PDA

View Full Version : mac is getting behind everyone

atomwork
May 20, 2003, 05:33 PM
hi all. I just have to bitch a little bit. Pardon my french:) But i am frustrated with this petty G4

But since i am getting more and more into 3D or advanced motion graphics it ridiculous to see that my dual mac is slow. Even worth is that PC seem to take over the design site more and more. May be soon I have to jump over the beautiful design and take what really saves me time. Sucks to render 35 hours on a combustion file because motion blur is heavy used. A PC could have done this in 5 hours....

Wanted to share this link also. A bit outdate but still scary. May be you guys in Cupertino start thinking about us pros again and not the mainstream happy families with iphoto and imovie!!!

Sorry my english. Second language... tried my best.

http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/2002/11_nov/reviews/cw_macvspciii.htm

strider42
May 20, 2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by atomwork
hi all. I just have to bitch a little bit. Pardon my french:) But i am frustrated with this petty G4

But since i am getting more and more into 3D or advanced motion graphics it ridiculous to see that my dual mac is slow. Even worth is that PC seem to take over the design site more and more. May be soon I have to jump over the beautiful design and take what really saves me time. Sucks to render 35 hours on a combustion file because motion blur is heavy used. A PC could have done this in 5 hours....

Wanted to share this link also. A bit outdate but still scary. May be you guys in Cupertino start thinking about us pros again and not the mainstream happy families with iphoto and imovie!!!

Sorry my english. Second language... tried my best.

http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/2002/11_nov/reviews/cw_macvspciii.htm

Hold your complaining until after WWDC and see if anything manifests itself there. If the 970 comes out then (and if doesn't, I feel fairly certain it will appear relatively soon thereafter), you will find a very powerful, very competitive mac available for you.

atomwork
May 20, 2003, 06:00 PM
that'd be nice. I really could need this. Would save so much time.