Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
As much as I hate UMG and Sony Music (and all other major labels) Hahahahahahahahaha.

I see the Zune dying a death in the next 18 months.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Geez, you'd think all that money that Microsoft was paying Universal would have given them a lot of power, but not to be had by them.

It's still interesting to see that many of the files could be transferred.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Universal is holding out for a bigger cut, and Sony wants a cut just like Universal. I guess it wasn't such a no-brainer for Apple to give the same deal to every label, contrary to the bitching and moaning from some of their CEOs.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
As much as I hate UMG and Sony Music (and all other major labels) Hahahahahahahahaha.

I see the Zune dying a death in the next 18 months.

I agree, people won't trust it if this major feature doesn't work properly.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
This is the best iPod killer yet.

LOL I see your point, but generally... I'm still going to call this a Bad Thing™.

The reason is that any persistence of individualized rules for use of protected digital media, that differ from label to label, or artist to artist, is going to stagnate the medium. And even if the iPod has no such difference, it casts a specter on digital purchasing... which I, at least, support and want to see succeed.

Also it sets a precedent in future negotiations with Apple and other non-sucky providers. :D :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.