Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macmaniac

macrumors 68040
Original poster
This may sound a trifle odd, but listen to this. I was watching TV and low and behold a Compaq commercial appears. "This computer is hot, its got a P4, CD burner, and 15in moniter for only $799", sounds normal right? WRONG heres some more, "These computers have power to BURN!" Wow! Look a flaming compaq, very interesting slogan. Their should be a legal disclaimer: Operating this computer may be hazerdous to your health due to the tendancy for the computer to suddenly catch fire, you should have a fire extinguisher handy at all times, especially when turning on windows.

I'm sorry if I'm getting carried away over nothing, but hey I like to get carried away.:) :D ;) :p :cool: :rolleyes:

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
Re: Compaq Comercials: Burning Computers

Originally posted by Macmaniac
This may sound a trifle odd, but listen to this. I was watching TV and low and behold a Compaq commercial appears. "This computer is hot, its got a P4, CD burner, and 15in moniter for only $799", sounds normal right? WRONG heres some more, "These computers have power to BURN!"

well apple used to use "the power to to burn: cds, dvds, and pentiums"

that was the first macworld i was able to watch it live!! (oh those were the days...)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.