Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kalns

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2006
I am about to order one for working in Maya and Photoshop and and frankly I just want something to drool over as I wait. :D

mergemedia

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2007
USA
IMG.CX_245_c.jpg

TaylorB

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2006
Hmm, this thread is tempting me to buy a new monitor....I have been eying the 24" Dell LCD and the 23" ACD for a while now. :D :)

Hi there. I have a 2407WFP and I was contemplating between the 23" ACD and the Dell 2407WFP and I think the price and all of the ports and things like that is what pushed me to buy the Dell. It is really great, once I get everything somewhat organized I will put a picture up. So anyways, if you are thinking about a 2407WFP, I say definitely get it. :)

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Hi there. I have a 2407WFP and I was contemplating between the 23" ACD and the Dell 2407WFP and I think the price and all of the ports and things like that is what pushed me to buy the Dell. It is really great, once I get everything somewhat organized I will put a picture up. So anyways, if you are thinking about a 2407WFP, I say definitely get it. :)

Thanks for the input TaylorB, I must admit that I am swayed by the fact that the Dell 2407WFP is a good deal cheaper. The 23" ACD definitely looks nicer in my opinion, but not sure if I can use that to justify for the price difference. :)

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
Whoops, sorry, didn't notice the background request until now. I don't remember where I got it exactly, I'm actually fairly sure it was from one of the "background pics" thread, maybe Feb? I unfortunately don't have the picture anywhere anymore, since I changed computers and foolishly didn't transfer my backgrounds folder over. Sorry. :(

Anyways, updated setup (and why I no longer have the pic):
setup.jpg

I use just the 24" screen, but leave the MacBook open (screen off) in order to let it cool better.

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
How do you leave the screen open yet have it off?

I hook it up to the external display when it's closed, and then wake it with an external keyboard/mouse. Once it's awake and displaying on the 24", I can open the case, and it doesn't wake the laptop screen. It'll only turn the laptop screen again if I unplug the 24".

saxondale.

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2006
England/China
Thanks. Also, what did you use to cover your laptop keys?

edit: actually looks like you have cut of a piece of that stuff which already comes with it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.