PDA

View Full Version : What do you do for your baby (S.O.) on his/her birthday?

BaghdadBob
May 18, 2003, 06:07 PM
There's a day every month that I do something special for my fianceť...well, maybe not all that special, I get her a stuffed animal usually...but she likes it :)

This month is her birthday, in about ten days. The problem is, we will have just finished moving and will be strapped for cash, new in town, and hardly unpacked. So I'm trying to figure out what to do for her.

Irregardless of whether or not it would be helpful to me, I'm wondering what all you romantic types do for your special widdo wuv muffins on their birthdays.

BTW, last month was our anniversary (yes, we are not married so it is since we've been a couple), and I got her a couple of stuffed animals and Photoshopped something for her...while she was sleeping the night before. It's a good thing she was fully aware I didn't have much time to work on it, it is some of the cheeziest hurried PS work I have done in several years...its a good thing I know how to make her laugh :D

PS: This was originally desktop size.

mymemory
May 18, 2003, 06:31 PM
In my aniversary we rent a movie (I choose the movie):rolleyes:

scem0
May 18, 2003, 06:32 PM
Ive never had a girlfriend for more than 1 month.... :(

:p

wdlove
May 18, 2003, 07:50 PM
If money wasn't the object for you at this time roses are nice! I have a friend that just got married a week ago Saturday. He got his finance one red rose weekly on the anniversary of meeting! If she likes stuffed animals, giving her what she likes is a great idea thought, you can't loose that way! ;)

Stelliform
May 18, 2003, 07:56 PM
Lets see, for my wife's last birthday I took her on a date. :) (Hey when you are married it is a big deal.)

When we were cash strapped for our first anniversary I cooked her a cool dinner. I am no chef, but I found this cook book called "Dad's own cookbook" by Bob Sloan It is written real simple for guys too cook really romantic dinners.

I think she really enjoyed it because she recooks the meal at least once a year. (I think she likes to remember.)

FYI, My wife just asked me why I was checking out that cookbook, and I told her what I was posting. She had this warning, make sure that YOU clean up the kitchen. :) (I forgot about when I did that once when she was pregnant. ;) Let's just say that I got in big trouble and leave it at that.)

BaghdadBob
May 18, 2003, 08:44 PM
It's been my observation that you're supposed to clean up after dinner whether you cooked it or not, for completely interchangable reasons :D

Sorting through my desk drawers I just found a bunch of candles last night. I think I might end up going with a nice long massage by candlelight and aromatic oils, etc...she's gonna need one by the time she's done driving the moving truck 1200 miles and helping me unload, unpack, clean up, set up, etc. Thoughtfulness is always so much more noticed when its accompanied with flair -- I give her massages all the time. :cool:

scem0, I actually had that problem with like my first five girlfriends. I usually ended up having to break up with them because a) they were telling me the loved me and we'd been together for two weeks or b) they were hot for my best friend. It was usually both A and B :rolleyes:...

Giaguara
May 18, 2003, 08:55 PM
my bf buys candies.. we didn't celebrate my birthday as he knows i hate to celbrate it ... he doesn't like to buy candies for himself so when he buys those for myself it ends like i have half of them.. ;)