Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
do some market analysis, u dream too much, M$ has many products, apple is not their only inspiration. and apple's strategy is not necessarily fits them neither.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Microsoft has said that a phone version is a definite possibility for the Zune branding.

Not that the Zune branding really holds water at the moment - still no word on an O/S shipping date - I really get the feeling MS was using the US as a litmus test for the rest of the world. If one of the largest, most affluent markets in the world doesn't like it why would any of the others?

classof2011

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
Flying with American Airlines
Microsoft has said that a phone version is a definite possibility for the Zune branding.

Not that the Zune branding really holds water at the moment - still no word on an O/S shipping date - I really get the feeling MS was using the US as a litmus test for the rest of the world. If one of the largest, most affluent markets in the world doesn't like it why would any of the others?

According to MacRumors.com it's rumored to be out around Holidays '07. I personally think it would turn out to look worse than the Zune...prune...

Kyffin

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
Had I read it three (and a half) years ago I would have posted then; however, I feel my comment rings true to this day.

Regards,

K :)

Last edited:

sniffies

macrumors 603
Jul 31, 2005
somewhere warm, dark, and cozy
fuuu[1].png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.