PDA

View Full Version : Funny post over at...

Bengt77
May 20, 2003, 05:09 AM
See for yourself:

============

Haven't you hung around these type of people before? The more obscure a product and the less people use it, the cooler you are. Example:

circa 1998:

Bob: I use Windows.

Bart: *nose in the air* Hmm. I hope you enjoy your indentured servitude, Gatesophile. I bet you can't even compile a kernel. Hell, my *mom* uses Windows.

circa 2002:

Bob: Linux really is great, I think I'm giving up Windows for sure.

Bart: *nose in the air* Hmm. Linux is all right, but monolithic kernels are so .. 1998. Besides everyone knows the GPL is evil. Personally I'm using Mac OS X on my iBook. I bet you don't even know how to unload a kernel extension. Hell, my *wife* uses Linux.

circa 2005:

Bob: Wow, you're right Mac OS X Bobcat 10.5 is awesome, I love how my PowerBook's desktop automatically transfers to my iPad whenever I unroll it.

Bart: *nose in the air* Mac OS X? Please, it hit its peak at 5% market penetration. Now it's just another piece of closed source software. Personally, I use GNU/HURD. Hell, my *son* uses Mac OS X.

Bob: I bet you use Opera don't you?

Bart: I certainly do. Version 10.0 finally supports CSS style sheets. I bet you don't even know what that is, trendmonkey.

============

Found that rather funny and thought you'd all like to read it. The thread is here (http://slashdot.org/articles/03/05/19/2213237.shtml?tid=185); this post is somewhere at three quarters from the top. The rest is not really interesting. At least, from what I hastily read.

applemacdude
May 21, 2003, 01:09 AM
ah...not that funny

shadowfax
May 21, 2003, 01:32 AM
screw him, that's classic dude. good stuff :D

RandomDeadHead
May 21, 2003, 02:03 AM
I think I missed something.:confused:

ibookin'
May 21, 2003, 05:12 AM
Very funny. :) :D

applemacdude
May 21, 2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Shadowfax
screw him, that's classic dude. good stuff :D

:mad: ...well that's my opinion...:rolleyes:

MacBandit
May 21, 2003, 09:03 PM
Hahahaha so true, so true.:D

andrewlandry
May 21, 2003, 11:13 PM
ouch for Opera - that crap is funny! :)

applemacdude
May 21, 2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by andrewlandry
:mad: :rolleyes:

Bengt77
May 22, 2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by andrewlandry

Opera is soooooo slow on a Mac; unusable. At least version 6 is. On a PC it might be okay, but on our platform it's ... oh wait ... is that Moto's fault?

Yeah, let's blame Motorola!

:p

OutThere
May 22, 2003, 08:00 AM
who would ever use opera when there are tons of free browsers that are better....i dunno. Funny post though!:D