PDA

View Full Version : Computer Dilemas

maracz
May 18, 2003, 11:25 AM
I bought my iBook 800 Monday last week, and am thinking about what do do considering all the rumors about Gobbi this summer and Mojave in the winter. I would like to start adding accessories and memory to my computer, but if I were to upgrade to a new iBook soon than it would be more cost effective to save the money I would use to upgrade/buy stuff for this iBook into trading up to a new iBook. What do you think I should do? I have two questions.

1. When should I trade in for a new iBook?
a) When Gobbi comes out.
b) Skip Gobbi and wait until Mojave comes out.
c) If Gobbi comes with a case redesign, Gobbi, if it doesn't, Mojave.

2. Should I save my money/not upgrade this computer or should I upgrade my computer for now?
a) Save
b) Upgrade

Any help if greatly appreciated :)

jxyama
May 18, 2003, 12:35 PM
It might help if you explained why you want to upgrade to begin with... If you want to upgrade for the sake of upgrading, I have to ask why?

It's an endless cycle... an expensive one, I might add. Is there something wrong or not so satisfactory about your current iBook? I tend to think it's a waste of time to wait for a computer to come out when there's always a degree of uncertainty about it. What if it's too expensive when it come out? What if the computer is not as good as you want? etc. etc...

Be happy with your new purchase. You got a wonderful computer now, enjoy it instead of digging around for future computers.

Duff-Man
May 18, 2003, 12:48 PM
Duff-Man says....you just bought the computer and already you are talking about upgrades based on rumors about what may come in (at least) months from now.....well, when the computer you have no longer adequately performs the tasks you need it for *and* you have the available $$ to upgrade, then start looking.....for now just enjoy your new computer and don't think about what may or may not come later.......oh yeah!

jxyama
May 18, 2003, 06:21 PM
Duff-Man,

I don't know what kind of web posting script you are using, but shut the annoying form off, dude.

It might have been funny the first time and it's still okay as your sig, but to use that stupid form for all of your posts is annoying as hell.