PDA

View Full Version : 34 Orders per minute following the Keynote, 60% or so Apple TV Orders

Chiggs
Jan 17, 2007, 09:08 PM
Thought you might find this interesting...

A few hours after Steve's keynote finished last week, the Apple Store was taking orders at the rate of approximately 34 per minute or more than 2,000 per hour. I know this because I placed two orders (one for the Apple TV and the second for the new Airport) and ended up talking to an Apple rep when I placed the second order.

My two orders were 47 minutes apart and in that time, Apple had taken 1592 orders. I think that's pretty impressive considering they didn't introduce new iPods or Systems.

When I spoke to the Apple Rep, I asked him how the Apple TV was selling. He told me that at least 60% of the orders they were taking were for this new product. That would be about 15,000 to 18,000 Apple TV's per day through this one channel alone. If these numbers are even close to accurate, it would point to another hit product for Apple. This seems to besu pported by the fact that the Apple TV is now Apple's #1 selling product according to their website.

Does anyone else have any other data points to add to this? It would be interesting to see what the order rate was like now that a week has passed since the keynote.

If you're interested, you can read the full details on my blog...

http://torants.blogspot.com/2007/01/34-apple-store-orders-per-minute.html