PDA

View Full Version : 17" Pb - Crap Machines - Reason To Hate Apple

Heart Break Kid
May 17, 2003, 01:08 AM
Can you smell that? Yes. I can too. Its bull ****. What did Apple do to deserve me stating they smell like bull ****? Nothing. They didn't do a damn thing. The bull **** smell isnt coming from Apple, it's coming from the title of my thread.

Yes thats right, I dont hate Apple. I just wanted to see how many people would actually read this before flaming me. Actually this is just to state how much I love Apple. I love them this much *holds hands as far appart as possible*.

Why that much love? Well, for every inch of screen real estate apple gave me on my new Power Book I love them 10 inches more. So I love apple 170 inches.

What the hell am I blabbing about? I dont know. I just fall in love with my screen everytime I open it. It is art, and like any true masterpiece it takes some time to truly find a place in your heart. Yes, I was in love with it during the 2 months I waited for it to get to my house, and I even loved it when I got it, but only now do i really feel that love.

Yes, my Powerbook is a work of art. It's a Monet where wintel's are fingerpaintings by KG kids. Its Mozart where my friends wintel machines are the high school marching band. It is perfect.

So, if you were wondering what the hell the point of this was? there was no real point. I just wanted to type something, to express (which I doubt I have) clearly, what it feels to own a 17" PB.

And to end this strange post - I would like to leave you with a quote that may help explain the feeling I have tried to convey.

*sung to the tune of the smurfs theme song*

"La la la la la la, la la la la la. La la la la la la, la la la la la. * (repeat continuously)

- the feelling is just pure happiness

mim
May 17, 2003, 02:06 AM
Someone's been licking their lcd screen too much....

mnkeybsness
May 17, 2003, 02:34 AM
don't post thread topics that are not the topic of the thread...it's really annoying...makes me wish i was a moderator and could trash this thread.

Grokgod
May 17, 2003, 02:48 AM
Love makes people do strange things!

But this strange is reserved for stalking@

MacBandit
May 17, 2003, 03:00 AM
Not only is the premise of posting an off topic title idiotic but you posted in the wrong forum this is not a Software Discussion.

Forgot to say congratulations. I'm glad to know you like your Powerbook. Just don't let the screen stick to the keyboard.:p

maradong
May 17, 2003, 03:01 AM
anyway, even if this topic is not matching the topic title.
I m glad ot hear that your powerbook is making somebody ( namely you ) happy :D

billyboy
May 17, 2003, 05:39 AM
What a poet! That possibly explains why you overlooked the technical side of which forum to post on. :)

Glad to hear you like your machine so much.

hvfsl
May 17, 2003, 07:12 AM
Well I have a problem with the 17in PowerBook even if the person who started this thread didn't. It comes with a rubbish graphics card. It can barely play UT2003, so I expect it won't even be able to touch Doom 3.

Edit: Well I just have to make my position clear, Ut2003 is not unplayable on the 17in powerbook. It is just that i am used to PCs and you can get PC laptop with a Geforce 4Ti M that is much faster at games. But other than that the 17in Powerbook is a great laptop. It was just this thread was about problems with the powerbook so I added mine.

edesignuk
May 17, 2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by hvfsl
Well I have a problem with the 17in PowerBook even if the person who started this thread didn't. It comes with a rubbish graphics card. It can barely play UT2003, so I expect it won't even be able to touch Doom 3. So a 64Mb GF4 in a laptop is crap? I'd say that's pretty damn good for a laptop as it happens, if you wanted a serious gaming machine (UT2003, DoomIII r complex detailed games) why did u get a laptop, a PowerMac would have fitted you better.

Anyway, Heart Break Kid, I'm glad you're pleased with your 17" PB even if others aren't :) ...your post made me laugh! So did peoples responses...lighten up guys! :D

garzy
May 17, 2003, 08:05 AM
dude, this is a ****ing idiotic thread

macmax
May 17, 2003, 08:35 AM
love might make u do idiotic things, but i am in love with my macs too, so i second you.

Groovsonic
May 17, 2003, 09:57 AM
I have to kind of agree with you!

I am kind of in love with my iMac. It sounds silly. I had a gateway before, and the best feeling I ever toward that was a quiet appreciation, but that dissapeared when everything started going bad. When we got the iMac about 9 months ago, (when I talked my family into buying the "17 iMac, I don't even know why I did it. We had never owned a mac before, I hadn't used one in like 10 years, I didn't really know anything about them, they sort of beckoned me, and luckily there was an apple store nearby...) I became very attached right away. I come home each day from work, and I want to give it a big hug. I have friends with fast(er) PCs, that can play the latest games and stuff, but none of them are attached to their computers they way I am. That is one of my favorite parts about owning a mac. I am part of a small community of people that "gets it".
I mentioned to a friend about iTunes mabye coming out for windows. He said "oh, I like winamp just fine." To me that just shows me he dosent get it. Then I thought about it and don't think apple shoud put out an iTunes for windows. It wont integrate into the computer like it does on a mac. The PC people won't "get it".
It seems to me that people that don't like macs all have some silly horror story that made them not want to use macs.

"Well, back in 1996, I put a disk into the mac at work, and I couldn't figure out how to eject it. I wasted 20 minutes trying to get it out."

"we had mac classics back in school, and they were so slow. I hate macs"

Whatever.... Those people will probably never "get it". Its good to be here with a gropu of people who do.

QCassidy352
May 17, 2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by mim
Someone's been licking their lcd screen too much....

this made me laugh. :D

Groovsonic
May 17, 2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by hvfsl
Well I have a problem with the 17in PowerBook even if the person who started this thread didn't. It comes with a rubbish graphics card. It can barely play UT2003, so I expect it won't even be able to touch Doom 3.

I am not going to jump all over you for this one, but I have a 800mhz "17 FP iMac, and I can play UT2003 just fine. Granted, I had to turn down a few details, but not all of them, and it plays pretty well. Also, I have 200 less mhz, at least 256mb less ram, and half of the video memory that you do. Is there something wrong with your computer? If you can barely play UT2003, mabye you should have it looked at or something.