View Full Version : Guess who I am.

mymemory
May 18, 2003, 12:34 AM
Ok, you have 5 choices to choose who mymemory is:

1. The bold guy at the left.
2. The hairy guy on the top.
3. The guy with glasses.
4. The guy at the far right.
5. Or... the nice girl (far from been a virgin) in the middle.

shadowfax
May 18, 2003, 12:51 AM
i'll go with the guy on the top, just for kicks. is the girl marrying all of you? do they do that there? :p :o :D

ibookin'
May 18, 2003, 12:53 AM
I'm gonna go with the guy on the far right. Looks more like a VJ than the other people.

If he isn't you then I'm sorry. I'm sure you're a much better VJ than the other guy... ;)

EDIT: I wouldn't recommed posting pictures of yourself on the web. You might get Photoshopped... *opens applications folder* :D

Doctor Q
May 18, 2003, 01:18 AM
Maybe it's a trick question. You could be the photographer. Or the person everyone's looking at!

shadowfax
May 18, 2003, 01:40 AM
Q, are you going for option 6. None of the above?

shadowfax
May 18, 2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by ibookin'
EDIT: I wouldn't recommed posting pictures of yourself on the web. You might get Photoshopped... *opens applications folder* :D which target are you going for first?

Doctor Q
May 18, 2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Shadowfax
Q, are you going for option 6. None of the above? I always think outside the box. Or maybe I just can't follow simple directions.

shadowfax
May 18, 2003, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Doctor Q
I always think outside the box. Or maybe I just can't follow simple directions. tsk. i believe "think different" is the mac user term.

Megaquad
May 18, 2003, 03:43 AM
i think mymemory is that hairless (:D) guy on the left!!

BaghdadBob
May 18, 2003, 05:18 AM
I'm going with option number seven. It is neither one of the five depicted nor the photographer, it is the character they are all grinning at to the photographer's right.

MacFan25
May 18, 2003, 07:37 AM
I'll take a guess...hmm...number 3 - the guy with the glasses. :)

pivo6
May 18, 2003, 07:43 AM
Number 4 - Guy on far right

748s
May 18, 2003, 08:27 AM
i'll go for the guy in the dress:eek:
nah....saw your photo last time you posted it. the bold (?) guy on the left. you look a lot better in this photo:p

melchior
May 18, 2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by mymemory
Ok, you have 5 choices to choose who mymemory is:

1. The bold guy at the left.
2. The hairy guy on the top.
3. The guy with glasses.
4. The guy at the far right.
5. Or... the nice girl (far from been a virgin) in the middle.

4. guy on the far right. looks like the most likely to be unable to spell or write grammatically correct sentences. :D no offense or anything. actually it was tricky, because the guy in the middle, number 2, looks like he escaped from a mental institute, but then i thought even crazy people can spell... ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 18, 2003, 08:33 AM
The last pic mymemory posted was one where he was seen from the back and he had no hair (shaved), so I'm going for the guy on the left.

Why are we doing this?

D

mymemory
May 18, 2003, 09:26 AM
Thank you for the grammar comment:mad: I have to have some defect to be consider human:rolleyes:

melchior: the guy at the right... he is a car dealer, actually, he buy cars, dissapear them and get the money from the insurance company, he is not a VJ.

Some of you are right btw and I'm in the picture.

We are not marrying the girl, but she dated the car dealer and me a few years ago.:cool:

amnesiac1984
May 18, 2003, 09:31 AM
Thank you for the grammar comment:mad: I have to have some defect to be consider human:rolleyes:

melchior: the guy at the right... he is a car dealer, actually, he buy cars, dissapear them and get the money from the insurance company, he is not a VJ.

Some of you are right btw and I'm in the picture.

We are not marrying the girl, but she dated the car dealer and me a few years ago.:cool:

I reckon you are the hairy guy or the guy on the left.

Doctor Q
May 18, 2003, 09:36 AM
tsk. i believe "think different" is the mac user term. Sorry, that's ungrammatical. And if people are picking on mymemory for a spelling error, I don't want to open myself up to ridicule by speaking improper. I mean improperly.

Well, it seems to be narrowed down to three choices, but I'll still pick "none of the above". I now guess that you are the boy (or the dog??) in this picture: http://www.star-thrower.com/mymemory.jpg. The web page (http://www.star-thrower.com/home.html) on which this image appears claims to be the resumé of artist Michael D. Main, but I'm judging by the name of the jpeg file and because the dog was barking in Spanish.

voicegy
May 18, 2003, 11:32 AM
I think you're the bald guy on the left.

When you made some grammar errors and spelling errors, you misspelled "bald" for "bold", which, I think, is a subconscious attempt to boost your ego.

You've also publicly trashed two people in the picture, stating that the "nice girl is far from being a virgin" and that the guy on the right rips off insurance companies.

A "bold" move, in my opinion. Ergo, I choose #1.

Please continue to tell us dirt about the others in the picture that are NOT you...this is better than a daytime soap.:p

Sun Baked
May 18, 2003, 11:38 AM
With the way these threads have been getting twisted lately, I'd almost have to say...

"The guy in drag in the middle" :o

From the description (5) it sounds like the night that picture was taken ended with a bang.

:p :p :p

shadowfax
May 18, 2003, 01:19 PM
Sorry, that's ungrammatical. And if people are picking on mymemory for a spelling error, I don't want to open myself up to ridicule by speaking improper. I mean improperly. ummm... maybe you need to reeducate yourself. (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21668&perpage=25&highlight=differently&pagenumber=1)

in summary: if i say "think 'stupid,'" i don't mean think using stupidity (that would be "think stupidly"), i mean to think of stupidity, or, when thinking of something, to apply the concept of stupidity to it. likewise, "think different" is not an admonition to "think about something in a different way" (though that's basically what you end up doing), but an admonition to think about something by applying the concept of "difference" to it. when designing the new bridge, use a "different" frame of mind. it works fine. just a little ellipsis, perhaps. bah. stupid tangent.

wdlove
May 18, 2003, 01:38 PM
I will just add that I think she is a very nice looking young lady. The men are handsome. From the comment of Mr. Anderson, I'll second it on the balding gentleman. Alot of women think that a bald man is very sexy! ;)

shadowfax
May 18, 2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
I will just add that I think she is a very nice looking young lady. The men are handsome. From the comment of Mr. Anderson, I'll second it on the balding gentleman. Alot of women think that a bald man is very sexy! ;) she is very beautiful... looks so... pure, heh. must be the white.

mymemory
May 18, 2003, 01:57 PM
I thought is was "bold"... what "bold" means then?

About "trashing" people, that is a very common thing here, it is not actually and insult.

The nice thing of my country is that you can call some one "Hey! negro maricon, ven para acá" (Hey faget nigro come over here!). In the use that is way too much to get killed but down here it is a regular slang.

If you come to Venezuela the first thing people are gonna do is to give you a nick name.

"Chas" (the car dealer) it is one of my best friends, specially because he is a very experienced person, he just do not deal with drugs but everything realted with counterfeit (credit cards), insurances and all that stuff he had done it. Actally he got a turist visa for his girlfriend when the embassy was closed because of the riots:confused:

shadowfax
May 18, 2003, 02:00 PM
I thought is was "bold"... what "bold" means then? :confused:

bold is fearless, courageous, generally considered a positive acjective to give someone.

bald is hairless--usually via age, but a skinhead (who shaves his head to lose the hair) is also bald. bah, why am i analyzing these terms?

scem0
May 18, 2003, 02:14 PM
definitely the guy on the left.

wdlove
May 18, 2003, 02:20 PM
I thought is was "bold"... what "bold" means then?

About "trashing" people, that is a very common thing here, it is not actually and insult.

The nice thing of my country is that you can call some one "Hey! negro maricon, ven para acá" (Hey faget nigro come over here!). In the use that is way too much to get killed but down here it is a regular slang.

If you come to Venezuela the first thing people are gonna do is to give you a nick name.

"Chas" (the car dealer) it is one of my best friends, specially because he is a very experienced person, he just do not deal with drugs but everything realted with counterfeit (credit cards), insurances and all that stuff he had done it. Actally he got a turist visa for his girlfriend when the embassy was closed because of the riots:confused:

Your friend sounds like a man that you would not want to get on the his wrong side! What kind of work does the young lady and the other men do for a living?

sillymacgirl
May 18, 2003, 02:22 PM
I will just add that I think she is a very nice looking young lady. The men are handsome. From the comment of Mr. Anderson, I'll second it on the balding gentleman. Alot of women think that a bald man is very sexy! ;)

I think bald men are VERY sexy! :D

So Mymemory, when are you going to reveal yourself to us?? My guess is you're the guy on the left. :)

Gelfin
May 18, 2003, 02:49 PM

Heh... I'd suggest you remember not to do that after you get to NY, in Spanish or in English. ;)

BaghdadBob
May 18, 2003, 03:16 PM
I hardly would have thought anything about the girl from the way her hand is in between the bold guy's legs...

So, in the tradition of your country, hey dumbass Venezuelan with bad grammar! Which one are you?

MUWAhAHAHAHAHA! I'm just kidding (after I get done laughing at my own joke). I find it humorous that people from another country often speak better english than your average American-born high school student. Sad. I don't speak anything other than my mother tounge, so I don't have the balls to criticize a foreign citizen's second language grammar.

Are you sure you're not guy number seven?

janey
May 18, 2003, 03:17 PM
i think you're the guy with the glasses.

MacBandit
May 18, 2003, 03:49 PM
Well seeing how you say you were born in 1975 that puts you at about 28. I think you have to be the guy on the bottom right. I was going to say the girl but I just don't think so after reading that whole bit about insults.

King Cobra
May 18, 2003, 04:27 PM
mymemory, didn't you leave us all in the dust in a Q&A situation before?

You gave us the question to a dumb joke in which we had to guess the answer. Only you knew the answer. We haven't found out. (This was possibly 6 to 12 months ago.)

Try to remember to leave us in the dust this time. :)

voicegy
May 18, 2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
mymemory, didn't you leave us all in the dust in a Q&A situation before?
Try to remember to leave us in the dust this time. :)

Or to NOT leave us in the dust, as the case may be.:)

BaghdadBob
May 18, 2003, 04:47 PM
A man walks into a bar and says "OW, GODDAMMIT THAT HURT!!!!"

MacBandit
May 18, 2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by BaghdadBob

Shouldn't walk into midgets.;)

Mr. Anderson
May 18, 2003, 06:17 PM
Left

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?threadid=17429

Sun Baked
May 18, 2003, 06:22 PM
A man walks into a bar and says "OW, GODDAMMIT THAT HURT!!!!" If you're in the drunk tank, you should at least wait for them to open the door. :rolleyes:

voicegy
May 18, 2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
Left

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?threadid=17429

Well, that ends THIS thread! Megaquad got it first, followed by Mr. Anderson, myself, scemO then Sillymacgirl.

What do we win?

And, more to the point, why did we play?:rolleyes:

scem0
May 18, 2003, 06:30 PM
3rd..... good enough. :cool:

:) ;)

wdlove
May 18, 2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by voicegy
Well, that ends THIS thread! Megaquad got it first, followed by Mr. Anderson, myself, scemO then Sillymacgirl.

What do we win?

And, more to the point, why did we play?:rolleyes:

Now I feel left out, if you check my 2:38pm post it mentioned my pick of the balding guy! :( Wonder why mymemory hasn't posted since he started the thread? :confused:

King Cobra
May 18, 2003, 07:57 PM

<sigh of relief> I was afraid to be anything less than a man. :)

BTW: That thread was from January. How is he still Hairy Johnny?

MrMacMan
May 18, 2003, 08:34 PM
To be more specific, left he has already shows photos like this from the other thread.

I have seen this thread, I didn't want to stop you guys from having fun. :o

lmalave
May 19, 2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by sillymacgirl
I think bald men are VERY sexy! :D

I think bald women are sexy :D

Well, ok, not bald, but, like, a crew cut. There's nothing like a woman with a very pretty face and short hair. Like the dancers from Madonna's Girlie Show concert. Mmm...mmm...mmm they were HOT!

Les Kern
May 19, 2003, 03:40 PM
The perv in the bushes.

BaghdadBob
May 19, 2003, 03:47 PM
Does MyMemory remember who it is, or does it intend to leave us hanging, my preciousss?

sillymacgirl
May 19, 2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by lmalave
I think bald women are sexy :D

Well, ok, not bald, but, like, a crew cut. There's nothing like a woman with a very pretty face and short hair. Like the dancers from Madonna's Girlie Show concert. Mmm...mmm...mmm they were HOT!

I'm glad you clarified that! LOL Bald men are sexy...bald women are SCARY! :eek: At least IMO. ;)

noel4r
May 19, 2003, 04:26 PM
that chick is kinda cute, i wouldn't mind spending a couple of hours with her. if you know what i mean...

eyelikeart
May 19, 2003, 04:33 PM
My first time in this thread...

I'm going with bald...

wdlove
May 19, 2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
My first time in this thread...

I'm going with bald...

Check out the post by Mr. Anderson & MrMacman on 5/18. There is no doubt that you hit the nail on the head! Now we just need to hear from mymemory! Unless he is going to leave us in the lurch again!

zarathustra
May 19, 2003, 05:06 PM
Sorry, that's ungrammatical. And if people are picking on mymemory for a spelling error, I don't want to open myself up to ridicule by speaking improper. I mean improperly.

Actually, Think Different is correct:

It's not a command to think differently, but if you were asked to describe a Mac, you could say: "Well, think something out of this world, think something wild, think different."

eyelikeart
May 19, 2003, 05:26 PM
Now we just need to hear from mymemory! Unless he is going to leave us in the lurch again!

which we all know he has a habit of doing... :rolleyes: ;)

vniow
May 19, 2003, 05:57 PM
Middle.

lmalave
May 19, 2003, 07:13 PM
I'm glad you clarified that! LOL Bald men are sexy...bald women are SCARY! :eek: At least IMO. ;)

Well...watch Madonna's "Girlie Show Down Under" (look for it at your video rental place), and even as a woman I think you'd have to say objectively that those female dancers are hot. BTW, if you like bald guys, the male dancers are also crewcutted and needless to say also hot (this is Madonna we're talking about, after all).

*sigh* ...there used to be a time not so long ago when I looked like the male Madonna's dancers - shaved head and just totally ripped (size 28 waist, size 40 chest). But I'll get there again, dammit! (see the "Dieting for the Summer" thread).

MrMacMan
May 19, 2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by vniow
Middle.

I normally restrain myself, but sorry, no.

Don't be a **** photoshop whore, we can all do that. This thread has no meaning intill he tells us which person he is.

(which is left)

[profanity]

vniow
May 19, 2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman
I normally restrain myself, but sorry, no.

Don't be a ***** photoshop whore, we can all do that. This thread has no meaning intill he tells us which person he is.

I thought it was http://forums.macrumors.com/avatar.php?userid=7421&dateline=1053021996, not photoshop whore...

And doesn't that go against what you say in your sig?

Originally posted by MrMacman's sig
If you don't care, don't Post it!

King Cobra
May 19, 2003, 07:44 PM
Macman, perhaps if you can't appreciate a sense of humor, make sure you are wearing a pair of tight, flameproof underwear.

The last time I looked at a bald woman I ended up having nightmares and began screaming in my sleep. :eek:

Sun Baked
May 19, 2003, 07:49 PM
Getting a little sticky in here. :eek:

mymemory
May 19, 2003, 07:51 PM
I lost my dsl connection for the entire day and now I see that picture photoshoped!!!:(

I'm gonna post a holly picture of me tomorrow, some of you have been doing your home work.

Today I had an interesting day, my girlfriend grand mother died yesterday and we spend the entire day pre and post funeral discussing: "how we want to be buried".

Good topic for a thread.

:rolleyes:

King Cobra
May 19, 2003, 08:00 PM
>Today I had an interesting day, my girlfriend grand mother died yesterday and we spend the entire day pre and post funeral discussing: "how we want to be buried". (mymemory)

Oh, dear. :(

Luckily for me I only lose my dial-up connections for no more than 10 minutes.

Mr. Anderson
May 19, 2003, 08:02 PM
Today I had an interesting day, my girlfriend grand mother died yesterday and we spend the entire day pre and post funeral discussing: "how we want to be buried".

Good topic for a thread.

Sorry to hear that - its tough losing a family member.

And that would be an interesting, if somewhat morbid thread topic....;)

D

MrMacMan
May 19, 2003, 08:03 PM
I thought it was http://forums.macrumors.com/avatar.php?userid=7421&dateline=1053021996, not photoshop whore...

And doesn't that go against what you say in your sig?

Thats my point, I can so much that mymemory will see the image, like he just has, and will never respond telling us that he is infact the person on the left.

We feel you you mymemory. :(
Sorry about the death.

edit:
Macman, perhaps if you can't appreciate a sense of humor, make sure you are wearing a pair of tight, flameproof underwear.

And maybe if I was totally FLAMING, I would understand what you just said... :rolleyes:
I prefer jeans.

King Cobra
May 19, 2003, 08:09 PM
And maybe if I was totally FLAMING, I would understand what you just said... :rolleyes:

And this is where I feel pity for you.

As for how people should be buried, if there ever was a thread, I think every reader should keep a box of Kleenex by their computer when reading the thread.

wdlove
May 19, 2003, 08:15 PM
I lost my dsl connection for the entire day and now I see that picture photoshoped!!!:(

I'm gonna post a holly picture of me tomorrow, some of you have been doing your home work.

Good topic for a thread.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Just know that the Lord is with you. God Bless You mymemory!

sillymacgirl
May 19, 2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by lmalave
Well...watch Madonna's "Girlie Show Down Under" (look for it at your video rental place), and even as a woman I think you'd have to say objectively that those female dancers are hot. BTW, if you like bald guys, the male dancers are also crewcutted and needless to say also hot (this is Madonna we're talking about, after all).

*sigh* ...there used to be a time not so long ago when I looked like the male Madonna's dancers - shaved head and just totally ripped (size 28 waist, size 40 chest). But I'll get there again, dammit! (see the "Dieting for the Summer" thread).

Hmm, I've never heard of that video...could be interesting though. :)

And mymemory, sorry to hear about your girlfriend's grandmother :( And I'm with you and Mr. Anderson, D, Duke, Dukestreet (I'm so confused! :confused: ), the "how you want to be buried thread could be interesting...but yeah, very morbid.

MacBandit
May 20, 2003, 12:55 AM

Good topic for a thread.

Sorry to hear about that. I hope your gfriend is taking everything well.

As for burial. I want a basher of a party held at my burial/wake and I want cremated and turned into a diamond. I saw a bit on it the other day on TechTV. They can turn your ashes into an artificial diamond now.

I want to be a diamond so I can be used to scratch the screens of all the Windows PCs in the world.;)

wdlove
May 20, 2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by MacBandit
Sorry to hear about that. I hope your gfriend is taking everything well.

As for burial. I want a basher of a party held at my burial/wake and I want cremated and turned into a diamond. I saw a bit on it the other day on TechTV. They can turn your ashes into an artificial diamond now.

I want to be a diamond so I can be used to scratch the screens of all the Windows PCs in the world.;)

I believe that I saw that story on "60 Minutes." The cost was about $30,000 for a 10 carat diamond. Though it doesn't have the value of a real diamond, it's has a priceless sentimental value!

MacFan25
May 20, 2003, 02:44 PM
sorry to hear about your loss mymemory. :(

originally posted by MacBandit They can turn your ashes into artificial diamond now.
wow...thats pretty weird. :confused:

mymemory
May 20, 2003, 03:39 PM
Thank you, we are all fine around here, the lady is happy up there, she is not in pain and my girlfriend's family are all ok.

Death doesn't have to be always a tragic or traumatic thing, if is an old person that is sick and all his/her family are fine all we have left are happy memories. As I saw once some where: "The only pain you should be afraid of is the love you hold".

BTW, I want to be cremated and I want to have my ashes spread in a rave party with William Orbit and my best friend DJ OddO ( a venezuelan DJ). I want my ashes be trowed from very high.

The second option is to be trowed on the sea where my dad's ashes are gonna be trowed (he want his ashes on the sea).

Any way, I see a new thread coming on:rolleyes:

Doctor Q
May 20, 2003, 04:19 PM
After I die, they can prop my body up in front of my main Mac at home. Nobody will notice the difference since I spend so much time there anyway. Maybe I can write a program ahead of time that will continue to send brilliant, informative, well-thought-out, and entertaining posts to MacRumors (in contrast with this one :)).

On the other hand, maybe I'll have them throw my whole body off a bridge in Madison County, Iowa and see how big a splash they can make.

MacBandit
May 20, 2003, 04:20 PM
Thank you, we are all fine around here, the lady is happy up there, she is not in pain and my girlfriend's family are all ok.

Death doesn't have to be always a tragic or traumatic thing, if is an old person that is sick and all his/her family are fine all we have left are happy memories. As I saw once some where: "The only pain you should be afraid of is the love you hold".

BTW, I want to be cremated and I want to have my ashes spread in a rave party with William Orbit and my best friend DJ OddO ( a venezuelan DJ). I want my ashes be trowed from very high.

The second option is to be trowed on the sea where my dad's ashes are gonna be trowed (he want his ashes on the sea).

Any way, I see a new thread coming on:rolleyes:

Sounds very similar to what my dad wants and I have considered the same thing.

Just to aid you in your english language skilss it's not 'trowed' it should be 'thrown'. Trow has completely different meaning. It either means obsolete or trusted.

MacBandit
May 20, 2003, 04:22 PM
............On the other hand, maybe I'll have them throw my whole body off a bridge in Madison County, Iowa and see how big a splash they can make.

It'll be more impressive if they freeze you first.:D

wdlove
May 20, 2003, 05:18 PM
After I die, they can prop my body up in front of my main Mac at home. Nobody will notice the difference since I spend so much time there anyway. Maybe I can write a program ahead of time that will continue to send brilliant, informative, well-thought-out, and entertaining posts to MacRumors (in contrast with this one :)).

On the other hand, maybe I'll have them throw my whole body off a bridge in Madison County, Iowa and see how big a splash they can make.

Gee that could be a segment on "David Letterman." A few weeks ago Stephanie stood on top of their office building and threw different items from the 7 story building. They photgraphed the trip down and the splash! :p

eyelikeart
May 20, 2003, 05:30 PM
I want a cremation also. I don't even want my family & friends to go through the whole funeral process. There's something about people remembering me as this artificial looking person inside of a coffin that screams "WRONG!!!" in my head.

shadowfax
May 20, 2003, 05:39 PM
this is making me think of that scene in the importance of being earnest when rupert everett taps his cigar into that urn (that has fake ashes in it...); that really shocked me. i laughed quite heartily.

sorry, i can't take death too seriously right now.

Doctor Q
May 20, 2003, 05:56 PM
Anyone remember the Monty Python reunion a couple years ago, where John Cleese brought Graham Chapman's ashes in an urn, and then Terry Gilliam accidentally kicked the urn over, spilling the ashes?

Then somebody pulled out a Dustbuster. It was a setup, of course. But a pretty funny joke. I'm sure Chapman would have appreciated it.

MrMacMan
May 20, 2003, 06:11 PM
Um... mymemory, you got that picture of you handy? :)

I remember someone saying something about posting his real picture... ;)

Sun Baked
May 20, 2003, 06:14 PM

I remember someone saying something about posting his real picture... ;) That wedding dress was nice, but I'm waiting for the bikini competition to start.

MrMacMan
May 20, 2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Sun Baked
That wedding dress was nice, but I'm waiting for the bikini competition to start.

I was sorta hoping for the real image.

That he sorta said he would post today, but hey in my time zone he still has a couple hours.

MacBandit
May 20, 2003, 06:24 PM
Anyone remember the Monty Python reunion a couple years ago, where John Cleese brought Graham Chapman's ashes in an urn, and then Terry Gilliam accidentally kicked the urn over, spilling the ashes?

Then somebody pulled out a Dustbuster. It was a setup, of course. But a pretty funny joke. I'm sure Chapman would have appreciated it.

Weren't they suppose to tour? I was waiting for the tour to come around but I never heard anything beyond the initial announcement. I would have loved to seen all that. I knew they were suppose to be bringing Champman along in an urn.

BaghdadBob
May 20, 2003, 06:51 PM
Apparently the Kids in the Hall did a tour, but I didn't hear about it until I saw it on Comedy Central. IMO, Kids in the Hall is the only sketch comedy that has ever come close to Monty Python. No, not Mad TV, not SNL, none of those. Once again this is my opinion...

I think mymemory is just gonna leave us hanging. Maybe we should start finding pics from the web of who we think he is.

wdlove
May 20, 2003, 06:53 PM
this is making me think of that scene in the importance of being earnest when rupert everett taps his cigar into that urn (that has fake ashes in it...); that really shocked me. i laughed quite heartily.

sorry, i can't take death too seriously right now.

Enjoy it while you are young shadowfax. ;)

GeneR
May 20, 2003, 07:31 PM
Well, aren't you, you? :D

I'm sorry, the corny humor ("the dork side") took over me and forced me to write that! :D

scem0
May 20, 2003, 08:20 PM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune mymemory.

As for how I would like to be burried - I would like a cremation much for the same reasons as eyelikeart.

pseudobrit
May 20, 2003, 08:58 PM
I want a cremation also. I don't even want my family & friends to go through the whole funeral process. There's something about people remembering me as this artificial looking person inside of a coffin that screams "WRONG!!!" in my head.

I think a funeral days after the death is a little new-fashioned.

I'd like an old fashioned Irish wake, replete with keening. Your freshly dead body's right there in the room. Everyone gets good and drunk and celebrates/grieves your passing. Then in the morning they put you in the dirt.

MacBandit
May 20, 2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by pseudobrit
I think a funeral days after the death is a little new-fashioned.

I'd like an old fashioned Irish wake, replete with keening. Your freshly dead body's right there in the room. Everyone gets good and drunk and celebrates/grieves your passing. Then in the morning they put you in the dirt.

I like the Irish Wake fashion too. It sounds like a lot of fun and a good way to get the emotions out. I think I would prefer to have my body cremated before hand though and just placed in and earn in the middle of the room or something. I saw an Irish Wake table on television just a week ago for the first time. The Irish and Scottish really have great ideas for some things.

mymemory
May 20, 2003, 10:00 PM

I remember someone saying something about posting his real picture... ;)

Just because you mentioned...

Here is a picture for my frustarted love vniow whos I still not sure if is a girl or a guy, in case you are a girl I give you this:

shadowfax
May 20, 2003, 10:02 PM
i suppose that settles that?

damn, i was wrong.

Sun Baked
May 20, 2003, 10:07 PM
Man that's worse than a drivers license photo. :p

scem0
May 20, 2003, 10:32 PM
Crop around the head, animate it turning, and you've got yourself an avatar.

Like this one of mine:
http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?postid=318351

:D:D:D;):cool: :cool:

BaghdadBob
May 20, 2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by scem0

I agree, that pic has the makings of a great avatar.

BaghdadBob
May 20, 2003, 10:43 PM
Then again, he could just be posting that as a lady pleaser -- after all the talk of how sexy bald guys are...makes me want to lose my hair :p

job
May 20, 2003, 10:52 PM
Man that's worse than a drivers license photo. :p

No, not really...

That's the best damn choice for drivers license photo I've ever seen. ;) :D :D

MrMacMan
May 20, 2003, 11:11 PM
Just because you mentioned...

Ah, thanks! :D

I knew left. :p
Hey, don't mind the others, you look pretty damn good for a self-portrait. :)

sillymacgirl
May 20, 2003, 11:43 PM
Then again, he could just be posting that as a lady pleaser -- after all the talk of how sexy bald guys are...makes me want to lose my hair :p

Just a little clarification...guys with hair are sexy too, not just bald ones ;)

And I want to be cremated when I die...for two reasons, one, like eye I don't want my family to have that image of me in a coffin to be the one they carry with them...and two, I can't stand the idea of being eaten by bugs. :eek: (ok, sorry, I know that probably topped the list of morbid things to say/think!)

pseudobrit
May 20, 2003, 11:52 PM
I can't stand the idea of being eaten by bugs.

You'd decay before bugs could get into the vault and coffin.

Sun Baked
May 21, 2003, 12:12 AM
I can't stand the idea of being eaten by bugs. :eek: (ok, sorry, I know that probably topped the list of morbid things to say/think!) Ah yes, there is only one way to truely grok the dearly departed. ;)

At least this way you don't have to worry about bugs.

Of course if that doesn't work, there is the Ferengi method for dealing with the dead. :eek:

vniow
May 21, 2003, 12:19 AM

Of course if that doesn't work, there is the Ferengi method for dealing with the dead. :eek:

What's that?

Sun Baked
May 21, 2003, 12:37 AM
What's that? The selling of one's dessicated remains... and I got the impression the pieces weren't too big.

shadowfax
May 21, 2003, 01:17 AM
i can see how a skinhead could be sexy. especially with dark glasses and a leather trench coat. and a samurai sword and MAC-10. strictly if i were a woman, of course.

GeneR
May 21, 2003, 01:21 AM
I'm glad I wasn't eating any ramen noodles at the time, I might have, well...

:D

I agree though, it has all the smackings of a 'tar.

shadowfax
May 21, 2003, 01:24 AM
A flame 'tar, hah. you know, scem0, after the hell you went through with that tar, one would think you'd never wish such on anyone else. spinning heads with open mouths make me want to barf.

not that you don't look perfectly fine, mymemory, but i would hate even my rena 'tar if she spun around like a slot machine.

a slot machine, mmmm..... :D

MacBandit
May 21, 2003, 01:26 AM
i can see how a skinhead could be sexy. especially with dark glasses and a leather trench coat. and a samurai sword and MAC-10. strictly if i were a woman, of course.

Hahahaha, strictly speaking as a woman of course!!:D

sillymacgirl
May 21, 2003, 09:54 AM
The selling of one's dessicated remains... and I got the impression the pieces weren't too big.

Oh my God! That's horrible! :eek: I'll stick with cremation...they can even turn me into a diamond if they want...but no chopping up and selling of the pieces! Eww!

You'd be one scary woman! ;) :D LOL

wdlove
May 21, 2003, 10:26 AM
Oh my God! That's horrible! :eek: I'll stick with cremation...they can even turn me into a diamond if they want...but no chopping up and selling of the pieces! Eww!

You'd be one scary woman! ;) :D LOL

Creemation is definitely a great alternative. My father-in-law had his wife cremated. He has kept her at home. The ashes are in 2 urns. Both are sculptures, works of art, in bronze. They way he decided to keep her at home, didn't really save any money.

Who do you want to have the diamond, sillymacgirl>

sillymacgirl
May 21, 2003, 11:22 AM
Creemation is definitely a great alternative. My father-in-law had his wife cremated. He has kept her at home. The ashes are in 2 urns. Both are sculptures, works of art, in bronze. They way he decided to keep her at home, didn't really save any money.

Who do you want to have the diamond, sillymacgirl>

My cousin was cremated when he died...he and his sister had lived in New Mexico for a good part of their lives, so she wanted to keep half of his ashes here (In Louisiana) and spread the other half there (T or C N.M.). I think it's fine for people to keep the ashes in an urn at home...I don't think it's ok for people to split the ashes in half. (Unless of course really unusual circumstances cause some of the ashes to end up elsewhere)

And as far as who I'd want to have the diamond, if I'm married, my husband or when I have kids, maybe them...I guess it would depend on my life at the time. Right now I'm not married and I don't have children, so it would be my mother or brother.

eyelikeart
May 21, 2003, 12:32 PM
eaten by bugs?! u are such a little girl sometimes... :rolleyes:

so...now that we know what mymemory looks like..what was the purpose of this thread again? ;)

MacBandit
May 21, 2003, 01:14 PM
eaten by bugs?! u are such a little girl sometimes... :rolleyes:

so...now that we know what mymemory looks like..what was the purpose of this thread again? ;)

To waste server space just like most threads.:p

mymemory
May 21, 2003, 01:32 PM

That next time you think of me you are gonna think in cremation and viceversa.:confused:

sillymacgirl
May 21, 2003, 01:51 PM
LMAO, ok, I'm glad this thread took a lighter turn ;)

And such a little girl eh? I thought I was the girliest girl?? LOL

And yes, wasted space in a hijacked thread...it's headed for the wasteland soon, isn't it? :rolleyes:

wdlove
May 21, 2003, 04:06 PM

And yes, wasted space in a hijacked thread...it's headed for the wasteland soon, isn't it? :rolleyes:

I'm sure that you are quite the nice looking young lady! Is that sexy? :p Being that you are a librarian, that means you are kind, helpful, and resourceful! ;)

eyelikeart
May 21, 2003, 05:04 PM
I hardly think I'll find myself thinking of cremation when I think of mymemory. ;)

and u are just a friggin' little girl...sillymacbeotch...I've decidec...

King Cobra
May 21, 2003, 05:27 PM
You know, eye, you've become more of a badass since you've dug that kewpie doll out of your back yard and added those bloodshot eyes to the face.

Glad to know you haven't grown weak on us just yet. :D

Originally posted by scem0

Like this one of mine:
http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?postid=318351

The last person to have a spinning face avatar submitted the original, unending spinning face, as well as received the most Photoshop mods for that same avatar.

Oh, wait. That would be you, scem-ooh. :D

eyelikeart
May 21, 2003, 05:29 PM
You know, eye, you've become more of a badass since you've dug that kewpie doll out of your back yard and added those bloodshot eyes to the face.

Glad to know you haven't grown weak on us just yet. :D

he he he...maybe I should post in the hardass thread?! :cool:

wdlove
May 21, 2003, 06:36 PM
he he he...maybe I should post in the hardass thread?! :cool:

Please just stay the nice guy that you are eyelikeart! ;)

Sun Baked
May 21, 2003, 07:12 PM
The last person to have a spinning face avatar submitted the original, unending spinning face, as well as received the most Photoshop mods for that same avatar.

Oh, wait. That would be you, scem-ooh. :D I though that spinning avatar was enough to make one puke...

O yeah that's right, it got morphed into the MacRumors Pukey.

http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=168464

rjrufo
May 21, 2003, 07:54 PM
Middle

lmalave
May 21, 2003, 10:56 PM

Nah, it's not headed for the wasteland 'til we talk some more about sexy Madonna dancers with buzzcuts:

Doctor Q
May 21, 2003, 11:26 PM
The Wasteland beckons.

All together now...

"Moderator: Please put us out of our misery!"