PDA

View Full Version : Nano: Power Up & Play with One Button Press

JeffGilly
Jan 22, 2007, 12:56 PM
I recently had to upgrade the software in my 1st gen nano because I upgraded iTunes to 7. Since then, I noticed that in stand-by mode (or whatever its called), all you have to do to play a song is press the power up/play button once. However, sometimes I have to press it twice. Those "sometimes" it will power up the nano but not start playing then I have to press play again to get it started.

Anyone with the new version of software in their nano have to press play twice sometimes to get the song to play and other times it only takes one press?

Also, was this a feature with the newest software upgrade? I didn't notice it powering up and playing with one button press before the upgrade.

Dunno if this happens with the video iPods, but it does happen with my 1st gen nano as well as my wife's 1st gen nano.

robPOD
Jan 22, 2007, 02:22 PM
why is that a problem?

JeffGilly
Jan 22, 2007, 02:49 PM
why is that a problem?The problem is not that it powers up and plays with one button press, the problem is that it is inconsistant. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. That's my main question. Why is it inconsistant? It can be in standby mode for hours and one press powers up and plays, other times it can be in standby mode for 20 mins and the first press on the button just powers it up and it takes another press to play the song that was in stand by.

My other question was for curiosity...was the one button press feature put in place just recently?

QuarterSwede
Jan 22, 2007, 03:06 PM
The problem is not that it powers up and plays with one button press, the problem is that it is inconsistant. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. That's my main question. Why is it inconsistant? It can be in standby mode for hours and one press powers up and plays, other times it can be in standby mode for 20 mins and the first press on the button just powers it up and it takes another press to play the song that was in stand by.

My other question was for curiosity...was the one button press feature put in place just recently?
I'm not sure why it happens but I too have noticed the same thing.