PDA

View Full Version : ibook power port problems

gregjp48
Jan 21, 2007, 04:43 PM
Lately I've been experiencing problems with my ibook power jack. I know it's not the adapter because I've tried multiple ones.

It has to be adjusted in just the certain way like supported upwards, like it's own weight is pulling it down, and turned a bit so that it will charge. The orange light still remains on.

Sometimes, it's orange when connected and not charging, and green when connected and charging, but when I have a good connection, it acts normally, turning orange while charging, but also while connected and not charging.

I'm just within warranty. It expires toward the beginning of february. I went to the apple store because of a power adapter. The Genius told me that he has a hard time telling all of the ibook/powerbook owners who have problems with their power electronics, that it isn't covered under warranty. Is this what he is referring to? I don't think that it as acceptible for a machine under a year old to charge when it wants to.
Any suggestions?

NATO
Jan 21, 2007, 04:58 PM
It doesn't sound normal at all, I would expect that to be fixed under warranty, its certainly not something which could be attributed to abuse etc, it just sounds like something isn't quite right between the power adapter and the connector on the laptop. Don't take no for an answer, it should be fixed under warranty.

gregjp48
Jan 23, 2007, 05:46 PM
gotta get to the apple store soon...
thanks by the way

gregjp48
Jan 27, 2007, 02:12 PM
gave it to the apple store today
no mac for a while ugh :(
at least it's a short while that i have to use this buggy and noisy dell tower

gregjp48
Feb 5, 2007, 09:58 PM
i still haven't gotten my mac back!
apparently the dc inboard needs replacing.
I called applecare, and they talked to the genius.
Apparently, they are looking all over the world for the DC inboard for a 12 inch ibook G4. I went on ebay and immediately found almost 40 ranging in price from 10(low bid) -25 (buy it now) dollars.

What's the deal?
The warranty is based on when u come in for the repair correct, when it is issued?
They wouldn't be trying to delay until my warranty expires on February 18th ish?