PDA

View Full Version : I can't stand it! Dying for Matrix Reloaded!!!

edesignuk
May 17, 2003, 03:44 PM
Well, Reloaded doesn't come out here in the UK till the 23rd :mad: it's driving me nutz! All this talk about it (which BTW I am avoiding like the plague, I don't want to know ANYTHING!).
Bring on next Saturday, I should be seeing it then :)

I don't know when it comes out else ware in the world, are then many more of us waiting?

tazo
May 17, 2003, 03:46 PM
it came out in the us yesterday I think, but i wont be able to see if for at least a week until I can save up ten bux to go.

Mr. Anderson
May 17, 2003, 03:50 PM
I'm going to see it in an hour - there's a out of the way theater that doesn't get as crowded so it won't be that bad (I hope).

I've avoided reading any of the spoilers myself - I'm really looking forward to it.

But even cooler news is that in 6 weeks or so Reloaded is going to be released as an IMAX film - that should be pretty damn spectacular - I'll have to go see it at the Smithsonian! :D

D

edesignuk
May 17, 2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by tazo
it came out in the us yesterday I think, but i wont be able to see if for at least a week until I can save up ten bux to go.
I thought it came out on the 15th in the US?

tazo
May 17, 2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by edesignuk
I thought it came out on the 15th in the US?

fine it came out on thursday then :P I know it came out towards the end of the week. Anyway...

I will prolly wait for it to come out on imax screen, that is going to be awesome

eyelikeart
May 17, 2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
But even cooler news is that in 6 weeks or so Reloaded is going to be released as an IMAX film - that should be pretty damn spectacular - I'll have to go see it at the Smithsonian! :D

damn...I won't be there to see it...

but no fear...there's an IMAX here... ;)

scem0
May 17, 2003, 04:20 PM
go early, because sitting on the front row isn't very fun. :(. Can't take everything in as well. Don't get your hopes up too high.

MacFan25
May 17, 2003, 05:22 PM
The Matrix Reloaded raked in $42.5 million in the first two days! Who knows how much more it will make?!

ibookin'
May 17, 2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by scem0
go early, because sitting on the front row isn't very fun. :(. Can't take everything in as well. Don't get your hopes up too high.

Yeah, I agree, get there early. About an hour will get you a pretty decent seat. I'm about the 9th row up in a theatre with stadium seating right now, watching those stupid slide-projected ads they show before the previews.

But I have net access through my phone, so it's not all bad. :D

wdlove
May 17, 2003, 05:47 PM
I don't know if this is of interest but a link from Earthlink @ Movie Mistakes.com, they have found 31 mistakes. You would think that in the 21st Century mistakes would be in the past!

http://www.moviemistakes.com/film.php?filmid=3144

Sedulous
May 17, 2003, 06:14 PM
One has to wonder what OS the Matrix runs on.

wdlove
May 17, 2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Sedulous
One has to wonder what OS the Matrix runs on.

If you are referring to the making of he movie! At MWNY '02, one of the technicians working on "The Lord Of the Rings" production. "They use Maya with Mac OS X, the latest version! :)

MacBandit
May 17, 2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
If you are referring to the making of he movie! At MWNY '02, one of the technicians working on "The Lord Of the Rings" production. "They use Maya with Mac OS X, the latest version! :)

I think that they are referring to the actual Matrix within the movie.

Sedulous
May 17, 2003, 11:02 PM
Actually, either way of interpreting my question is fine! It's cool to know some of the work was done on a Mac.
The Matrix itself is kinda evil but crash resistant. Certainly Windows isn't too crash resistant but it is somewhat evil.

Why isn't the Matrix showing in England until later in May? It isn't like they need to translate it.

scem0
May 17, 2003, 11:10 PM
It is very prone to errors, actually. If you have seen the movie they bring up more errors in addition to the 'glitches' (or Deja Vu's) from the first one.

It just doesn't crash.

MacBandit
May 18, 2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by scem0
It is very prone to errors, actually. If you have seen the movie they bring up more errors in addition to the 'glitches' (or Deja Vu's) from the first one.

It just doesn't crash.

Well it does crash. Remember this isn't the first version and that's for a reason. The previous versions failed.

shadowfax
May 18, 2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by MacBandit
Well it does crash. Remember this isn't the first version and that's for a reason. The previous versions failed. i wish my mac could boast that much uptime and a track record of, what, 6 crashes over multiple centuries...

shadowfax
May 18, 2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by ibookin'
Yeah, I agree, get there early. About an hour will get you a pretty decent seat. I'm about the 9th row up in a theatre with stadium seating right now, watching those stupid slide-projected ads they show before the previews.

But I have net access through my phone, so it's not all bad. :D how are you posting? did you bring in your laptop? do they let you do that?

this is so badass about it coming to iMax. that will rock, lol. maybe make it worth paying another 10$ or whatever they charge... plus the trip to san antonio....

pseudobrit
May 18, 2003, 02:47 AM
Don't be too excited.

Once you see it, your tune will simply change from "can't wait for Reloaded" to "can't wait for Revolutions!"

And Revolutions is a long six months off.

edesignuk
May 18, 2003, 03:20 PM
Oh god, how time stands still when you're waiting for something...:(

ARGH!!! :eek:

wdlove
May 18, 2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by edesignuk
Oh god, how time stands still when you're waiting for something...:(

ARGH!!! :eek:

That is because you are a youngster at 20! Wait another 20 to 30 years, then you will wonder where the time went. "It seems just like it was yesterday." :p

MacBandit
May 18, 2003, 05:03 PM
That is because you are a youngster at 20! Wait another 20 to 30 years, then you will wonder where the time went. "It seems just like it was yesterday." :p

Time always looks short when you look back and compare it ahead no matter what the age. When you have something you desperately want and have to wait until tomorrow time can stand still for anyone. I use to have customers that would bug us to no end to pick up there new bike over the weekend because they changed there mind and couldn't wait and couldn't sleep. I'm talking about people in there 50s and 60s.

ibookin'
May 18, 2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Shadowfax
how are you posting? did you bring in your laptop? do they let you do that?

I brought in my laptop. They didn't seem to mind. After all, it doesn't have a camera or anything. I just brought it in in the case and they didn't say anything. Have there been problems with having laptops in theatres near where you live?

I enjoyed the movie, btw.

janey
May 18, 2003, 06:53 PM
I brought in my laptop. They didn't seem to mind. After all, it doesn't have a camera or anything. I just brought it in in the case and they didn't say anything.
i almost always take a laptop to watch a movie...great way to advertise Apple's stuff...it's kinda dark in there even before the movie starts and the apple logo is so painfully evident that you can't help but to stare at it, plus it proves that apple's laptops are very portable and of course, an apple store is like practically adjacent to the theater (well at least the one at the grove) :)
they don't care even if you bring a camera as long as you don't use it during the movie.

shadowfax
May 18, 2003, 09:24 PM
i think i would find the backlighting on your LCD annoying and call the manager and get him to make you not use it in the theater. before the movie, well and good, but not during. that's unfair, IMO.

but if nobody complains...

ibookin'
May 19, 2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Shadowfax
i think i would find the backlighting on your LCD annoying and call the manager and get him to make you not use it in the theater. before the movie, well and good, but not during. that's unfair, IMO.

but if nobody complains...

Of course. I wouldn't use it during the movie. That's not fair to the audience. Plus, I wouldn't want to miss the movie.

topicolo
May 19, 2003, 02:44 PM
I don't know if this is of interest but a link from Earthlink @ Movie Mistakes.com, they have found 31 mistakes. You would think that in the 21st Century mistakes would be in the past!

http://www.moviemistakes.com/film.php?filmid=3144

Apparently the first one had over 100 mistakes so this is an improvement :)

shadowfax
May 19, 2003, 04:04 PM
Of course. I wouldn't use it during the movie. That's not fair to the audience. Plus, I wouldn't want to miss the movie. ah. i feel better now. put it under your seat so i can steal it during the best part when you're fixated on the film! :D

MacBandit
May 20, 2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by topicolo
Apparently the first one had over 100 mistakes so this is an improvement :)

I took a moment to look over the list. The mistakes are reader submitted and haven't been verified. I know for a fact that when I read through all of them I came up with 3 that weren't actually real and a couple more that I wouldn't even bother to list.