PDA

View Full Version : managing iPod manually

shanner
Jan 20, 2007, 06:24 AM
Hi, sorry if this is an old enquirey, but I couldn't find it with a search.

Basically my 30gb iPod is full and so I want to just fill it with the 30 GBs of the music I like from my iTunes Library. The only way I can see how to do this however is to select my iPod in iTunes, then 'Music', then 'Sync music' and 'selected playlists', making playlists of the 30 odd GB of music I want to be on the iPod... but there must be a better way, is there?

Thank you!

iW00t
Jan 20, 2007, 06:25 AM
Urgh, there was this app that was featured on MacAppADay that does exactly this but I forgot its name :(

bartelby
Jan 20, 2007, 06:27 AM
You could choose to manage the iPod Manually. Then delete the tracks you don't want form the iPod, then drag the new tracks on to it.

shanner
Jan 20, 2007, 06:34 AM
... simple as that. Thanks a lot guys, I thought I HAD clicked 'manually manage'. Sorted.

MacAnkka
Jan 20, 2007, 11:38 AM
Seeing that the original question was answered, I hope no-one will mind if I ask my own question related to managing iPod manually.

If I have my 2G iPod Nano 2gb on manual mode, is there any way to transfer ratings and playtimes from the iPod back to the iTunes? I like to rate the songs with the iPod, but if the iPod is on manual mode, it doesn't automatically sync the ratings and playtimes with my iTunes library when I plug it to my MacBook.

To sync ratings/playtimes, I have to use automatic syncing, which I don't like.

Any help would be very much appreciated.