PDA

View Full Version : Dented My iPod nano At The Jack

ppc_michael
Jan 26, 2007, 07:02 AM
I had my 2Gen nano in my shirt pocket. I bent over to put my shoes on, and it fell out, hitting the tile floor. I freaked out, but I didn't see anything wrong so I went to plug my headphones in, and it must have landed on the corner near the jack because that was dented in, and so was the jack hole (*snicker*). Just enough so that I can't plug them in. :(

I got this for Christmas so it's still relatively new. I don't suppose there's some warranty for my stupidity where I can get it replaced? :(

Fleetwood Mac
Jan 27, 2007, 09:58 PM
AppleCare won't cover this one.

If it hasn't been damaged internally, there's a chance you could force it back into shape. Its probably a trivial amount of pressure from the casing making it difficult to plug in the 'phones.

Best of luck!! :apple:

Edit: That jack does looks more bunged up than previously thought. You need more luck. Make sure you do everything in threes and don't open any umbrellas in doors.

bbarnhart
Jan 27, 2007, 10:05 PM
Try inserting closed needle nose pliers and then "open" them with a slight force to see if that jack will open up for you. The pliers will have to be very small. I'm trying to think of other things that might work. There's got to be something....