PDA

View Full Version : where do u guys get your desktop images?

eyelikeart
Mar 7, 2002, 03:26 PM
I used to get mine from www.macdesktops.com....however they have been down for a while and I can't find much I like on the net otherwise.

I would love to get a nice desktop with Frank Sinatra on it....so if anyone happens to have one and wouldn't mind sharing I'd be grateful...

if not....any leads on some good sites would be appreciated! :p

King Cobra
Mar 7, 2002, 03:35 PM
Hey, eye.

Have you tried www.spymac.com ? I know, their site has a bunch of false rumors, but they have a variety of pictures and icons here:
http://62.4.68.250/spymacicons/index.php

mac15
Mar 7, 2002, 03:46 PM
www.digitalblasphemy.com has the best one
but the site is slow as

britboy
Mar 7, 2002, 03:48 PM
normally i get my desktop backgrounds from www.digitalblasphemy.com. They have a good selection of free pictures.

Taft
Mar 7, 2002, 04:22 PM
I might seem boring, or seem like a "square", but I can't stand fancy background images underneath items on my desktop.

For me the apple default patterns and plain colors works just fine. I know this wasn't the answer you were looking for. Sorry. :)

Matthew

mac15
Mar 7, 2002, 04:28 PM
or try windows sites
they don't have to be all mac (or do they)
anyway just search for some at www.google.com

Beej
Mar 7, 2002, 04:36 PM
mac15 - no, there are no specific Mac or Windows desktops. They are just picture files, and you can set pretty much any picture you see on the Internet as you desktop picture.

Where do I go? I go nowhere. I make my own. It's fun. I love Photoshop :D

teabgs
Mar 7, 2002, 04:44 PM
My current Desktop pic is a picture of my room that I made in Maya. Usually though, I like to vary it up with pics from all over the internet that I like...either from Movies, or music, or mac ones.

cleo
Mar 7, 2002, 10:22 PM
www.resexcellence.com has some great desktops and links to artists' sites.

Rower_CPU
Mar 7, 2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
I used to get mine from www.macdesktops.com....however they have been down for a while and I can't find much I like on the net otherwise.

I would love to get a nice desktop with Frank Sinatra on it....so if anyone happens to have one and wouldn't mind sharing I'd be grateful...

if not....any leads on some good sites would be appreciated! :p

I know they had one on MacDesktops, but since it's gone, there's one on ResExcellence, just search for the term Sinatra...it's holiday related, but oh well.

Gotta love Old Blue Eyes!

jaykk
Mar 7, 2002, 11:25 PM
This is where i received my current desktop
http://www.mobiusco.com/
and
http://www.theapplecollection.com/

buffsldr
Mar 8, 2002, 12:09 AM
What i really like to do is put up a background photo I like of something personal. Not necessarily a picture of the family, but even a cool shot that I got, or someone I know took. It makes it all the more personal, and I like that.

Sratner
Mar 8, 2002, 12:12 AM
Check out this site ssome really cool ones here....

http://www.macgrounds.com

eyelikeart
Mar 8, 2002, 01:02 AM
Frank....Sammy.....Dean.....

thanks so much....everyone for giving me advice on where to look...

I found what I wanted on resexcellence.com....

thanks for the suggestion cleo & Rower_CPU!! :p

mymemory
Mar 8, 2002, 09:43 AM
Do you think I bought a $3.000 worth of equipment, $65.000 in multimedia education and hours spended is hacked software to download picture for my desktop?

I make my own desktop pictures. I'm a creative person that is why I own a Mac.:cool:

blakespot
Mar 8, 2002, 09:59 AM
Take my own w/ digicam, scan in something from a magazine, or do a google search for "desktop backgrounds 1024".

blakespot

eyelikeart
Mar 8, 2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by mymemory
Do you think I bought a $3.000 worth of equipment, $65.000 in multimedia education and hours spended is hacked software to download picture for my desktop?

I make my own desktop pictures. I'm a creative person that is why I own a Mac.:cool:

I don't think that's really relevant here.....I can not make my own picture of Frank Sinatra....

and if we want to compare what we do here:
I'm a full-time production artsit for a print company, I do freelance design on the side, I write, I guess I could call myself a freelance photographer as well...

creativity....yes....but time is something I don't have much of....

I bought a $3500 laptop last year....as well as have a graphic design education that I'm paying for....what the cost of all of this having to do with a desktop image is beyond me....so if we're going to have a pissing contest then so be it...

britboy
Mar 8, 2002, 11:32 AM
i'm sure there should be some anecdote about 'pissing into the wind' to go with that! :D :p

3G4N
Mar 8, 2002, 12:50 PM
Mix & Match Collage of found digital pieces off the internet,
also from my dvcamera, old scaned photos, and such...

Then give myself 30min, or an hour of exploration to come
up with something aesthetically pleasing, visually interesting...

I like the natural sciences, so fishing in .edu waters
occasionally produces gems like this...
http://remf.dartmouth.edu/images/insectPart1SEM/

-3NJoY