Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrploddy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2006
I'm eager for my next Heroes fix and episode 12 is up for normal people to buy at $1.99 but when I check for new purchases it's not been added???

How long does it take from episodes being added to the season pass holders getting it ?. I thought that adding to Season Pass would be the first priority wouldnt it ? We've paid out for the show up front ???

-mrploddy

apple_iBoy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2003
Philadelphia, PA
I am in the exact same boat, and am extraordinarily pissed off that the episode seems to be out there for people to buy, but will not download for me as a season pass holder.

I even tried downloading the episode for $1.99 (fully prepared to demand a refund if I were actually charged), but it still refused, albeit in shaky English.

We're not brats about the situation, but we don't exactly get to plan an evening of watching TV shows just any old time (we're a first year resident physician and 4th year Ph.D. student). We have been looked forward to watching this show since last month!

You really dropped the ball here, Apple. I'm going to have to rethink this season pass thing. As much of a pain in the ass as my recordable DVD player can be, at least I can count it on to actually deliver the show on time (and for free)!

zoetropeuk

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2002
Oxford UK
This always seems to happens to at least 2-3 episodes from my season passes. Last week I had to wait 4-5 days before being able to download the Law & Order, The Office, CSI NY and Numbers episodes

iTunes used to allow season pass holders to download episodes a day or so before making them publicly available which to me seems like the correct thing to do. Why this has reversed over the last 2-3 months is beyond me. I've now stopped buying season passes and will only buy individual episodes of shows I've missed. This will probably cut my itunes spend by around 50% and I assume I'm not the only customer that will do this.

There's just no way I'm waiting almost an extra week to get access to content I've prepaid for :(

I'm now waiting for CSI Miami, NCIS and Heroes to download :( Damn Apple, you suck sometimes.

Matt

apple_iBoy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2003
Philadelphia, PA
When I was in high school, I had a job with one of the scuzzy Bell phone companies, and this kinda of behavior was rampant. If you already had your mitts on someone's money, they got treated like crap, in favor of the customers you were still pawing after, who got the the first class treatment.

I expected more from Apple, but I guess business is business.

By the way, I was STILL unable to download my episode this morning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.