PDA

View Full Version : When cometh TV shows for UK iTMS users?

netdog
Jan 21, 2007, 05:52 AM
Not much point in buying an :apple: TV here at the moment. Any idea when this will change? Would love to disconnect Sky.

Chundles
Jan 21, 2007, 05:58 AM
Next Tuesday...

Not really, nobody knows.

R.Youden
Jan 21, 2007, 06:23 AM
I think that the way Apple treats non-American customes (you mean there are other places in the world apart from America :eek: ) is very poor.

We need iTunes TV shows and Film downloads. I would love to watch 24 and buy them all without hesitation but I can't justify the cost of Sky. How long have the US had TV shows now, a year? I know they have had films since October at least so isn't it about time we got some.

BTW who has the biggest Apple store in the world? ;)

netdog
Jan 21, 2007, 06:52 AM
Here in the UK, we are also missing most of the CDs recorded exclusively for iTunes by various artists. We have a handful but I was shocked to see how many the American store had that we lacked. This is really cr@p. (hope that isn't a violation)

OllyW
Jan 21, 2007, 07:01 AM
Not much point in buying an :apple: TV here at the moment.

I have to agree with that. I took a look in iTunes to see what video files I had which the :apple: TV would play. I've only got 3 videos in iTunes and one of those is the Keynote video podcast from MWSF. :)

BoyBach
Jan 21, 2007, 07:14 AM
With the 'reduction' (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6274851.stm) in the BBC's licence fee, could we soon see some BBC content on iTunes?

It's probably against their Charter, but the BBC is going to have to explore all available avenues to increase their income with the Freeview roll-out and so on.

I agree with you about the :apple:tv though. No content = no point in the UK.

Dagless
Jan 21, 2007, 07:23 AM
I think I read a whitepaper from the BBC once that spoke about reaching out to non-TV owners. Pretty much saying they'll be jumping into TV downloads (this was 2 years ago mind).

iTunes would be a fantastic platform for them. We'd probably have to pay license fee's but perhaps even get free TV downloads.

Tell you what though... Apple are going to have to try very hard to be better than EyeTV. I don't need any other solutions right now.

Willis
Jan 21, 2007, 09:30 AM
Not soon enough really.

We lack so many features its disappointing. However, surely they wouldnt release the :apple:TV without intention of releasing TV shows or Films in the very near future.

Ole Stevie did say that they hoped to have films 'Worldwide' by 2007... so maybe the next Apple Event??

adrianblaine
Jan 21, 2007, 09:33 AM
Has anyone else noticed that the iTunes Music Store is no more? Not anywhere does it say the iTunes Music Store. I noticed this a couple weeks ago, but I don't know when it changed...

It is now just the iTunes Store

EDIT: MacRumors Guides does address the change, but not when...

Blackhawk2006
Jan 21, 2007, 10:04 AM
didnt i make a thread just like this like b4 u ?

Chundles
Jan 21, 2007, 10:12 AM
Has anyone else noticed that the iTunes Music Store is no more? Not anywhere does it say the iTunes Music Store. I noticed this a couple weeks ago, but I don't know when it changed...

It is now just the iTunes Store

EDIT: MacRumors Guides does address the change, but not when...

Happened at the "It's Showtime" event last year.