PDA

View Full Version : apple launch mobile pda/ipod - i wish

jacobj
May 16, 2003, 04:19 PM
we all talk about the same things here. Can we not pursaude apple to launch a portable ipod with gaming/pda/hard drive/phone built in... I worry about them. OK, so they're ahead of the game now, but the latest ipod must be here for a while and both Nokia and, more importantly, Sony are releasing phones with PDA, gaming and PDAs in, plus these things play MP3...OK, they're no iPods but it won't be long.
Apple needs to think hard, but not long, about this and get with it....I'd hate to see Apple fall behind. We all know that when they do it, they'll do it better than all the others but I don't want to have to go to Sony whilst I wait...I want an Apple that does it and I want it soon...

Am I the only one?

iBookman
May 16, 2003, 04:25 PM
I would love to see Apple release a PDA. And i think it could be as soon as this summer. I seriously doubt that it will have mp3 capabilities because they don't want it to compete with the iPod. And it would be a brand new product and not a modified iPod.

jacobj
May 17, 2003, 02:14 AM
But are they falling behind. I know that the Mp3/PDAs out theredon't have the capacity of the iPod but it won't be long. If apple launch a PDA soon then at least they'll be in a better situation that they are at the moment.

I just think they need to think about the market. It is obviiusly where the consumers want to go and as much as I love the hardware that they do make, I'd rather have an all in one device that I can slip in a jacket pocket rather than weighing myself down and looking a little over bloated. Either that or I have to carry a bag everywhere and sometimes I don't want to.