PDA

View Full Version : I just graduated!

shakespeare
May 17, 2003, 12:13 PM
I know this is kind of a useless thread, and I don't mean to bug you guys, but I'm elated; I've just been given a B.A. in English. Thought you might like to celebrate with me!

Now off to med school in Dublin, Ireland! I'm going there for a couple weeks to find a place, and stuff. If someone wants to email me Apple news periodically while I'm gone, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

celaurie
May 17, 2003, 12:21 PM
Congratulations matey! Glad to see at least one of us around here has something of an education! :)

iGav
May 17, 2003, 01:42 PM
I remember graduating...

I don't remember much of that evening though.... heh-heh

Dublin.... wicked.... hope you've got a good housing budget though! :p

Oh congrats by the way.... ;)

I remember graduating... :p

MacFan25
May 17, 2003, 02:54 PM
Congratulations, shakespeare! Good Luck with your med school! :)

wdlove
May 17, 2003, 03:01 PM
Congratulations, shakespeare! ;) I don't blame you for the thread, graduating with a BA is something for which you can be proud. Congratulations also on your acceptance into medical school, that is more than half way! How did you happen to apply to apply to medical school in Ireland? Both my wife and I are RN's. My father-in-law is a physician, he graduated from Ohio State.

e-coli
May 17, 2003, 03:19 PM
My advice to you, start drinking heavily.

:D ;)

shakespeare
May 17, 2003, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the congratulations, guys, and let me tell you, I did drink pretty heavily. (That I can still type is a testament to my high tolerance.) Won't make a habit of it, though! :D ;)

At first, I'd planned on going to Columbia U, but I'm heading to Ireland because my girlfriend's moving there, and I really don't want to break things off - it's bliss. But, except for the next few weeks, I won't be in Ireland for a year or so - I got a job waiting tables for a while (to relax from school, and to get a head start on tuition/housing). But before too long: Trinity, here I come!

I'll start posting again when I get back home in June! See you all then!

scem0
May 17, 2003, 11:08 PM
I went to my aunts graduation from nursing school earlier today.

Congrats. :)

wdlove
May 18, 2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by scem0
I went to my aunts graduation from nursing school earlier today.

Congrats. :)

That is great scem0! We need more nurses, because of a shortage. With the Baby Boom Generation aging the shortage is going to become more acute! ;)

iGav
May 19, 2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by shakespeare
Thanks for the congratulations, guys, and let me tell you, I did drink pretty heavily. (That I can still type is a testament to my high tolerance.) Won't make a habit of it, though! :D ;)

You just wait till the first year.... heh-heh :p :p :p

caveman_uk
May 19, 2003, 09:27 AM
Congratulations....have a few pints o'black for me!:D

vollspacken
May 19, 2003, 05:29 PM
congrats from me and goot luck whatever you'll do...

I'll graduate on sunday with a B.A. in political science :)

vSpacken

jefhatfield
May 19, 2003, 06:40 PM
relax and enjoy the time off

...any grad or doctorate level education is sure to be much harder than the 4 years you finished already, so have a good holiday...you may not see your next one in four or more years;)

mactastic
May 21, 2003, 01:12 PM
Congratulations! Good job on gettin into med school too. I graduate in about 4 weeks myself. Lookin for a job as soon as I spend a week or so on my can on the beach here. Gonna be nice to be able to make some money learning instead of payin for it!

pinks
May 21, 2003, 02:36 PM
Congrats on the degree and the choice of Uni - Trinity has a great reputation and should be considerably cheaper than any US medical school!?

Dublin, itself, though is a pricey city, but you will get to use Euros... you lucky thing!

- pinks