PDA

View Full Version : Moving a playlist to my iPod

Howard Brazee
Jan 24, 2007, 05:48 PM
I created a smart playlist, and iTunes shows all the songs in it.

But when I use iTunes to open my iPod, I see three movies in that play list instead of any songs.

I don't seem to be able to open that playlist's characteristics in my iPod (via iTunes)

Actually, at the moment - two folders in my iPod with smart playlist names show those three movies. One of those folders had my unrated songs when I played them this afternoon.

What am I missing?

mad jew
Jan 25, 2007, 12:40 AM
What sort of computer do you have? How does your iPod sync with the computer (full auto sync, playlist sync or manual sync)? What are the names of the playlists that aren't syncing properly. :)

Howard Brazee
Jan 25, 2007, 07:03 AM
My computer is a Windows XP clone (My wife has a new 24" iMac and my songs are on the iTunes there).

I think I have full sync.

One playlist is named "My Shuffle" - on the iTunes, it contains everything except for stuff on "Tour Tempo" (which has golf swing rythms). On the iPod (viewed in iTunes) it contains three videos.

One playlist is named "Unrated" - on the iTunes, it contains songs rated at less than one star - and I just modified it to exclude "Tour Tempo". On the iPod (viewed in iTunes) it contains three videos. Yesterday this had everything, but when it played "Tour Tempo", I had to change it.

I have tried dragging playlists to the iPod part of iTunes.

Howard Brazee
Jan 25, 2007, 02:37 PM
I played the playlists today - and they're correct. They were just wrong in the iPod listings in my iTunes. Trouble is, I can't see what's on my iPod while it is charging and mounted in iTunes, so use iTunes to see. And iTunes thought the playlists had different stuff in them.