PDA

View Full Version : iPod sale

jxyama
May 16, 2003, 02:38 PM
If you are a student looking for an iPod, make sure to check your university computer store to see if they have older iPods on sale...

U. of Michigan has older 20gb iPods for $225!

(I just got my new 10gb last night, but no regrets... I really like the form factor of the new iPods. The only thing I wish it had included is the remote... Capacity is not an issue for me because I've ripped about half of my CDs but that was just 2.5 gb...)

yzedf
May 16, 2003, 02:49 PM
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/71606/wo/lP6G9LBRj1zf20ww15n1gIbd0ii/2.3.0.5.8

jxyama
May 16, 2003, 03:20 PM
Yeah, I'm deciding on that remote... I don't really need two ear buds, though. I just wish it was included in the 10 gb. I don't have a desk so I didn't care much for the dock and I didn't like the case included with 15/30 gb. I just wanted the remote... (I know, I know, it's so people would drop $100 more to get the 15 gb instead of the 10 gb...) I'm not really complaining... it's a technological marvel to behold. With my 12" PB I got back in Feb., I now have bought two of the absolutely coolest toys I've ever owned in my life (except maybe PS2 a few years ago) within half a year. :D

I think I will wait until different cases come out for the new iPod. I have to decide whether to buy a case that covers the whole iPod - in which case, I'd need a remote - or a form-fitting case with openings for the buttons.

MacFan25
May 16, 2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by jxyama
I have to decide whether to buy a case that covers the whole iPod - in which case, I'd need a remote - or a form-fitting case with openings for the buttons.
Yeah, I would like to get a form-fitting case for my iPod. But, I dont really have a need for a remote. The dock would be nice, though.

sparks9
May 16, 2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by jxyama
Yeah, I'm deciding on that remote... I don't really need two ear buds, though. I just wish it was included in the 10 gb. I don't have a desk so I didn't care much for the dock

You don't have a desk? Poor you. Ithink you should have bought a desk instead of an iPod, eveybody needs a desk.

jxyama
May 17, 2003, 01:23 AM
Well, I do have a desk... It's a very small one and I share it with my gf so I'd rather not take up the desk space with an iPod dock. I already have several other things cluttering my bedside table: PDA charger, cell phone charger, PB power adapter, etc.

So, yes, I do have some form of a desk but not a "permanent" desk where I'd put the dock at.

[edit for spelling]

iMook
May 18, 2003, 02:53 PM
jxyama:

Where on campus did you find these cheapo 'Pods?
I'm in the market for a new 15gb-30gb, but I might just pick up a $225 20gb

jxyama
May 18, 2003, 06:10 PM
The sale I was referring to is from the University of Michigan Computer Showcase. It's only available for U of M affiliates...

I was just suggesting that if you are at a university, there's a chance similar deals could be found at other university computer vendors...

iMook
May 19, 2003, 09:06 AM
affiliates... does that include students?

Edit: I'm a student, which is why I'm asking.

jxyama
May 19, 2003, 12:47 PM
Yes... affiliates include students... University of Michigan students.

iMook
May 20, 2003, 07:39 AM
ah, sweetness.
thanks.

wallinbl
May 20, 2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by sparks9
You don't have a desk? Poor you. Ithink you should have bought a desk instead of an iPod, eveybody needs a desk.

Hmm. I'm getting rid of my desk once my PowerBook arrives. I've got two PCs on a KVM switch at the desk, and I'm tired of having it. I'd rather just use the computer where I feel like using it.