PDA

View Full Version : Nano 1G scratching -- was it ever fixed?

scott182
Jan 18, 2007, 02:50 PM
I'm thinking about getting a refurbished first generation iPod Nano (2 GB) from the Apple Store for $99. Was the scratching problem ever fixed on the first-gen Nanos, or did Apple just put that off until coming out with the 2nd-gen model? If the scratching wasn't fixed, is it even worth $99?

nitynate
Jan 18, 2007, 03:11 PM
I'm thinking about getting a refurbished first generation iPod Nano (2 GB) from the Apple Store for $99. Was the scratching problem ever fixed on the first-gen Nanos, or did Apple just put that off until coming out with the 2nd-gen model? If the scratching wasn't fixed, is it even worth $99?
Just pay fifty more dollars and get the new one! :D

Camui
Jan 18, 2007, 07:46 PM
The fix was the 2nd Gen. iPod Model and Generation Differences (http://guides.macrumors.com/iPod_Model_and_Generation_Differences#Mid-size_iPods)

1rottenapple
Jan 18, 2007, 11:52 PM
Nope wasn't fixed. Its the clear plastic material they use, though the scratching is much more evident in the black models since they stand out more. Honestly, I had a black 30gig that was protective since you can view videos. I didn't put one on my 4 gig nano.. Its pretty beat up now but I honestly don't care. That thing goes everywhere with me and damn it shows! :D