PDA

View Full Version : Black iPod 80 gig (2 weeks old) Stolen!

erkanasu
Jan 23, 2007, 07:11 PM
:mad:
bastard broke my car windows and stole my baby(ipod)! $350 down the drain (with no spare cash). I files a police report, giving the serial, but should I contact apple for some weird reason I'm not aware of? Thanks

WildCowboy
Jan 23, 2007, 07:14 PM
You might be able to get them to flag the serial number in case anyone tries to bring it to Apple for service.

CanadaRAM
Jan 23, 2007, 07:14 PM
If you bought it using a Gold or premium charge card, you may have 90 days purchase protection through the charge card bank....

phungy
Jan 23, 2007, 07:15 PM
Sorry to hear, iPods are *hot* items as they are being stolen all the time, even here. I doubt calling Apple will help.

nickster9224
Jan 23, 2007, 07:58 PM
Apple does not do anything w/stolen iPods. But you could talk to your car insurance company and see what they will do if anything.

ReanimationLP
Jan 23, 2007, 10:36 PM
Should never leave these kind of things in your car, well, at least in plain view. Sucks though. :(

abbottpc.com
Jan 23, 2007, 11:02 PM
Should never leave these kind of things in your car, well, at least in plain view. Sucks though. :(

I agree if you just left it out in plain site, you may have been asking for trouble. Thats just like leaving your doors unlocked with a sign saying steal me.

holamiamigos
Jan 24, 2007, 12:07 AM
wow.. i would never leave anything that valuable in a car..

Joel Beason
Jan 24, 2007, 12:15 AM
same thing happened to mine, but I left mine in my dorm room, and then it was just gone one day. It sucks.

iCe Cube
Jan 24, 2007, 01:25 PM
sorry to hear dude

Dagless
Jan 24, 2007, 01:31 PM
I agree if you just left it out in plain site, you may have been asking for trouble. Thats just like leaving your doors unlocked with a sign saying steal me.

Yup. My parents drilled car safety into my head from a young age. I never leave anything on show, either stick it in the glove box or under a seat. In this day 'n age I don't see why anyone would leave something on show.

ipedro
Jan 24, 2007, 04:33 PM
My PowerBook was stolen in Hollywood last year from my car. I parked the car, with my backpack tucked under the foot rest, but the thief still got to it.

My home insurance paid for the theft and I got a MacBook Pro as a result! :D

gstorms
Jan 25, 2007, 12:45 AM
Sorry to hear but i definetly know how you feel. I got a 60gb ipod video for my birthday, unfortunetly about 2 months after I got it I accidently left it at my school library. About 2 hours later I finally realized it was gone but when I went back to the spot I left it at....needless to say it was no longer there. I have a 30 gb now but it still pisses me off when i think about it. Just for the fact that someone has my ipod with all my personal music, videos and pics.
I almost wish someone would have stolen it like they did yours, so I would have someone to blame besides myself.

darwen
Jan 25, 2007, 01:57 AM
Just lost my second one.... I feel stupid!

I dont usually loose things that valuble. The first one was at my school, similar story as above ^. This time though... I am not sure where it went. I took a train last week and I have narrowed down that I must have left it on the train. Both were 30 gigs.

I am to a point where I think, maybe I shouldnt get another one. Yet at the same time, I use it a lot. Loosing an iPod is tough because you need to justify the new purchase.

MeWannaMac
Jan 25, 2007, 07:17 PM
Its a shame you cant leave things in your car these days. I know from experience not to leave anything important in my car.

Some car insurance policies will cover items stolen from a car but you need to check this.

Not sure if contacting Apple will do any good. If it was me I probably wouldnt bother.