PDA

View Full Version : Screen on 17" Powerbook

nef919
May 16, 2003, 03:12 PM
I just picked up a 17" powerbook 2 days ago to replace my stolen 15" TiBook. Although I had some reservations about it's size, now I wonder how I ever got along with a smaller screen. My only problem with the machine is it seems that the screen is sorta loose. What I mean is the screen travels rather freely with the smallest nudge. On the other hand the iBook I gave my mother had more resistance in the screen travel. Is this normal? Can I adjust this somehow? I don't like the feel. I would prefer to have more resistance. Something along the lines of the TiBook.

jacobj
May 16, 2003, 04:12 PM
I'm writing this on a 17" and I have to admit that when I first got the thing I thought the screen was a little too lose for my liking I quickly got used to it and now I wonder how I got by with the iBook screen. A friend has the 15" and although it is good I can see no advantages over this one. When you stop moving it about like an iBook or a Ti and treat it like a 17" you'll get used to it... give it time... this machine is just amazing....

shakespeare
May 16, 2003, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I have a 17-inch PowerBook too. The only thing I miss about my 15-inch PowerBook, which died, is that I could use that one while reclining. The 15-inch would open up almost to 180 degrees so that I could put it on my leg. This one doesn't open so far, and at an angle, gravity closes the screen. But I've gotten used to it; it just demands that I sit differently.

nef919
May 16, 2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by shakespeare
Yeah, I have a 17-inch PowerBook too. The only thing I miss about my 15-inch PowerBook, which died, is that I could use that one while reclining. The 15-inch would open up almost to 180 degrees so that I could put it on my leg. This one doesn't open so far, and at an angle, gravity closes the screen. But I've gotten used to it; it just demands that I sit differently.

I do most of my work reclined. I spent years gradually arranging my surroundings to make this work for me. Kinda sucks that the sweetest machine I own is going to force me to readapt.

tazo
May 16, 2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by shakespeare

mac users are so devout lol :)