Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hugoreynolds

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
Can you guide me on how to embed a video like quicktime/flash into my site and have a fancy framing around it, like the stuff you see on official movie sites......they have their trailer playing but it's not just the usual video player sitting there, it has surrounding it some kind of decoration to make it blend into the page better....eg: a film set in the 60's will have the trailer playing inside an old style tv set.

hope someone out there knows what the hell im talking about !

thanks for reading
h

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
You would just do it the way you design a page around anything else. It isn't any different than designing around an image.

hugoreynolds

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
how would you do it, as i have no clue on this kind of stuff. can you show me how you would put an image around an embedded video on a web page ?

show me how to make my embedded video trailer play as if it was framed by a window frame and curtains that slightly intrude on the actual video box.

thanks for any help....

h

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
how would you do it, as i have no clue on this kind of stuff. can you show me how you would put an image around an embedded video on a web page ?

show me how to make my embedded video trailer play as if it was framed by a window frame and curtains that slightly intrude on the actual video box.

thanks for any help....

h

Just make a table, then slice your picture into pieces that fit into the table around the video, then use "embed" html to embed the video. If you have Fireworks, the slicing process is automatic.

noelister

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2005
I would maybe try doing this with CSS.

Just create a div for the embedded content, from there I would just use CSS to set the frame picture as the background. You may need to tinker with the padding property to make the background image appear as if it is a frame. This may prevent the use of tables. Which is frowned upon now of days.

hugoreynolds

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
thanks people, your suggestions have certainly helped me. would these methods allow me to have those curtains actually drape over the content of the video slightly, on the left and right sides or would that require more complex stuff ?

thanks

jsm4182

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2006
Beacon, NY
thanks people, your suggestions have certainly helped me. would these methods allow me to have those curtains actually drape over the content of the video slightly, on the left and right sides or would that require more complex stuff ?

thanks

That should be fairly simple if you know css. You can use positioning and create the curtains as a gif, or png if thats ok for your audience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.