the architect - with Neo acting out in 1000's of variations, zooming in, and still being in the main frame.

GeneR
May 16, 2003, 11:45 PM
The ending credits were really awesome in my opinion. Best part of the...

No, wait, I haven't seen it yet! Dang! :D

But I will tomorrow! heh heh heh

patrick0brien
May 16, 2003, 11:53 PM
-The Sentinel Shocker at the end.

Whooda thought!

Eeerily reminiscent of the Wakeup Shocker in the first film.

They still have the touch...

scem0
May 17, 2003, 12:23 AM
The whole fight scene when finding the keymaker, and then the car chase after that. Great sequence.

Thanatoast
May 17, 2003, 12:40 AM
I would have to say the highway chase scene, specifically when Trinity and the Keymaker were on the motorcycle. ::Pained voice:: ooh! ah! ee! jeezus! ::Pained voice::

Best line goes to the french guy. "Cursing in french, it's like wiping your ass with silk, I love it."

GeeYouEye
May 17, 2003, 01:03 AM
Lotsa good ones, but I'd have to say the trucks colliding and exploding while Neo flies in and rescues Morpheus and the Keymaker. The Neo vs. 100 agent Smiths was good too.

vniow
May 17, 2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Thanatoast
Best line goes to the french guy. "Cursing in french, it's like wiping your ass with silk, I love it."

Classic, wow.

shadowfax
May 17, 2003, 01:39 AM
just saw it... i'll take up with job. that scene with the oracle's guard was really well-placed. very humorous and cool.

scem0
May 17, 2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Thanatoast

ahhhhh i forgot about this. Yes that was great. :) :D

Rajj
May 17, 2003, 09:43 AM
I liked the highway scene also.
Did anyone stay pass the credits to see the Revolutions trailer?
The damn credits was about 10~15 mins long!!!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

zed
May 17, 2003, 10:34 AM
I liked Neo's flying scene at the end the best. The cars and glass whirling around him was just awesome :cool:

vollspacken
May 18, 2003, 02:21 PM
my favorite:
car chase and morpheus using the katana to disable the twins' car!!!

sturm375
May 18, 2003, 08:07 PM
I'd have to go with the flying at the end as well.

Rower_CPU
May 18, 2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Rajj
I liked the highway scene also.
Did anyone stay pass the credits to see the Revolutions trailer?
The damn credits was about 10~15 mins long!!!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Damn, I didn't know about that. I'll have to stay and watch next time.

I just saw it today, and there are so many that stand out. I thought Neo reaching into Trinity and restarting her heart was pretty badass...

andrewlandry
May 18, 2003, 08:21 PM
the scene w/neo vs. the agent smiths.

Kid Red
May 18, 2003, 08:43 PM
The highway scene but particularly the part where Morpheus stands with his sword and swipes at the 4x4 with the twins in it as it then rolls over and with the camera behind morpheus as he nails the car with the mac 10. Then the car explodes and the graphics for all that with the twins swarmed in flames was awesome. Great storytelling.

GeneR
May 19, 2003, 01:02 AM
Earlier in the thread, I said the credits were the best scene as a joke. Then I went to go see it and realized that there was that sneak peak of REVOLUTIONS after the credits. I was stunned.

So, now my favorite scenes had to be any with Monica Belucci in it. heh! :D

marcsiry
May 19, 2003, 01:40 AM
As a biker who cut his teeth on the LA Freeways, I'd have to say the most exciting, hair-raising, butt-clenching scene was defintely Trinity lane-splitting in reverse on the Ducati.

A little too much like real life for my tastes :D

dreamlance
May 19, 2003, 01:31 PM
"Cursing in French is like wiping your ass with silk" definitely wins best line. Best scene gets split between Morpheus blowing up the twins' SUV and Neo shocking the squids at the end (WTF?!). All that superman-flying-in-and-saving-people stuff got a little too close to being overused in Hollywood, like they ran out of ways to save people.

eyelikeart
May 19, 2003, 01:34 PM
I'm going with the sex scene, but not for the obvious reasoning. They kept cutting to the group of people, dancing to the music, moving together. There was something so graceful about it, so sensual, tribalistic. Combined with the music, I thought it was a beautifully shot scene. ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 19, 2003, 02:35 PM
The highway scene was amazing, all of it well done.

The funiest scene was the keymaker pulling out the key for the Ducati after Trinity asks for the hotwiring a motorcycle download....

I do like the Merovingian's line about cursing in French ;)

D

eyelikeart
May 19, 2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson

The funiest scene was the keymaker pulling out the key for the Ducati after Trinity asks for the hotwiring a motorcycle download....

he he...yeah that was a good one... :D

taeclee99
May 19, 2003, 11:09 PM
This one with Monica Belluci...the "real" mother of the matrix.