Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hysteria

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
I have a Macbook Pro, the one with 1 gig RAM, 2.16Ghz processor, etc. I recently installed Boot Camp and put XP Home on the other partition. Whenever I boot up into OS X or Windows the time is always wrong, I have them both set to automatic, and they are both in the right time zone and I always correct it and lock the Mac time, but still it is always a few hours back, and in OS X the lock gets unlocked every time I reboot...

Also, this may be more of a Steam problem, but on XP 8/10 I run Counter Strike 1.6, I'll refresh the servers and it works fine, then I click one, and it won't connect, it says the server stopped responding and my connection is killed. I can't get into Firefox or update anything, but in Steam the game I'm still updating works, and is downloading the file. The only way to make it work again is to reboot into OS X and run the Network Assistant, which crashes 90% of the time for some reason. And if I just run diagnositcs it says that my connection is working properly. Help please.

Any ideas??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.