PDA

View Full Version : New Wide Nano?

davidjearly
Jan 26, 2007, 04:31 AM
Look at this ad on Apple's online store....

Whats with the width of the Pink Nano relative to the Black? Is this a hint at a future product (wider display) or is it that graphics artists commonly don't think about these things?

dalvin200
Jan 26, 2007, 04:32 AM
good spot..

hmmmm...

maybe cos you love him/her the extra 8mm ;)

Scarlet Fever
Jan 26, 2007, 04:44 AM
special edition Valentine's Day iPod Nano to be released 1st Feb! :rolleyes:

we can all dream, can't we...

dhc
Jan 26, 2007, 04:47 AM
maybe cos you love him/her the extra 8mm ;)

:rolleyes: :D

I think it's a perspective thing. The iPods are staggered in height and the pink one is closer, which may be why the logo isn't visable.

ezekielrage_99
Jan 26, 2007, 04:49 AM
I think it's an old iPod Mini for marketing purposes.

thefunkymunky
Jan 26, 2007, 04:51 AM
The image has gone from the Apple Store site now. Its been replaced.

bartelby
Jan 26, 2007, 04:54 AM
How wide is the Shuffle?

Could it be a pink one?

dhc
Jan 26, 2007, 04:55 AM
How wide is the Shuffle?

Could it be a pink one?

4.1cm

bartelby
Jan 26, 2007, 04:57 AM
4.1cm

Hmmm, ok.
It was just a thought.

davidjearly
Jan 26, 2007, 06:29 AM
:rolleyes: :D

I think it's a perspective thing. The iPods are staggered in height and the pink one is closer, which may be why the logo isn't visable.

I thought this as well at the beginning but its not a perspective thing because the pink iPod is just lying on top of the black one (i.e. there is no real distance between the two) so at most it would seem about 0.1cm bigger and not any more. The staggered height doesn't make any difference to the width and yes this is why the logo is hidden.

davidjearly
Jan 26, 2007, 06:30 AM
The image has gone from the Apple Store site now. Its been replaced.

No the image is still there on the UK store. Maybe I should have specified that at the beginning. Anyway aren't those images cycled. I don't think they stay the same everytime.

thefunkymunky
Jan 26, 2007, 07:11 AM
No the image is still there on the UK store. Maybe I should have specified that at the beginning. Anyway aren't those images cycled. I don't think they stay the same everytime.

Ahhh. Sorry. I didn't check the UK store.

shunpike
Jan 26, 2007, 10:59 AM
I think it's an old iPod Mini for marketing purposes.

i agree - looks like a mini

Note: just found this: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: Cool!

applelabs
Jan 26, 2007, 11:06 AM
They artist who photoshopped it had to make it larger so the engraving "On Valentines Day" would fit.

FoxyKaye
Jan 26, 2007, 11:32 AM
They artist who photoshopped it had to make it larger so the engraving "On Valentines Day" would fit.
Possibly, although the fact that Apple is so control freak about its image, its hard for me to imagine this kind of distortion making it through marketing.

I tend to think the designer was working with the wrong stock photos, but then again, there have been rumors of a 16GB flash-based iPod with a larger screen in the works - and Apple does have that Superbowl commercial set aside as well.

One thing's for sure, I'm not replacing my broken iPod until I see what the Superbowl commercial is all about...

oceanmonster
Jan 26, 2007, 11:35 AM
I think that that is more of a perspective thing cause the pink ipod is much closer to the "camera"

davidjearly
Jan 26, 2007, 12:26 PM
I think that that is more of a perspective thing cause the pink ipod is much closer to the "camera"

No, I've covered this already. It is not 'much' closer - it is lying on top of another Nano. Going on the 6mm width of a Nano, that would not change the perspective much at all.

David

MacBoobsPro
Jan 30, 2007, 05:59 AM
Look at this ad on Apple's online store....

Whats with the width of the Pink Nano relative to the Black? Is this a hint at a future product (wider display) or is it that graphics artists commonly don't think about these things?

Remember it is in front of the black one so will look larger. However I do agree it looks 'too large' for it to be a normal nano. Unless its an oversight by the design department. I would imagine putting that ad together with separate images of ipods then layering them and adjusting sizes accordingly. It could just be the designer made it too big. As for the pink? Who knows?

:D