PDA

View Full Version : MacRumors.com mentioned on TechTV

tazo
May 19, 2003, 06:29 PM
on tonights 'the screen savers', kevin rose mentions a rumor of a new pioneer dvd burner being included in powermacs; he says the rumor is from MACRUMORS.COM

just thought that was pretty cool.

arn
May 19, 2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by tazo
on tonights 'the screen savers', kevin rose mentions a rumor of a new pioneer dvd burner being included in powermacs; he says the rumor is from MACRUMORS.COM

just thought that was pretty cool.

heh....

well, I think he misread the report:

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/05/20030519114012.shtml

I simply mentioned that Pioneer announced a new model of a drive that Apple uses.

arn

MacFan25
May 19, 2003, 06:45 PM
I was just watching "The ScreenSavers" on TechTV, and they were talking about new superdrives. Leo asked if there was something on one of the mac rumors sites, and another guy on the show said macrumors.com.

i don't know if macrumors is mentioned regularly on techtv or not.

Glad to see the site is getting some exposure! :D

looks like tazo beat me to posting it :)

Laslo Panaflex
May 19, 2003, 06:50 PM
Kevin didn't say that they were going to be in powermacs, he said that there is a new pioneer drive coming out, and that macrumors had info on it.

arn
May 19, 2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Laslo Panaflex
Kevin didn't say that they were going to be in powermacs, he said that there is a new pioneer drive coming out, and that macrumors had info on it.

ah...

that makes more sense... :)

arn

tazo
May 19, 2003, 07:16 PM
sorry for posting in the wrong forum :(

Kwyjibo
May 19, 2003, 07:22 PM
yeah he had macrumors.com listed as one of his favorite sites so finding news here is not a surprise. His forums are growing at kevinrose.com but they are kinda crappy.

MrMacMan
May 19, 2003, 09:03 PM
Arn better start saying for another server, you might become too popular. :eek: ;)

Just lets never hope we get /. see macrumors go bye-bye.

garzy
May 19, 2003, 09:14 PM
kevin rose is the coolest guy on that show. leo is cool too. patrick is annoying.

tazo
May 19, 2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by garzy
kevin rose is the coolest guy on that show. leo is cool too. patrick is annoying.

i like that mac guy, whats his name Brett Larsen or something? he is cool. :)