PDA

View Full Version : Stud-licious Wallpaper

celaurie
May 16, 2003, 04:25 AM
By popular demand, over on the gay channel here's the thread to ogle and muse studly men for your desktop! :rolleyes:

celaurie
May 16, 2003, 04:35 AM
Duh, forgot to attach the pic... :p

[mod edit]
uh, next time a little use of the crop tool to make the image a little more pg13
[/mod edit]

hugemullens
May 16, 2003, 04:37 AM
I soooooooooooo did not need to see that.

Zaid
May 16, 2003, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by hugemullens
I soooooooooooo did not need to see that.

Yeh i'd imagine how that pic would make many men feel inferior :p

eyelikeart
May 16, 2003, 07:45 AM
I can just feel this thread going down the drain...

celaurie
May 16, 2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by celaurie
Duh, forgot to attach the pic... :p

[mod edit]
uh, next time a little use of the crop tool to make the image a little more pg13
[/mod edit]

I don't believe this! You go over to the babe-licious wall paper thread and there's t*ts n' ass all over the place...

The picture I posted was edited low enough as not offend, rather leave the rest to the imagination.

I would like to know exactly what the problem with my post was.

Chris

Mr. Anderson
May 16, 2003, 10:40 AM
The picture I posted was edited low enough as not offend, rather leave the rest to the imagination.

I would like to know exactly what the problem with my post was.

there was more there than just what you're saying. You didn't need *all* of your imagination to fill it in.

Take a look at the pic you have again and you'll have to agree that it needed to be cropped a bit.

If you want to discuss this further, PM me.

D

jelloshotsrule
May 16, 2003, 10:49 AM
forgive the rest of us guys... but seeing half naked men gross us out in general. as opposed to (i think, this is just conjecture), gay men who aren't "grossed out" per se by seeing half naked women..

that said, it's my opinion that if nearly naked women can be posted, the only reason nearly naked men can't be is because the bulk of the people here are straight men and enjoy their hypocrisy.

personally, i'd just stay out of the thread if i didn't want to see the dong bulge. which now implies that i do... ha.

for the record, i didn't see the pic in question. so i can't really judge on that particular edit.

celaurie
May 16, 2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
forgive the rest of us guys... but seeing half naked men gross us out in general. as opposed to (i think, this is just conjecture), gay men who aren't "grossed out" per se by seeing half naked women..

that said, it's my opinion that if nearly naked women can be posted, the only reason nearly naked men can't be is because the bulk of the people here are straight men and enjoy their hypocrisy.

personally, i'd just stay out of the thread if i didn't want to see the dong bulge. which now implies that i do... ha.

for the record, i didn't see the pic in question. so i can't really judge on that particular edit.

I don't believe this. Suddenly I don't want to be part of this community, where it's okay to be straight and nothing else.

And for the record, the pic I posted did not include some guys dong. Yes, you could see the part where it joined the body and that was it. If you want to judge for yourself mail me and I'll send it over.

jelloshotsrule
May 16, 2003, 10:55 AM
I don't believe this. Suddenly I don't want to be part of this community, where it's okay to be straight and nothing else.

And for the record, the pic I posted did not include some guys dong. Yes, you could see the part where it joined the body and that was it. If you want to judge for yourself mail me and I'll send it over.

i feel i wasn't clear. i thought putting the word "hypocrisy" in there would help.

i agree with you. my point is that the powers that be here are basically straight men. and thus, any images of men as sexual are going to be more heavily censored. i agree that this is hypocritical (some of the women are naked and just barely covered in the other threads)... so, fear not, i'm one straight guy on your side!

celaurie
May 16, 2003, 10:58 AM
i feel i wasn't clear. i thought putting the word "hypocrisy" in there would help.

i agree with you. my point is that the powers that be here are basically straight men. and thus, any images of men as sexual are going to be more heavily censored. i agree that this is hypocritical (some of the women are naked and just barely covered in the other threads)... so, fear not, i'm one straight guy on your side!

As far as I was aware, this was a Mac community. Where we all came together and left predjudices at the door? Where we came to shoot the proverbial and goss the Apple, occasionaly having fun.

I've never been a 'flamer' but right now I feel a bit claustrophobic and I don't like it. Especially in a place I have come to respect for its open mindedness.

Mr. Anderson
May 16, 2003, 11:03 AM
The pic pushed the limit, not being half naked but half exposed - and there have been such picks in previous babe threads that were removed. There is no intent to single out anyone here.

All you had to do was remove the bottom part of the pic and it would have been fine.

D

jelloshotsrule
May 16, 2003, 11:04 AM
As far as I was aware, this was a Mac community. Where we all came together and left predjudices at the door? Where we came to shoot the proverbial and goss the Apple, occasionaly having fun.

I've never been a 'flamer' but right now I feel a bit claustrophobic and I don't like it. Especially in a place I have come to respect for its open mindedness.

i don't think people do it intentionally. as i think most of the people here are good, open minded folks... i'm not sure i can explain it, and i don't really plan to try. no point in making excuses for anyone.

but i don't blame you. just hope you can find enough good here to stick around... :)

eyelikeart
May 16, 2003, 11:08 AM
one thing we all need to keep aware of...

there are many underage people around here...please keep the excessive nature of any images posted to a minimum...

I'm sure arn wouldn't appreciate any angry emails from parents... ;)

jelloshotsrule
May 16, 2003, 11:09 AM
having seen the pic, i could see where it might have been questionable. though i think i've still seen far "worse" in the babe threads...

that said, i think it's less an issue of the pic being edited (just because in this case, i think it was a questionable pic), and more of a question of the "i don't want to see half naked men" posts that you'll probably see plenty of...

but anyhoo, i think you should carry on. don't let us heteros keep you from oggling some hotties. ;)

celaurie
May 16, 2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart

there are many underage people around here...please keep the excessive nature of any images posted to a minimum...

Point taken. I am more than willing to edit my post as suggested in pm's with your esteemed colleague.

However, I say again... Perhaps you need to start casting a harder eye over the Babe-licious forum... for the good of the younger eyes?

jelloshotsrule
May 16, 2003, 11:11 AM

well, you may want to jump over here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24576&perpage=25&pagenumber=3) and start then... one pic the girl is topless and barely covering herself. and the other her outfit is ENTIRELY see through. these are just the only 2 pics i saw in my half minute of looking.... so i'm sure the rest are similar or worse. but, it's a girl... so..... i suppose it's not as questionable.

celaurie
May 16, 2003, 11:13 AM
well, you may want to jump over here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24576&perpage=25&pagenumber=3) and start then... one pic the girl is topless and barely covering herself. and the other her outfit is ENTIRELY see through. these are just the only 2 pics i saw in my half minute of looking.... so i'm sure the rest are similar or worse. but, it's a girl... so..... i suppose it's not as questionable.

Thanks Jim. I wanted a straight guy to point that out...

Mr. Anderson
May 16, 2003, 11:14 AM

Even though they are a bit much, they still don't show anything directly.

All I can say is this is discussion is going to cause guidelines to be handed down from above - so it might all be a moot point.

D

eyelikeart
May 16, 2003, 11:15 AM
wow...I've never stepped foot in that thread...or any of those threads for that matter...

flame me whoever wants to...but I think it's pretty sad...I love women & sex as much as anyone...but come on...

and I would be happy to take action anywhere, but u guys need to report the threads here...

jelloshotsrule
May 16, 2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
Even though they are a bit much, they still don't show anything directly.

All I can say is this is discussion is going to cause guidelines to be handed down from above - so it might all be a moot point.

how so? i see her ass! is that not enough? or rather, too much? my point is, it's so subjective, and while it may be somewhat natural, the editing of the pics is clearly going to have a bias coming from people who think seeing more of a girl is acceptable, while the same of a guy would not be....

eye- you have a good point about reporting... i think the problem is that the straight guys actively don't want to see other men half naked, whereas people interested in men don't mind seeing half naked women nearly as much.. why? because men are gross! haha. no, but really, i don't blame it on the mods really, but more on the people who may have reported anything. because those same people are probably posting actively in the babe thread..

celaurie
May 16, 2003, 11:17 AM
Hopefully this image will be keeping with current guidelines.

celaurie
May 16, 2003, 11:18 AM
how so? i see her ass! is that not enough? or rather, too much? my point is, it's so subjective, and while it may be somewhat natural, the editing of the pics is clearly going to have a bias coming from people who think seeing more of a girl is acceptable, while the same of a guy would not be....

Jim, settle down. Don't get banned... We can't have any fun that way. Let's just agree to disagree... and I'll keep trying to get something 'acceptable' posted.

Mr. Anderson
May 16, 2003, 11:19 AM
Hopefully this image will be keeping with current guidelines.

What exacly are you trying to prove here?

celaurie
May 16, 2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
What exacly are you trying to prove here?

Oh, Gawd. *shakes his head and sighs* That was a joke. An attempt to break the atmosphere...

Mr. Anderson
May 16, 2003, 11:23 AM
i see her ass! is that not enough? or rather, too much? my point is, it's so subjective

True about being subjective - but if a similar post of a female as in the male one celaurie submitted showed up it would have been removed as well with the same instructions - just a little cropping....

This shouldn't be a big deal, ok?

D

jelloshotsrule
May 16, 2003, 11:23 AM
Jim, settle down. Don't get banned... We can't have any fun that way. Let's just agree to disagree... and I'll keep trying to get something 'acceptable' posted.

i won't be banned for that i don't think. i made my point and i'm basically done. in summation

1. the pic in question needed editing/removal based on the pg13 aspect of this site.

2. many pics in the babe thread need to be edited/removed for said reason.

3. straight men won't report half naked women, even if it isn't pg13. they WILL report half naked men (some at least)

4. gay men/straight women (ie, folks who like seeing half naked men) don't generally care enough about half naked women (ie, aren't disgusted) to report it as being objectionable.

so, some sort of objective limit needs to be set. as i'm sure arn will probably do now. unfortunate that it came to that (wasting arn's time), but alas, i think it probably has.

i bid you adieu. :)

peace!

eyelikeart
May 16, 2003, 11:41 AM
I have half a mind to close down both threads and just end this crap...it's going to get ugly... :rolleyes:

celaurie
May 16, 2003, 11:46 AM
I have half a mind to close down both threads and just end this crap...it's going to get ugly... :rolleyes:

You're the mod.

eyelikeart
May 16, 2003, 12:05 PM
You're the mod.

thing is I'm not alone in feeling this way...

sex really holds no ground in a computer user forum...

celaurie
May 16, 2003, 12:06 PM
thing is I'm not alone in feeling this way...

sex really holds no ground in a computer user forum...

Dude, I never once said it did.

Rower_CPU
May 16, 2003, 12:13 PM
Sorry this got out of hand, everyone. Both threads are being shut down.