PDA

View Full Version : The Final Truth: 24 Season Finale

Kwyjibo
May 20, 2003, 04:12 PM
My download finished: thanks bitTorrent. I watched the whole episode and its shocking. I won't say what happens but
1) Cliffhanger - someone won't be back next season, someone important- sets up a season three plot that could immediately follow season 2 timeline.
2)Great Dynamics between the characters.
3) Does jack bauer kick a$$ as always? definately.

I started this thread to make sure everyone watches and to discuss it after it airs. I think you'll love it, time for my 24 withdrawls.

job
May 20, 2003, 04:24 PM
What time will it be on?

I'm in Texas so it will be CMT.

MacFan25
May 20, 2003, 04:27 PM
i dont watch it, but im pretty sure that it comes on at 9 in the east.

job
May 20, 2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by MacFan25
i dont watch it, but im pretty sure that it comes on at 9 in the east.

So that's what, 10PM CMT? :)

Kwyjibo
May 20, 2003, 04:31 PM
It comes on at 8pm in the central time zone.

job
May 20, 2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Kwyjibo
It comes on at 8pm in the central time zone.

Thanks, I always forget if I'm one hour ahead or one hour behind. :)

Sounds stupid, but after living in so many time zones you loose track of all the specifics.

wdlove
May 20, 2003, 05:12 PM
What network is it located?

MacFan25
May 20, 2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
What network is it located?
Fox

Royal Pineapple
May 20, 2003, 06:09 PM
im recording it on my PVR but ill probibally watch it live as well i havent followed the whole season, but the ones i have seen are great.

wdlove
May 20, 2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by MacFan25
Fox

I'ts on at 9pm EST here in Boston! ;) "Day 2 7:00 - 8:00 AM"

rice_web
May 20, 2003, 09:08 PM
Wow. That was the dumbest--for lack of a better word--ending to an already failing television series.

Aside from this season's constant drift into no-script land, this ending seemed to have been thrown together with no real reason. And what happened to Siyed? Nina?

The first season was perfectly crafted, and this season let me down. Oh well, maybe they'll actually have something interesting next season.

Kwyjibo
May 20, 2003, 09:45 PM
siyed was killed by john wallace... that was a big event. Nina was taken back in after the stand off. I've realized something tho in the long run. Jacks a pretty bad agent.

Prevent Nuclear explosion: Didn't do it
Protect President Palmer: Probably dead now, guess all of season 1 was wasted. It was great to see mandy again tho :) sooo hot.

Royal Pineapple
May 21, 2003, 02:19 AM
I liked the show.
what will happen next season?
was the president killed?
if so jack will have to find out who. this could go even further if the VP turned P dosnt like jack and decides not to support his investigation into the death of boomer.
i'm not a good writer, which is prolly why im not working for fox. which is a good thing because the plots for next season would be quite thin and dry, and that would be a bad thing. because jack and his friends would not have good lines to say and the entire show would be wasted. which would then take away from our primetime telivision viewing experiance. and the entire population of the world who watch the show would have nothing to watch and would have to sit and enduire longer episodes of Americian Idol:eek: :eek:

Foxer
May 22, 2003, 04:03 PM
OK. Didn't like the finale. Where was Nina? Why didn't the snivelling little trouble maker at CTU (Carrie?) get her comupance? I was sure she was going to accidentally wander into the CTU lion holding room. They made us just HATE her, and then she's basically written out of the final episode.

So Palmer is dead, badly wounded or extremely sleepy. This would lead one to think the next episode happens the next day. But Jack is near death and, even if his heart hadn't stopped a couple hours ago, he's going on no sleep. IF they make him stay awake for another 24 the bounds of believability will be broken.

And, I say again, where was Nina. Sure she was in custody, but she wasn't dead, she was somehow involved in the whole thing, and she whispered something to Jack before they took her away.

And what happened to Shari Palmer? No idea.

Could have been much better.

Foxer
May 22, 2003, 04:04 PM
And when did Pedro Soriano become President anyway. To think that a Cuban-born adhearent to VooDoo could become President of the United States. What a dream world.

evoluzione
May 22, 2003, 10:57 PM
so who's this Mandy??? was she the girl that shook Palmer's hand????

I was wondering where I'd seen her before, and I still can't for the life of me think where, was it 24???

I agree, the last episode was kinda lame (in comparison), still thoroughly enjoyed it mind, and the penultimate episode i felt the same way too.

jefhatfield
May 23, 2003, 05:30 AM
so far we know that the oil company or companies have higher ups that planned to up the price of their oil by starting a war in the middle east

so that is the truth of season 2

but apparently, not all the players were flushed out...were there other players from outside the oil company interests who were bad guys, too?

i guess season 3 will prove if it's the oil company exec(s) alone, the oil company exec and some other party or parties, or someone else altogether besides the oil company exec(s)

when i look at the story line in what is supposed to be a 24 hour time period, then i realize that more than three of four major events is preposterous...each hour has at least several earth shaking events which makes for a really packed day

how many times, and by how many different people was jack attacked? how many did he chase or how many chased him? how many calls to the white house?

but the show is more about the action for a season than trying to be accurate for the events in a short, 24 hour period of time

to be truly accurate, there would have to be some seasons where not much happened and where jack bauer got some sleep and spent at least 8 shows off the script...but then who would watch that?

taeclee99
May 24, 2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Foxer
So Palmer is dead, badly wounded or extremely sleepy. This would lead one to think the next episode happens the next day. But Jack is near death and, even if his heart hadn't stopped a couple hours ago, he's going on no sleep. IF they make him stay awake for another 24 the bounds of believability will be broken.

President Palmer is not really dead. But the he let the world think that he is dead until he can find a way to control the raging spirit that dwells within him. DAH DAH DAH DAH!

taeclee99
May 24, 2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by evoluzione
so who's this Mandy??? was she the girl that shook Palmer's hand????

I was wondering where I'd seen her before, and I still can't for the life of me think where, was it 24???

Mandy is the lesbian from Season One of 24. She parachutes from a 747 right after she bangs some dude in the restoom and right before the plane explodes.

jefhatfield
May 24, 2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by taeclee99
Mandy is the lesbian from Season One of 24. She parachutes from a 747 right after she bangs some dude in the restoom and right before the plane explodes.

so then that means all seasons are loosely connected

is that to keep former 24 fans interested in the coming seasons?

remember the batman tv series where the badguys kept coming back and the masked duo's work was never really done? perhaps 24 will always have some evil, big business interests coupled with palmer's enemies always threatening the good guys and jack bauer will always have another season to again foil their plans

i guess past tv shows have shown that tying in different shows and seasons keeps the viewers coming back for more