PDA

View Full Version : Apple Product Update Tomorrow?

Pages : [1] 2

MacRumors
Jan 29, 2007, 06:06 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

Rumors are floating that Apple may be updating their product line tomorrow.

ThinkSecret believes (http://notes.thinksecret.com/secretnotes/0701tuesdaynote.shtml) that display price drops, or perhaps the rumored display update (http://www.macrumors.com/2006/12/29/8-core-mac-pro-in-january-displays-too/) may be the focus of the update, with Clovertown-based (8-core) Mac Pros perhaps in tow.

Meanwhile, AppleInsider believes that the update will come in the form of an additional iPod model (http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2451). The site is careful to note that the new model is not expected to be anything revolutionary, but rather possibly a new color or new edition of the iPod. Such an introduction could see a rumored Beatles special-edition iPod, or a 2 GB (Product) RED iPod Nano.

Of course, the possibility remains that both (or neither) sites' scenarios could come true. A check of MacRumors' Buyers Guide (http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/) indicates that while none of the products mentioned are in dire need of an update, sufficient time has passed for each product that an update would not be unexpected.

oceanmonster
Jan 29, 2007, 06:09 PM
It will be very interesting if they do.

Flyinace2000
Jan 29, 2007, 06:09 PM
This seems out of the blue.... granted i will buy a widescreen ipod if they ship one tomorrow.

direzz
Jan 29, 2007, 06:11 PM
This seems out of the blue.... granted i will buy a widescreen ipod if they ship one tomorrow.

same.
touch screen please?

drb6
Jan 29, 2007, 06:11 PM

yeah i would be really tempted. but a beatles edition would be welcome too

HyperX
Jan 29, 2007, 06:12 PM
I am calling it. Bootcamp updated to officially support Vista tommorow ;P

boxandrew
Jan 29, 2007, 06:13 PM

I would too since my current iPod shows the sad iPod icon on a regular basis. But wouldn't it be a bit out of character to release something like that without inviting the media to a special event?

phungy
Jan 29, 2007, 06:16 PM
Tomorrow will either be a great day or a disappointment. I hope its not the latter.

TraceyS/FL
Jan 29, 2007, 06:17 PM
Well, i'm all excited for tomorrow now - but i figure it can't end up being any worse than today. LOL!

I did notice that for the first time in a week there was no refurbs added. Well, they weren't added Sunday OR today. Up till then, every day has had new ones!

happydude
Jan 29, 2007, 06:18 PM
we've been waiting for clovertown to replace our old 733 G4 [windtunnel] quicksilver. though, i don't expect tomorrow will be the day. sure would be nice though . . .

macman2790
Jan 29, 2007, 06:19 PM
maybe vista 2.0, i mean leopard will be launched alongside vista tomorrow. by the way, has anyone seen the bill gates edition of vista, it makes me even more likely to bite my tongue and not buy it for $29.99 at my school.

bigandy
Jan 29, 2007, 06:20 PM
seems a bit out of the blue...

maybe they're just doing better hiding secrets :rolleyes:

SkyBell
Jan 29, 2007, 06:22 PM
I doubt Apple will do anything tomorrow ( I HATE THIS KEYBOARD!; THE A KEY KEEPS GETTING STUCK!) and if they do, it wont be anything big.

Or maube they will. Did someone say "Leopard"?

/dev/toaster
Jan 29, 2007, 06:22 PM
I hope they announce the shipment of the AppleTVs ... I want mine yesterday :D

hsl
Jan 29, 2007, 06:24 PM
I hope i can order my new macbook pro tomorrow.. or else a widescreen multi-touch ipod 100GB :)

Zwhaler
Jan 29, 2007, 06:25 PM
I hope there are new displays, I can use dual 20's!

Me1000
Jan 29, 2007, 06:26 PM
interesting choice of dates!

"crosses fingers for full screen iPod"

I would have to die if apple put out leopard though! that would be amazing!!!!!!!!!

:apple: for vister! :p

/dev/toaster
Jan 29, 2007, 06:26 PM
Isn't the release date of Vista tomorrow ? Might be something to stab MS on their day of glory.

bigfoot
Jan 29, 2007, 06:29 PM
Put me in line for a wide screen ipod (would be my first ipod) and an updated macpro. I'll have a great day tomorrow if these two things pan out. But frankly after the disappointment that was MacWorld... I won't be loosing any sleep tonight.

phungy
Jan 29, 2007, 06:29 PM
Looks like I should sell my iPod nano if a widescreen is coming tomorrow. I don't think there will be a product update though. Surprise me Apple!

MacinDoc
Jan 29, 2007, 06:30 PM
Any product introduced on the day Vista appears on store shelves will be lost in the MS hype. Probably something very minor, like a 2 GB Nano RED, as suggested by AppleInsider.

Interesting that ThinkSecret suggested that if nothing is introduced THIS Tuesday, something may be introduced NEXT Tuesday (PowerBook G5, anyone?). Great prediction! Or maybe the Tuesday after that, or the following one, or maybe one in March...

From Win to Mac
Jan 29, 2007, 06:31 PM
They're getting Canary Trapped...

the two stories are so totally different. When has that ever happened !!!

Rhema
Jan 29, 2007, 06:32 PM
I bet leopard is coming out tomorrow. Just watch

LastLine
I just orderd a mini today - what to do if it's updated :confused:

roland.g
I want a Black iMac

twoodcc
Jan 29, 2007, 06:34 PM
It will be very interesting if they do.

yes it will be.....i sure hope something is released though.....anything....Apple needs to release something new

jonharris200
Jan 29, 2007, 06:35 PM
iPhone, surely?! We've been waiting for like... 3 weeks. ;)

MacinDoc
Jan 29, 2007, 06:36 PM
It's not even close to ready. About the only Leopard-related thing that could happen tomorrow would be a revelation of the new "top secret" features to make people think twice about buying Vista.

mark88
Jan 29, 2007, 06:39 PM
iPhone has been on apple.com too long already. Time for a change no doubt.

Hattig
Jan 29, 2007, 06:41 PM
Apple had better do something about their £529 20" display, however nice the panel used is. That's $1000, which is ridiculous. It was ridiculous a year ago. You can find top-tier manufacturer displays for £250 elsewhere, £300 for equivalent panels.

QCassidy352
Jan 29, 2007, 06:43 PM
if it's a Beatles iPod I'm gonna be pissed. And a 2 GB RED nano would only be slightly better.

MacinDoc
Jan 29, 2007, 06:46 PM
if it's a Beatles iPod I'm gonna be pissed
Why? Apple hasn't promised to introduce anything new and exciting tomorrow, and it's unlikely that Apple will want to share the spotlight with Vista anyway...

...unless Apple wants to upstage Vista with some stunning OS-related announcement...

SkyBell
Jan 29, 2007, 06:48 PM
It's not even close to ready. About the only Leopard-related thing that could happen tomorrow would be a revelation of the new "top secret" features to make people think twice about buying Vista.

That's a good thing too.

You might get a free upgrade, but I wouldn't worry about it. Chances of Leopard are pretty bad. (Although it would be interesting if they did release it tomorrow.)

FleurDuMal
Jan 29, 2007, 06:49 PM
Nah....I don't reckon it'll happen. But it'll be a nice surprise if it does. A display with HDMI or Component input would be nice, but I'll just keep on dreaming.

gugy
Jan 29, 2007, 06:50 PM
Any product introduced on the day Vista appears on store shelves will be lost in the MS hype. Probably something very minor, like a 2 GB Nano RED, as suggested by AppleInsider.

Interesting that ThinkSecret suggested that if nothing is introduced THIS Tuesday, something may be introduced NEXT Tuesday (PowerBook G5, anyone?). Great prediction! Or maybe the Tuesday after that, or the following one, or maybe one in March...

hahahaha,

That's how I see Thinksecret lately. They were good couple years back but since Apple went after them, they completely lost their reputation.
Sorry. Their time is over if you ask me.

LastLine
Jan 29, 2007, 06:52 PM
That's a good thing too.

You might get a free upgrade, but I wouldn't worry about it. Chances of Leopard are pretty bad. (Although it would be interesting if they did release it tomorrow.)Actually must confess Leopard doesn't bother me, as Ill need a family pack anyway to update the rest of the machines. It's more the thought of hardware updates :P

abadr
Jan 29, 2007, 06:53 PM
Does no-one think that they will just announce that appleTV and the new airport extreme are shipping, along with the $2 802.11N enabler? This would be on time, right?

zap2
Jan 29, 2007, 06:54 PM
I hope soo....I'm eagerly waiting for new Apple stuff...I bought :apple: TV but thats about a month from shipping, and iPhone well thats a few months off

Beatles iPod would be kind of cool, not sure if I'd buy it because I can see it as a 30Gb only

Object-X
Jan 29, 2007, 06:58 PM
Considering I have a display on Ebay right now, it would totall suck for me if they update them tomorrow. Let's hope my bidders aren't paying attention. Serves me right for procrastinating.

MacSyn
Jan 29, 2007, 06:59 PM
Rumored display update?

Damn! I just bought my 30" ACD yesterday in a non Apple local store.

Rocketman
Jan 29, 2007, 07:00 PM
A Leopard preview to deflate Vista sales are what I would bet on in the next 2-3 weeks.

Rocketman

zap2
Jan 29, 2007, 07:03 PM
I'd love, as it break down and cry love, to see an full screen iPod.

Needless to say I'd order one up...but that the kind of thing that could have come at Macworld, unless Jobs really want iPhone to get all the press coverage it could.

Spock
Jan 29, 2007, 07:03 PM

They will probably update your order with the new one if not you have a few days to return it for a newer model if released.

iJawn108
Jan 29, 2007, 07:05 PM
I am calling it. Bootcamp updated to officially support Vista tommorow ;P

bingo!:D

LastLine
Jan 29, 2007, 07:07 PM
They will probably update your order with the new one if not you have a few days to return it for a newer model if released.
Not on a CTO :( Oh well, if one'S released I'll just ring and politely inform them that it won't be happening ;)

age234
Jan 29, 2007, 07:09 PM
Both my 3G and 4G iPods are basically dead now, so I'd definitely jump on a touchscreen iPod, even without all the fancy internet stuff.

But I think that may affect iPhone sales, so there'll probably be nothing like this available until Christmas at the earliest.

daneoni
Jan 29, 2007, 07:14 PM
I wouldn't say no to a price dropped display update. I'm tired of arching and bending my back to get a good look at laptop displays.

RichP
Jan 29, 2007, 07:18 PM
Lets be realistic:

- No new portables, those will happen in the Spring with the introduction of Santa Rosa. We could probably lump the iMac in there too, as it is the same internal layout, pretty much, as the portables.
- No widescreen iPod, that would require a media event to release
- Apple is an MS competitor that has to use follower company tactics to outwit the MS giant. No way will they put Leopard head-to-head on Vista's release day. Especially if it wont be available for a few months.
- Updated screens could make sense. As well as/in addition to, iSight replacement. And when I say screen updates, I mean price drops and *perhaps* a new feature. There will not be a major aestetic change.
- An 8-Core MacPro, if we see a computer update, is #1 choice, #2 would be a Core2Duo Mini.

wildmac
Jan 29, 2007, 07:22 PM
Don't know what the specs will be, but this fits past history where they released updates to desktop CPUs ~3 weeks after MacWorld. Not a milestone update, more of a revB update.

So MacPro update it will be. (Which is what I've been waiting for every since my Dual 2Ghz G5 blew a processor)

crudsponge
Jan 29, 2007, 07:23 PM
this would be interesting timing IF Apple releases anything tomorrow.
1) vista being released today
2) the superbowl is this weekend. The biggest advertising day of the year really. -Rumored apple ads to appear at the super bowl. COULD apple release something this week... then Hype it at the super bowl? (Beatles iPod?, etc.)
we'll know a) tomorrow b) sunday night!

EagerDragon
Jan 29, 2007, 07:25 PM
Isn't the release date of Vista tomorrow ? Might be something to stab MS on their day of glory.

Not likely with no reporters. If they were going to poke M$ in the eye and hurt their Vista, they would have reporters there. I don't think is an announcement of the secret features either, again no reporters.
Maybe upgrade of the mini to core 2 duo.

Some_Big_Spoon
Jan 29, 2007, 07:26 PM
Meh. Still waiting for some productivity releases. I've bought everything that's available to help me do my work. Leopard, iwork, ilife, new laptops, anything that's faster and has more features would be welcomed. Until then, I guess they can just keep milking... MOO! :-)

EagerDragon
Jan 29, 2007, 07:27 PM

Return without opening.

Multimedia
Jan 29, 2007, 07:28 PM
Ready and willing to buy a 100GB 640 x 360 Widescreen Video iPod and 2.66GHz Dual Clovertown Mac Pro whenever they get them together.

sb58
Jan 29, 2007, 07:32 PM
doesn't anyone else see the problem with a Beatles iPod? they don't even have them on iTunes. wasn't there an arguement between the two?

EagerDragon
Jan 29, 2007, 07:32 PM
A Leopard preview to deflate Vista sales are what I would bet on in the next 2-3 weeks.

Rocketman
Agree if they have reporters. IMHO not without them.

RichP
Jan 29, 2007, 07:34 PM
Ready and willing to buy a 100GB 640 x 360 Widescreen Video iPod and 2.66GHz Dual Clovertown Mac Pro whenever they get them together.

Oh man, I would buy that 8 core right now just to do Alias and Maya rendering in Windows, then run OSX on it once PS3 goes universal. :D

Chundles
Jan 29, 2007, 07:37 PM
doesn't anyone else see the problem with a Beatles iPod? they don't even have them on iTunes. wasn't there an arguement between the two?

That's the whole deal - the most believable rumour I've seen so far is the announcement of The Beatles songs on iTunes at the Superbowl.

Apple, Inc. won their lawsuit with Apple Corps and the two have reportedly been working very hard to get The Beatles onto iTunes. The deal is supposedly a short-term exclusive deal and will delay the CD release of a remastered anthology with the CD release offset by online download sales from iTunes.

4God
Jan 29, 2007, 07:39 PM
Lets be realistic:

- No new portables, those will happen in the Spring with the introduction of Santa Rosa. We could probably lump the iMac in there too, as it is the same internal layout, pretty much, as the portables.
- Apple is an MS competitor that has to use follower company tactics to outwit the MS giant. No way will they put Leopard head-to-head on Vista's release day. Especially if it wont be available for a few months.
- Updated screens could make sense. As well as/in addition to, iSight replacement. And when I say screen updates, I mean price drops and *perhaps* a new feature. There will not be a major aestetic change.
- An 8-Core MacPro, if we see a computer update, is #1 choice, #2 would be a Core2Duo Mini.

Agreed! ;)

zap2
Jan 29, 2007, 07:44 PM

I think the idea is they would come to an agreement, get Beatles on iTunes, and as a peace sign release an iPod for them

Call42350
Jan 29, 2007, 07:45 PM
yeah i would be really tempted. but a beatles edition would be welcome too

Like the U2, you could get the Beatles A to Z and the Sgt. Peppers Movie along with other Beatles stuff! But what color would it be? White album white is pretty boring. How about the union jack...

Rocketman
Jan 29, 2007, 07:51 PM
this would be interesting timing IF Apple releases anything tomorrow.
1) vista being released today
2) the superbowl is this weekend. The biggest advertising day of the year really. -Rumored apple ads to appear at the super bowl. COULD apple release something this week... then Hype it at the super bowl? (Beatles iPod?, etc.)
we'll know a) tomorrow b) sunday night!

b

cherrypop
Jan 29, 2007, 07:53 PM
Apple: Give me a Mac to get excited about! Please? Remember the Mac?

wildmac
Jan 29, 2007, 07:53 PM
Like the U2, you could get the Beatles A to Z and the Sgt. Peppers Movie along with other Beatles stuff! But what color would it be? White album white is pretty boring. How about the union jack...

We all live on a yellow iPod....

Multimedia
Jan 29, 2007, 07:55 PM
Their next to closing segment is all about Windows Vista tonight. Perhaps Apple wants to try and get similar attention tomorrow evening in order to reduce the Vista buying surge.

Although, I can't imagine why anyone would want to buy Vista right away with so much security crap built into it. :confused:

CBS line is "Is It Worth It?" Anthony Mason says it has been delayed 2 years due to bugs. Then he proceeds to show a woman who, while testing it, asked Microsoft to add a "Burn" option inside their iPhoto rip off program. And so they did. Duh. :rolleyes:

I WAS the one
Jan 29, 2007, 08:05 PM
let me tell you:

If Apple Inc. Doesn't come with an iPod Widescreen (iPhone like without the phone capabilities) the iPod will died. You just can't show the world the next big product, mix three digital needs in one device and then tell consumers that the new SAME iPod "beatles edition" it's a great product... NO WAY.

Apple need to move foward from the old iPod design and concept. Today everybody is waiting for the iPhone, I know that a same kind of iPod in other color don't gonna make me buy it. I'll will compare it with the iPhone and the iPod as we know it today seems OLD right now.

for real, it's better not to show any new iPod if it not going to be a brand new design-concept device.

crazyjoeda
Jan 29, 2007, 08:06 PM
I wouldnt be surpised to see somthing exiting from Apple tomorrow, it would make sence to steal some of the spotlight away from Microsoft and Windows Vista.

BTW is it just me of does Windows Vista feel a bit cartoonish, I saw it demoed at the store today and it felt like it was just an even more animated version of XP. It has an unprofessional feel to it.

SkyBell
Jan 29, 2007, 08:07 PM
We all live on a yellow iPod....

That's be pretty neat, although it might be misintrepruted as a Livestrong iPod.

synth3tik
Jan 29, 2007, 08:08 PM
Seeing as MS will release "Vista" to the general public tomorrow, I think it would be funny to see Apple release 10.5 and pull all the attention away from Vista.

Then Steve can say "Oh and before we go, you all want vista to run on bootcamp right?, well too bad, it's a craptastic OS.":p

Bobthemonkey
Jan 29, 2007, 08:14 PM
well, if it is a bootcamp upgrade, these guys may have already got it

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/29/microsoft-demoes-vista-on-an-imac/

yes, yes, I know vista already works on bootcamp

chuckles:)
Jan 29, 2007, 08:17 PM
Seeing as MS will release "Vista" to the general public tomorrow, I think it would be funny to see Apple release 10.5 and pull all the attention away from Vista.

Then Steve can say "Oh and before we go, you all want vista to run on bootcamp right?, well too bad, it's a craptastic OS.":p

Vista would take attention away from OSX, not the other way around.

macFanDave
Jan 29, 2007, 08:21 PM
it has been over a month that you can buy an iSight camera from Apple.

My prediction is that part of an Apple announcement is either an updated iSight or displays with cameras built-in.

I'm still jonesing for AppleWorks X, but I think I am the only one!

gugy
Jan 29, 2007, 08:22 PM
Lets be realistic:

Ditto,

Right now the MacPro is the one to be update and get the octo-core. Display maybe a price drop and iSight like you said. BUT,
I am itching to buy the octo-core now, But I think Apple will wait until WWDC and have the MacPro redesign and new displays. a whole new system with the Octo-core.
On top of that Leopard will be here and Adobe probably will have CS3 out. So it makes more sense to have this new MacPro machine taking 100% advatage of native power with Leopard and CS3.
I want an widescreen iPod so badly, but I agree that it needs the special event.
Leopard, not happening. Steve said spring so, I believe him.

Dan Uff
Jan 29, 2007, 08:33 PM
Here's what I think....

-> New Airport Extreme now shipping
-> New :apple: AppleTV now shipping
-> Announcement date for shipping Leopard

The above products were announced either at (or during) MacWorld, so Apple wouldn't need another media event for the above.

...or...

New red iPod for Valentine's Day.

-Dan Uff

Some_Big_Spoon
Jan 29, 2007, 08:34 PM
Agreed. They have my money whenever they get around to putting the things out. I'm budgeted for a new tower, Leopard, iwork, ilife, widescreen ipod, and/or iphone. Time is money, and faster/better saves me time (cept for the ipod :-)

synth3tik
Jan 29, 2007, 08:36 PM
Vista would take attention away from OSX, not the other way around.

are you sure. from what I have been hearing its like "oh yeah, vista will be shipping with new computers and you can buy an upgrade" kind of bland and with out the fanfair...

digitalbiker
Jan 29, 2007, 08:41 PM
How about an newly designed 8 Core Clovertown Mac Pro with Boot camp updated for Vista and new displays. That way during SuperBowl, Apple airs a commercial that unveils the new design Mac Pro. After 30 years this is the fastest Mac ever built running OS X or Windows Vista.
Now have the best of both worlds!:D :D

daneoni
Jan 29, 2007, 08:45 PM
Only commercial i'm getting somewhat excited about is the Kevin Rose/Alex Albrecht/Go Daddy Superbowl ad.

SiliconAddict
Jan 29, 2007, 08:51 PM
I've got about 5GB of free space left on my iPod so I'm holding our for a REAL video iPod and not a fracking iPhone.

Thanks Apple for literally nothing.

SMM
Jan 29, 2007, 08:53 PM
Tomorrow will either be a great day or a disappointment. I hope its not the latter.

Yawn.......what a waste that would be.

aswitcher
Jan 29, 2007, 08:54 PM
Apple timing is all about getting back into the headlines with Vistas release.
I am still holding out faint hope for a multimedia mac mini. sigh...

Rocketman
Jan 29, 2007, 08:58 PM
http://www.hardmac.com/news/2007-01-29/#6367

"- The Mac Pros also have interchangeable processors. It uses a socket 771. It will accept all the Xeon 51xx series with a 1333 MHz bus (there are Xeons with a 1066 bus which would slow down the machine). The 4 core Xeons are also compatible.
Here is the list of compatible 1333 Mhz bus processors:
* Xeon 5130. 2 cores at 2 GHz and 4 MB of cache
* Xeon 5140. 2 cores at 2.33 GHz and 4 MB of cache
* Xeon 5150. 2 cores at 2.66 GHz and 4 MB of cache
* Xeon 5160. 2 cores at 3 GHz and 4 MB of cache
* Xeon E5345. 4 cores at 2.33 GHz and 8 MB of cache
* Xeon E5355. 4 cores at 2.66 GHz and 8 MB of cache
Again, the 4 core processors will make the fans spin faster. They use 120W versus 80 for a 3 GHz and 60W for the others.

In any case, you will most likely void your warranty by changing the CPU.
"

Rocketman

p0intblank
Jan 29, 2007, 09:00 PM
Awesome! Anything would satisfy me. :)

Analog Kid
Jan 29, 2007, 09:00 PM
Trying to release anything against Vista would be foolish. Aside from us, nobody would even hear them screaming into the wind...

I'm really, really hoping for a display update. Price drop would be nice, iSight would be great but what I really want is the gloss surface...

Widescreen iPod? Never...

ryanide
Jan 29, 2007, 09:04 PM
I'm hoping for a new 30" display that has dual DVI or HDMI inputs. That way you could switch between two connected computers, or your computer and a HD-DVD/Blu-Ray DVD player.

Also, I think the iPhone will have iChat AV capabilities that integrates with 10.5 and the iSight cameras built-in to all the laptops and new displays.

For tomorrow, I think a boot camp update that is vista compatible is a shoe-in.

SMM
Jan 29, 2007, 09:04 PM

I hope so too. WWDC did not hit on anything I was primarily interested in. Fortunately, I have developed an attitude, "It will come in due time". It tempers the disappointments to little more than a shoulder-shrug.

Stridder44
Jan 29, 2007, 09:06 PM
if it's a Beatles iPod I'm gonna be pissed. And a 2 GB RED nano would only be slightly better.

Seriously. Why not just spit in our faces?

Oh yay. An iPod with the Beatles signatures.
I'm so happy me crap turned purple and smells of rainbow sherbert.

twoodcc
Jan 29, 2007, 09:07 PM
Awesome! Anything would satisfy me. :)

me too...

RichP
Jan 29, 2007, 09:13 PM
Beatles iPod: "The White iPod"

oh wait..that was done in 2001 :D

SMM
Jan 29, 2007, 09:17 PM
Rumored display update?

Damn! I just bought my 30" ACD yesterday in a non Apple local store.

The store may very well have a buyer 'protection' program. I bought a 30" from Fry's, the day before they dropped the price from $1999 to $1499. I walked in a week later, showed the CS dude the receipt. He went to his terminal and spent a couple minutes looking. He came back and asked how I wanted the refund. I told him 'in-store credit'. He printed a form to that effect and I went shopping.

mashinhead
Jan 29, 2007, 09:18 PM
damn i just bought a display, which i might sell if there is a 24-26" black slimmer aluminum acd coming tomorrow.

macfan881
Jan 29, 2007, 09:24 PM
im hoping a mac mini with a ati chipset that would be nice esp since im planning to get a mac soon :) but i doubt apple would relase a widescreen ipod esp if its like the one like the iphone and would think that would steal the thunder that the iphone has coming into the summer if apple does come out with a touch screen ipod id think it will be right before the hollidays so i think it will either be new displays and or anouncment that the :apple: tv is availble in all stores and shipping

synth3tik
Jan 29, 2007, 09:32 PM
I do hope for something relating to the computer side of thing, I like the idea of a dual input display, that is something I could use. I just want something after MacWorld left me so ....lonely:(

brendanryder
Jan 29, 2007, 09:33 PM
a mac mini update
i really doubt it

Multimedia
Jan 29, 2007, 09:34 PM
I'm hoping for a new 30" display that has dual DVI or HDMI inputs. That way you could switch between two connected computers, or your computer and a HD-DVD/Blu-Ray DVD player.

Also, I think the iPhone will have iChat AV capabilities that integrates with 10.5 and the iSight cameras built-in to all the laptops and new displays.

For tomorrow, I think a boot camp update that is vista compatible is a shoe-in.Why hope for two when HP offers 3 Dual Link Inputs (http://www.buy.com/prod/hp-lp3065-30-wqxga-2560-x-1600-dvi-x-3-black-silver-widescreen-lcd/q/loc/101/203403527.html?dcaid=17379) already? :rolleyes:

jhurocstar
Jan 29, 2007, 09:39 PM
I picked up a clearanced Core Duo MB today at the university store and the sales guy told me that tomorrow they are releasing some updated macbooks with "more memory". Thats all he told me, so I thought that may be he didn't know what he was talking about, but the rumors here seem to corroborate we should expect something.

Multimedia
Jan 29, 2007, 09:42 PM
damn i just bought a display, which i might sell if there is a 24-26" black slimmer aluminum acd coming tomorrow.New Aluminum 27" Dell 2707WFP 1920 x 1200 for $1259 (http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=222-7315). Looks like it doesn't rotate like the 24" does though while their 24" 2407WFP is only $674 (http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-4335). But the Dell 3007WFP 30" is only $1274 (http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=W3007&s=dhs) so the 27" is way overpriced.

tcrab
Jan 29, 2007, 09:42 PM
I hope that they don't update the Macbook. I will be very disappointed if they did because I just ordered mine.

sam10685
Jan 29, 2007, 09:46 PM
I hope i can order my new macbook pro tomorrow.. or else a widescreen multi-touch ipod 100GB :)

i SERIOUSLY doubt it'll be anything major such as new macbook pro's, new ipod's or Leopard. maybe software or new displays...

GregA
Jan 29, 2007, 09:48 PM
Lets be realistic:

A Leopard preview to deflate Vista sales are what I would bet on in the next 2-3 weeks.It would be unusual timing to release something on the same day that Vista is released, unless it would be more highly ranked by news sites than the Vista launch (how important is the Vista launch, really? Will it be reported widely? Does it take alot, or hardly anything, to upstage it?)

Widescreen iPod? Sure... it'd be big news but the same stuff delaying the iPhone release would delay this, right?

Leopard preview? Very interesting. You'd need to show all the secrets AND let journalists start playing with it so they could compare. Most PC mags have written their Vista articles... I'm not sure that the preview would beat the MS announcement in the papers.. it'd be an interesting side note that would slip without concrete info.

So what other possibilities? What would get attention? A new design MBP? A MacMini/AppleTV hybrid?

About the only thing I can imagine taking the headline would be an announcement that Dell will start offering OSX on its low-end desktops. That, in conjunction with a Leopard preview, would really get some attention. I DO NOT THINK THAT WILL HAPPEN! :)

iDave
Jan 29, 2007, 09:51 PM
...but what I really want is the gloss surface...

Why?

mashinhead
New Aluminum 27" Dell 1920 x 1200 for $1259 (http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=222-7315). Looks like it doesn't rotate like the 24" does though. And the 24" 2407WFP (http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-4335) is only $674.

yeah seen them both, i got the 24 didn't like it a lot of banding, and returned it, i was looking at the 27 until i saw it had the same resolution as the acd 23, at twice the price, until dell stops sticking every bloody port in the universe on their monitors and bothers upping the resolution, i think i'll pass.

SMM
let me tell you:

If Apple Inc. Doesn't come with an iPod Widescreen (iPhone like without the phone capabilities) the iPod will died. You just can't show the world the next big product, mix three digital needs in one device and then tell consumers that the new SAME iPod "beatles edition" it's a great product... NO WAY.

Apple need to move foward from the old iPod design and concept. Today everybody is waiting for the iPhone, I know that a same kind of iPod in other color don't gonna make me buy it. I'll will compare it with the iPhone and the iPod as we know it today seems OLD right now.

for real, it's better not to show any new iPod if it not going to be a brand new design-concept device.

OK. You have told me. I think your post has some merit, but it does not support your conclusion, sorry. I think you are right in stating that the iPod needs to keep current with Apple's leading-edge interface technology. But, why would anyone think they would not do that very thing? This is a company that is making all of the right strategic moves. I doubt if they really need to have the obvious explained to them. Do you not think so?

iAlan
Jan 29, 2007, 09:56 PM
Sorry if already discussed, I got to page 3 of this thread and just had to post before finishing reading the rest...

Has it been confirmed that Apple will have an advert at the Superbowl? If yes, then I don't think we will see a major release of anything on Jan 30th.

It would be more logical for the big guns to be brought out after the Superbowl -- even if hte big guns are not what was specifically mentioned.

Let's say the Superbowl advert is for a new iPod (Beatles, true Video, whatever) and the annpouncement of the Beatles on iTunes (a new album available every week or so and exclusively or whatever) then new Mac Pro s and monitors and maybe a special 30th anniversary iMac in clasic black

Why announce anything this week?

And I think the whole :apple: tv pre-announcement was to take focus off of the development of the iPhone and possible Video iPod as there was ever increasing speculation not only be rumour sites but in the mainstream media as well...

kansaigaijin
Jan 29, 2007, 10:00 PM

ya but the Beatles lost.

JonHimself
Jan 29, 2007, 10:02 PM
I don't think it'll be anything big, I mean.. come on... "Today Apple quietly released a 100gb widescreen, multi-touch iPod"? Highly likely, if not impossible. Probably just a bump/price drop to something like the mac mini or, as many have said, updated displays.

Stuka
Jan 29, 2007, 10:06 PM
I am just hoping for an OctoMacPro, so that I can spend all kinds of money in the morning when i wake up :D

Rocketman
Jan 29, 2007, 10:07 PM
well, if it is a bootcamp upgrade, these guys may have already got it

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/29/microsoft-demoes-vista-on-an-imac/

yes, yes, I know vista already works on bootcamp

That's just funny. Would someone please tell Meredith Viera who extolled the virtues of Vista Security this morning after a preview piece about Steve Jobs, iPod, and Zune. Before welcoming Gates :)

That was real TV. Gates declared the end of broadcast TV in favor of internet.

Rocketman

Rocketman
Jan 29, 2007, 10:11 PM
Has it been confirmed that Apple will have an advert at the Superbowl?

Yes.

Logic says iTV. Superbowl is a TV event, Leopard pre-announce, and iPod/iPhone reminder.

Rocketman

Surreal
Jan 29, 2007, 10:12 PM
let it be Logic.

Please.

Let it be Logic.

EDIT: i know it won't be because this type of fanfare would be largely ineffective. i also know it won't be because i want it to be.

arn
Jan 29, 2007, 10:23 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/2007/01/29/apple-product-update-tomorrow/

updated. sounds like 4 new shuffles.

BabyGotMac
Jan 29, 2007, 10:23 PM
We had an anonymous tip that part of the announcement would be about remote access to desktops from the iPhone. Perhaps a partner announcement?

http://babygotmac.com/a/129

p0intblank
Jan 29, 2007, 10:25 PM
$79?! That sounds a lot like iLife '07 to me! :D Yeah, yeah... Leopard integration, I know. I can wish, though.

Some_Big_Spoon
Jan 29, 2007, 10:28 PM
4 new shuffles!!??!??111?! Wow!

Back to not giving a ******. :rolleyes:

s10
Jan 29, 2007, 10:28 PM
-iLife 2007
-iWork 2007
-new wireless keyboard
-Product Red shufle

Analog Kid
Jan 29, 2007, 10:33 PM
Why?
I find the color reproduction much more saturated. I've got a 23" ACD and a Powerbook, both have an after-market film applied. Problem is that I haven't found the film outside of Japan...

sigamy
Jan 29, 2007, 10:36 PM
I'll join the looking-for-iLife crowd...iPhoto has been acting funny on my C2D iMac and I always need new features in iMovie and iDVD.

Analog Kid
Jan 29, 2007, 10:41 PM
Ever notice that government waits for the media to be distracted before dumping the bad news so that no-one picks it up? I'm a little wary of a product release on the same day as Vista...

Would be nice though to put a big new iPod display next to the Vista display with a sign saying:
"Wait until it's stable. In the mean time, enjoy some music."

You don't know that-- it could be $79 Cinema Displays, right? Please?

iWork, iLife are possible at $79 but releasing on Vista day would imply that there aren't many features. I've also been hoping that Job's comment that "everything's included in Leopard" meant iWork and iLife...

BRussell
Jan 29, 2007, 10:46 PM
A new shuffle doesn't really make sense. Are they bumping it to 2 gigs? Coloring it red? And how do they get 4 of them?

iLife and iWork makes more sense, but I don't know how they get to 4 things at $79.

mashinhead
Jan 29, 2007, 10:50 PM
A new shuffle doesn't really make sense. Are they bumping it to 2 gigs? Coloring it red? And how do they get 4 of them?

iLife and iWork makes more sense, but I don't know how they get to 4 things at $79.

maybe one is ilife, one is iwork, and one is a shuffle, and the and the fourth is the $30 increase on ilife and iwork, to use the .n capabilties.:)

MacinDoc
Jan 29, 2007, 10:51 PM
Yes, now that I think about it, since Vista is coming tomorrow, Apple software is unlikely. I vote for 4 colors of iPod shuffle, including one that is (Product) RED. That's all I expect for tomorrow anyway.

MikeLuna
Jan 29, 2007, 10:52 PM
Here's the deal... about 24 hours ago I paid $227.00 including shipping for an gently used Apple Isight webcam on Ebay. The very same camera I passed up buying 50 times over when it was availible everywhere for $149.00.

The very same camera I thought was a general waste of funds and that I never needed for my business.... until last week!!! Figures!

I am positive... At least one of the items released tomorrow will be the Isight replacement that will do everything perfectly well... the one will make me look 10 lbs lighter, 20 years younger and will make the best darn cup of coffee you've ever tasted and for only $129.00!!!

Story of my life!

Mike

dlastmango
Jan 29, 2007, 10:59 PM
Pink Blue Green Red... there are the new 4 shuffle colors. Same as the Nano's but Black wont be used since its only for the higher end model...

When would the update hit the website? 9am Pacific? or could it be at any time?

chubad
Jan 29, 2007, 11:06 PM
Yea! Colored shuffles! They should have called in the press for a special announcement.:rolleyes:
I'm going into withdrawal for actual Mac news. You know. The computer thingeys they used to update one in a while...:D

Spritey
Jan 29, 2007, 11:17 PM
Something really odd has happened. My Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo (refurb) shipped on friday(standard shipping), and it's left the FedEx place in Sacramento. The weird thing is that sometime today or yesterday I'm no longer charged for the computer.

Is this a sign that maybe they're releasing new Macbook pros, and thus we'll see a price drop in refurb computers and tomorrow they'll charge me the new amount? Or is it normal practice to reserve the amount, drop it, and then (I assume) recharge me a few days later? (Wouldn't mind a free computer tho hehe!!)

Cause if they release a new Macbook pro and/or drop the price of new and refurbs within the next 2 weeks, I'm of course going to return this and buy it again as a cheaper one.

I even called Apple on Thursday to confirm that everything was ok with the payment, which they confirmed.

EDIT: I've checked my account balance multiple times, and I'm definitely not charged for this computer, whereas I was before. And it still says it shipped on Friday according to FedEx. The order details on apple.com remain the same though (pricewise and all)

MrCrowbar
Jan 29, 2007, 11:20 PM
Pink Blue Green Red... there are the new 4 shuffle colors. Same as the Nano's but Black wont be used since its only for the higher end model...

When would the update hit the website? 9am Pacific? or could it be at any time?
Makes total sense to me. Shuffles have been great gifts, but I guess it can be annoying if everyone in the family has one and you can't tell them apart. Imagine the goth metal 14 year old with a spice-girl-fan sister accidentally mixing up their shuffles. Bad. Those things have no display, so you can't tell what music is on which. Now the girl can have fashion pink and the goth guy has bloody red.

Damn, a black shuffle would look wicked :cool:

iomar
Jan 29, 2007, 11:25 PM
Wow, now I look forward to tomorrow! i can't wait!

matticus008
Jan 29, 2007, 11:31 PM
It's naive to think that a preview of unreleased software is going to have any real impact on the sales rate of Vista.

They'd need something major in order to take top billing in the news. Anything Apple does is covered by the media, but Microsoft is THE story for 30 Jan. Apple instead will probably push out some unexciting new products just so it looks like they're not asleep this week.

are you sure. from what I have been hearing its like "oh yeah, vista will be shipping with new computers and you can buy an upgrade" kind of bland and with out the fanfair...
That's the same response XP got from the community, but tomorrow is Microsoft's day. Microsoft has spent a tremendous amount of money for the Vista launch. It also would not work to Apple's advantage to showcase anything about Leopard tomorrow. You never want to put your unfinished ship of dreams product up against a real, brand new product if you can avoid it.

Apple got a lot of mileage out of the 5 years XP sat around decaying, but now that Vista's here, they're back in the game and Leopard's going to need to pack a punch in order to stay ahead. With Leopard as it's been shown thus far, putting it next to Vista draws the inevitable comparison of XP -> Vista v. Tiger -> Leopard. Vista might be way late, but it's finally here, and Leopard is still months away and fairly lackluster without the "top secret" features, a refined and updated UI, or a super new iLife to complement it.

charkshark
Jan 29, 2007, 11:37 PM
I say:

1. AppleTV is now shipping
2. New Cinema Displays with iSights
3. A Core2 Mac Mini
4. a 2GB Product (RED) iPod Nano
5. 8 Core "Clovertown" Mac Pro
6. Colored iPod shuffles, same colors as the nanos, but no black. Possibly a red model
7. iLife & iWork 07 announcement

I think it is very plausible there will be a super bowl commercial announcing the availability of Beatles music on iTunes......no iPod.

j-a-x
Jan 29, 2007, 11:41 PM
Does anybody think there might be an iLife update?

MacUser4_20
Jan 29, 2007, 11:42 PM
MS Office comes out tomorrow for PC, maybe Mac will get an update??

aafuss1
Jan 29, 2007, 11:43 PM
I'm thinking that 2 of $79 products could be iWork/iLife '07, and the other 2-are shuffles in colors other than silver (eg. a RED version). Or it could be all shuffles.
As for Vista-it's already released here in Australia. So Apple could update Boot Camp to support Windows Vista.

Chundles
Jan 29, 2007, 11:43 PM
MS Office comes out tomorrow for PC, maybe Mac will get an update??

No, Office:mac 2008 is due out closer to the end of this year - Microsoft have already stated their release schedule for the Mac version of the new Office suite.

TheAnswer
Jan 29, 2007, 11:48 PM
A RED shuffle totally makes sense, especially with Valentine's Day just around the corner.

averyash
Jan 29, 2007, 11:52 PM
Let's take a step back for just a second.

Apple would be foolish to, and under no circumstances will, release Leopard without any fanfare and on the same day as Vista. Anyone reading here understands by how much Leopard will be superior to Vista, but the general public, and media included, would not give Leopard a lick of coverage on Vista's big day.

The idea of eclipsing Vista's coverage is an interesting one, but one that I can only really see as a slam dunk in one even remotely plausible way. In these weeks leading up to Vista, the technology world and public as a whole has been humming with iPhone fever. More specifically of late, iPhone skepticism. The important part in that Apple still has the headlines. A major announcement, a "one more thing," for the iPhone would be the only bullet that I see Apple having to fire that could independently steal Microsoft's precious press coverage tomorrow. It seems most likely that this would manifest itself in the revealing of the missing app (although I honestly expect this more likely in April/May to regenerate iPhone buzz and shock naysaying critics). While this is possible, and not a terrible idea for Apple from a business perspective, I don't see this happening.

The smaller releases discussed (while most likely what will happen... sigh) seems like a poor idea. Why release anything at all on the day that everyone will be watching Vista. It just seems to be such an illcalculated move.

The best strategy that I can see would be to use the hype for Vista to catapault Apple even further ahead. This would seem to be Bootcamp. While Bootcamp would be a nice idea, I worry if this would actually get any non-mac users attention tomorrow. If this were coupled with a Super Bowl commercial showing Vista and Leopard running together, would be an awesome move, but why waste that release on Vista's release date rather than just dropping it during the game itself for some instant wow factor. It just seems a little to risky.

I think Apple would be best to sit back and drop a couple of announcements a week or two from now rather than go toe to toe. This said, I'll begrudgingly agree that the colored shuffles make the most likely option that we would see tomorrow.

Sigh*

AJ Muni
Jan 29, 2007, 11:54 PM
Geez... its amazing all the ideas/crazy rumors people are throwing around. Why not just be patient and wait?..;)

averyash
Jan 29, 2007, 11:58 PM
Geez... its amazing all the ideas/crazy rumors people are throwing around. Why not just be patient and wait?..;)

The site is called "MacRumors"... this is a "forum"...

I think you might have been looking for www.applewaitandseewhathappens.com/nocrazyrumors/

AJ Muni
Jan 30, 2007, 12:00 AM
The site is called "MacRumors"... this is a "forum"...

I think you might have been looking for www.applewaitandseewhathappens.com/nocrazyrumors/

That was so funny I forgot to laugh..

/gettingsickofannoyingnewbies

Spritey
Jan 30, 2007, 12:01 AM

But that's what makes it so interesting though!

And if Apple "monitors" these forums (companies often do), they should be getting plenty of ideas for future products!! ;)

EDIT: not saying that they're not capable of getting their own ideas, because they've proven that pleeeenty of times

fenixx
Jan 30, 2007, 12:04 AM
I knew something what happen tomorrow, I've been seeing Apple commercials MUCH more than usual. (+Vista timing..., Apple needs to let the marketplace know they are not sleeping at the wheel, little updates, nothing huge)

My predictions;

1.) New Shuffles (this is pretty much a given now) in 4 colors
2.) Updated Displays, w/ Cameras, prices remain the same
3.) :apple: TV & Airport now shipping.

I think computer type updates [like 8Core Pro, updated iMac, updated Macbook Pro] will happen sometime later this month, or in February] so they can be released alongside Leopard.

jhedges3
Jan 30, 2007, 12:05 AM
I say:

1. AppleTV is now shipping
2. New Cinema Displays with iSights
3. A Core2 Mac Mini
4. a 2GB Product (RED) iPod Nano
5. 8 Core "Clovertown" Mac Pro
6. Colored iPod shuffles, same colors as the nanos, but no black. Possibly a red model
7. iLife & iWork 07 announcement

I think it is very plausible there will be a super bowl commercial announcing the availability of Beatles music on iTunes......no iPod.

Does anybody think there might be an iLife update?

It looks like charkshark does, for one. I know it can be tough to read the post right before yours.

applemacdude
Jan 30, 2007, 12:05 AM
ehh shuffles...

wheres my widescreen ipod, leopard and my updated 12 inch macbook mini ?

chubad
Jan 30, 2007, 12:06 AM
Something really odd has happened. My Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo (refurb) shipped on friday(standard shipping), and it's left the FedEx place in Sacramento. The weird thing is that sometime today or yesterday I'm no longer charged for the computer.

Is this a sign that maybe they're releasing new Macbook pros, and thus we'll see a price drop in refurb computers and tomorrow they'll charge me the new amount? Or is it normal practice to reserve the amount, drop it, and then (I assume) recharge me a few days later? (Wouldn't mind a free computer tho hehe!!)

Cause if they release a new Macbook pro and/or drop the price of new and refurbs within the next 2 weeks, I'm of course going to return this and buy it again as a cheaper one.

I even called Apple on Thursday to confirm that everything was ok with the payment, which they confirmed.

EDIT: I've checked my account balance multiple times, and I'm definitely not charged for this computer, whereas I was before. And it still says it shipped on Friday according to FedEx. The order details on apple.com remain the same though (pricewise and all)

Don't worry. They ping your account for the amount then remove it. On the day Fedex delivers it the final transaction will go through. You did not get your Mac for free, believe me.:rolleyes:

jhedges3
Jan 30, 2007, 12:09 AM

/gettingsickofannoyingnewbies

While you may be sick of annoying newbies, Iím sick of people who complain that people are discussing things and that we should wait. Iím not saying I never think we should wait and see. But there is some logic to the idea that it doesnít make much sense to complain that people are discussing things that havenít happened yet. How would you have it? Should we only just cover things that have already happened?

thejakill
Jan 30, 2007, 12:09 AM
it has been over a month that you can buy an iSight camera from Apple.

My prediction is that part of an Apple announcement is either an updated iSight or displays with cameras built-in.

I'm still jonesing for AppleWorks X, but I think I am the only one!

no you're not! i love appleworks and still use it. but i'm not waiting for any updates any time soon, especially with pages out now.

Spritey
Jan 30, 2007, 12:13 AM
Don't worry. They ping your account for the amount then remove it. On the day Fedex delivers it the final transaction will go through. You did not get your Mac for free, believe me.:rolleyes:

:p DAMMIT!!! :p

kansaigaijin
Jan 30, 2007, 12:14 AM
Leopard's secret feature is multi-touch display support.

One more thing,

ACDs with multi-touch input.

polishmacuser
Jan 30, 2007, 12:28 AM
Maybe it will be the new isight that we've been waiting for:D

SeaFox
Jan 30, 2007, 12:34 AM

-iLife 2007
-iWork 2007
-new wireless keyboard
-Product Red shufle

That's what I was about to say. iLife was $79 wasn't it? A $79 doesn't have to be an iPod Shuffle.

I was also going to express support for a Red iPod Shuffle (for $84).

The initial charge verification has expired without being finalized, so it disappears. Don't get your hopes up, the cost of your laptop will soon be flying out of your bank account. They'll just rerun it when they're ready to run the final charge.

Stridder44
Jan 30, 2007, 12:40 AM

1994 called. They want their joke back.

And yeah, I can't see any Leopard activity happening tomorrow (I want it too). Probably new shuffle colors. Maybe a low end iPod HiFi?

puuukeey
Jan 30, 2007, 12:42 AM
apple could eclipse vista coverage one way (if they wanted to):

release OS X for any intel machine.

that would drive bill gates fricking nuts.

puuukeey
Jan 30, 2007, 12:44 AM
either that or release a cross platform ilife/iwork

maxp1
Jan 30, 2007, 12:46 AM
Nothing will happen tomorrow. No products will be released, nothing previewed. It will just be another day.

Gherkin
Jan 30, 2007, 12:49 AM
iPod Shuffle updates?

OS X on iPod Shuffle? They said Apple will be porting the OS X Lite to other products.

Wild-Bill
Jan 30, 2007, 12:52 AM
I'm hoping for some updated Mac Pros, and new cinema displays that are REASONABLY priced. Their current display lineup is way too expensive for what you get.

GregA
Jan 30, 2007, 12:57 AM
either that or release a cross platform ilife/iworkHehe.... I hadn't thought of that.

Wouldn't that be funny.

p0intblank
Jan 30, 2007, 12:58 AM
Nothing will happen tomorrow. No products will be released, nothing previewed. It will just be another day.

I bet my life that you're wrong. :) Hold me to it.

SkyBell
Jan 30, 2007, 12:59 AM

You sound optimistic...:p

powerbuddy
Jan 30, 2007, 01:11 AM
O.k. I confirmed it......

I called up my friend from the Apple Store Houston Galleria( works at the Genius Bar), and asked him i wanted the Blue shuffle. He told me its in the inventory but not available. Tomorrow Shuffles in Pink, Green , Blue , Black. :apple:

kymac
Jan 30, 2007, 01:24 AM
I want to wake up and see..

glowingstar
Jan 30, 2007, 01:52 AM
the true video ipod, the ipod micro, the pequeno, and the invisa!!! :D

GregA
Jan 30, 2007, 02:00 AM
I want to wake up and see..

Bah... 5 coloured iPod shuffles. What a bore.

Imagine it:
Microsoft: We'd like to announce an OS 5 years in the making.
Apple: Oooh... our shuffles now comes in Pink & Blue!

danibo77
Jan 30, 2007, 02:11 AM

Imagine it:

That's what make apple so cool :)

I want to see a macbook with a NORMAL graphic card built in... (so that I can finally buy one..)

ahuman7341
Jan 30, 2007, 02:19 AM

Imagine it:

and apple would still get more media coverage.

cablecartman
Jan 30, 2007, 02:22 AM
Product releases... what about software instead.

Microsoft releases 4 flavours of Vista for hundreds of dollars each - each with only a subset of the functionality.

so the next day Apple trumphs them...

Apple releasing one version of Leopard that does the work of 4 different Vistas.. So it's prices are $79, $79, $79 and $79 ;)

(like the 3 product releases at MacWorld which were just 1 iPhone)

MacAngel
Jan 30, 2007, 02:31 AM
That's what make apple so cool :)

I want to see a macbook with a NORMAL graphic card built in... (so that I can finally buy one..)

Macbook Pro with a smaller screen + LED + a new design perhaps.... I m so greedy!! :cool:

lietsche
Jan 30, 2007, 02:35 AM
Hmmm,

I just ordered a 23" ACD 2 days ago and will be delivered today...

If there a pricedrops in the line (14 days from order date to pricechange date) I will be refunded the difference, right?

And I can return the ACD to Apple within 14 days? (In case there will be a major upgrade)

thanks for the info

matticus008
Jan 30, 2007, 02:43 AM
If there a pricedrops in the line (14 days from order date to pricechange date) I will be refunded the difference, right?
Yes, you have a 14 day grace period to get a price adjustment should the price change on a product you purchase.

And I can return the ACD to Apple within 14 days? (In case there will be a major upgrade)
Yes, although you may have to pay a 10% restocking/open box fee as stated in their terms. Sometimes, they'll waive the fee if you're polite and make it clear that you'll be purchasing other products rather than simply returning the product. The safe bet is just not to open the box for a couple days, if you're worried. I don't see new displays on the horizon for tomorrow.

damien341
Jan 30, 2007, 02:51 AM
while there is no chance for leopard tomorrow, it would be the perfect moment for apple to release their new os.

odedia
Jan 30, 2007, 03:01 AM
I'm pretty sure it's iLife 07'. At the earnings webcast they hinted pretty heavily on a very short release of iLife 07' ("we don't comment usually but... stay tuned.").

ezekielrage_99
Jan 30, 2007, 03:22 AM
either that or release a cross platform ilife/iwork

That would be a hot release because Vista's "iLife" styled suite is complete rubbish. If Apple does release iLife '07 tomorrow it might give us a little insight to what the newer features Leopard will have, anyway if it is released I'll buy it because it's more than worth it.

I'm guessing the release will be coloured iPod Shuffles, iLife '07 and a price drop/updates on the Apple displays. I do agree with Thinksecrets' view on the Dell displays compared to the Apple displays, Apple really needs to drop the price a little.

Bonte
Jan 30, 2007, 03:22 AM
apple could eclipse vista coverage one way (if they wanted to):

release OS X for any intel machine.

that would drive bill gates fricking nuts.

O, i'm waiting for this. Sooner or later it will have to happen and the Vista rollout seems like a good opportunity to me unless 10.5 isn't ready yet. Maybe now is a bad timing because all the extra work the OEM's have with the Vista launch.

Whatever, i'm keeping a bottle of good wine for when it happens.

a456
Jan 30, 2007, 04:09 AM

Perhaps they should have saved the iPhone until today, and discussed Leopard at the MWSF. I suspect this will be something minor, however, and that Vista will go largely unacknowledged by Apple, who thus far have done more to advertise it than MS - i.e. the Vista 2.0 banners.

hidea
Jan 30, 2007, 04:16 AM
Ooohh bloody nutter. The MP I ordered was shipped yesterday, and there's a prediction to update today for the Mac pro:/. And I'm expecting my MP to come today.

BLOODY HELL! bollocks :/.

I do have an ACD going back. Maybe I should give them a call and cancel it, and reorder the new ACD if there's indeed an update to the current ACDs.

Funny thing was, I did have a 'problem' to my shipping. Apple wouldn't specify what it was. Maybe they were trying to tell me that they're updating my system. It happened before (to the 15" MBP I think it was? Or Mac Mini?). And I gave 'em a hard time for not shippin' it on time. (I didn't exactly yelled and cussed and such, but I told them I want it to be shipped on the same day). I should've let them kept it delayed, then maybe I could change my configuration.

Comfort me :P :(

macFanDave
Jan 30, 2007, 04:43 AM
I hope that they don't update the Macbook. I will be very disappointed if they did because I just ordered mine.

They will probably give you the updated version for the same price. If you recently (like past week or so), I think Apple will let you trade it in for free as well.

hidea
Jan 30, 2007, 04:45 AM
it depends, if he custom ordered it, he won't be allowed to.

rdowns
Jan 30, 2007, 04:46 AM
while there is no chance for leopard tomorrow, it would be the perfect moment for apple to release their new os.

No, it wouldn't. With Windows market share, they would still get the bulk of the press coverage. Let's be real, it's only an OS and the vast majority of people couldn't care less.

Product introductions, like the iPhone, are what people care about. Look at all the press that got or how much press a new iPod introduction gets.

saxondale.
Jan 30, 2007, 05:20 AM
Maybe we have been staring at it for a while now...
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/1601/cptopvalentine07ho9.jpg

I might be wrong, but the pink iPod looks wider than the nano...looks like the shuffle...you might say 'where is the logo then?', well maybe they didnt put it on because of the fact it is a new colour shuffle...

Steve563
Jan 30, 2007, 05:29 AM
Thats a good spot. Definately wider. Must be a shuffle.

hidea
Jan 30, 2007, 05:29 AM

I might be wrong, but the pink iPod looks wider than the nano...looks like the shuffle...you might say 'where is the logo then?', well maybe they didnt put it on because of the fact it is a new colour shuffle...

then where's the clip mate?

illustratorDavi
Jan 30, 2007, 05:32 AM

Would have thought Steve would make a big song and dance about this and have a "showtime" style launch event.

Been disappointed by the last 3 apple events so going by that I expect it will be ipod additions :( Even though I am quietly hoping for macbookpro or macpro updates !

xJulianx
Jan 30, 2007, 05:33 AM
then where's the clip mate?

Most probably edited out by Apple so it didn't give it away completely. The pink iPod in the photo is a Shuffle IMO.

zap2
Jan 30, 2007, 05:37 AM
4 79 dollar things

iWork
iLife
iPod Shuffle in 2 Colors

isophia
Jan 30, 2007, 05:41 AM
Leopard: Unlikely - we're still seeing seeds coming out which suggests they havn't hit GM yet, and with no press conference type event or anything? Makes no sense not to mention Vista release etc.

ipods: Updates wouldn't seem out of the question - they are the one thing that is going to really give apple some coverage in the media and just in time for some media blitz for superbowl or whatever it is you guys go on about?

Displays: Oh for the love of all things apple they need an update. Update as in a price slash and perhaps a built in isight. They are so so so way of the price mark its rediculous and i find myself buying dell monitors for clients rather than apple ones... pull your fingers out apple it aint good enough.

Mac Pros: Boy would i love to see an update. I doubt i'll get it but considering im in the market for one and an apple display (if the price is reasonable) im a little biased. Knowing myluck they wont' update till WWDC but that would be madness!

Martin C
Jan 30, 2007, 05:49 AM

While the pink nano does indeed seem wider, the reason the Apple logo isn't visible is because it is clearly lower than the black nano...

AndyR
Jan 30, 2007, 05:52 AM
I wish Leopard would come out today. Would certainly help shut up all the other IT people in my team screaming how good Vista is! GADGETS ARE AWESOME!!! Bet your crappy Mac can't do that!!

:rolleyes: Not even worth arguing.

Steve563
Jan 30, 2007, 05:54 AM
UK apple store is down for updates!

LeviG
Jan 30, 2007, 05:54 AM
well the uk store is down so we should find out soon enough :)

tommy1984
Jan 30, 2007, 05:55 AM
The rumor was right: Apple Store is down!

yoshi31
Jan 30, 2007, 05:55 AM
:o

Markleshark
Jan 30, 2007, 05:56 AM
US store is down as well. Here we go folks.

BenHagerty
Jan 30, 2007, 05:56 AM
yay! I just noticed hehe

zap2
Jan 30, 2007, 05:57 AM
Darn..I have to leave!!

Steve563
Jan 30, 2007, 05:59 AM
Surely the Mac Mini will be updated?

Markleshark
Jan 30, 2007, 06:00 AM
Surely the Mac Mini will be updated?

Huh? It was only done 10 minutes ago...

lietsche
Jan 30, 2007, 06:00 AM
my 23" ACD just arrived.
will not unbox it.

that's timing. :rolleyes:

simontarr
Jan 30, 2007, 06:01 AM
please be updated macbook....please be updated macbook...please be.....

sneakyh
Jan 30, 2007, 06:02 AM

Maybe the other color is purple.
Because it looks like a purple shuffle on this pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/sneakyhomunculus/hotnews_valentine.jpg

Anyway, we will know in a minute.

Steve563
Jan 30, 2007, 06:05 AM
Huh? It was only done 10 minutes ago...

If you check the buyers guide, it was last updated 146 days ago, about time it was Core 2 Duo.

Steve

xJulianx
Jan 30, 2007, 06:07 AM

Hmm, maybe the pink Nano is just closer, so it appears wider? We'll find out soon enough.

john789
Jan 30, 2007, 06:12 AM
Yes The U.S Apple online store is down at the moment. seems to comfirm the rumors of a new line up. The add with the wider "nano" is really surprising..maybe a special edition shuffle for valentines(yuck!). I dont think Leopard will be out tomorrow. Right now it is 4:12am pacific time.

hidea
Jan 30, 2007, 06:14 AM
I'd be pissed if they updated mac pro.

my MP is at sorting facility. Fed Ex. LOL. BLEARGH.

cupique
Jan 30, 2007, 06:15 AM
No we just have to wait!

Markleshark
Jan 30, 2007, 06:16 AM
If you check the buyers guide, it was last updated 146 days ago, about time it was Core 2 Duo.

Steve

But people complain about how expensive they are already. 146 days is hardly a long time.

:apple:

I can't see a Wider Nano, I'd buy one in a flash tho. :D But they are going to use an event to unveil something like that. My money is on possible updated displays and something to do with the Beatles.

asxtb
Jan 30, 2007, 06:17 AM

iPod nano: 1.6 inches wide
iPod shuffle: 1.62 inches wide

The pink iPod is wider than the nano by more than .02 inches.

samh004
Jan 30, 2007, 06:19 AM
Hmm, maybe the pink Nano is just closer, so it appears wider? We'll find out soon enough.

I don't think Apple would be so careless, so I believe that the pink product is in fact not a nano, we'll see very soon... :)

john789
Jan 30, 2007, 06:24 AM
I dont think they will release new computers tomorrow. i think a new computer model will probably come as soon a leopard comes out, either the same day the release leopard or some time very close after it is released. Tomorrow im sure they will make an update to the ipod line up to take some of the buzz Vista will be making. Thats all. Major updates will probably come after the release of leopard(Computers) as for very new ipod models, well time and :apple: will tell. Probably Feb 20?

adam.tropics
Jan 30, 2007, 06:25 AM
a)How long does this type of update normally take, and
b)Is it normal during that update for all the various worldwide apple front pages to point to the US one?

Chundles
Jan 30, 2007, 06:27 AM
If they're not careless and that is a new product then going by that picture we're also looking at:

1. A taller iPod (on the left, it's taller than the one on the right)

2. A taller iPod nano (the black one is taller than the iPod on the right but a fraction shorter than the one on the left)

3. A smaller iPod (the one on the right is much smaller than the one on the left)

Face it folks, it's just a bunch of iPods at different heights and distances.

Teddy's
Jan 30, 2007, 06:29 AM
b)Is it normal during that update for all the various worldwide apple front pages to point to the US one?

I've never noticed that before. Interesting...

superted666
Jan 30, 2007, 06:30 AM
Says it will be back up soon!

samh004
Jan 30, 2007, 06:31 AM

a) Up to an hour
b) The Australian front page doesn't redirect, nor the UK.

sishaw
Jan 30, 2007, 06:33 AM
iPod nano: 1.6 inches wide
iPod shuffle: 1.62 inches wide

The pink iPod is wider than the nano by more than .02 inches.

It's in the foreground, that's why (yikes, all the graphic artists on here...). There may be colored shuffles coming out, but that isn't it!

Clusty
Jan 30, 2007, 06:35 AM
US Store down..

zeppiecr
Jan 30, 2007, 06:35 AM
I hope its something good to steal some thunder from vista

simontarr
Jan 30, 2007, 06:36 AM
US Store down..

No...really??

I think maybe we have gathered this by now.

Diatribe
Jan 30, 2007, 06:36 AM
I hope its something good to steal some thunder from vista

Just small stuff, nothing big.

lietsche
Jan 30, 2007, 06:37 AM
US Store down..

yeah - since 42 minutes

as all the others.
and the local apple HP does not redirect to the US one.

aswitcher
Jan 30, 2007, 06:38 AM
Someone should make a special Apple Store Down Timer Widget we can activate the moment we get word.

cwedl
Jan 30, 2007, 06:39 AM

Whilst this would be funny, Apple I'm sure will have a massive launch to drown out whatever interest people have in vista. I would love to see iWork and iLife released!

lOUDsCREAMEr
Jan 30, 2007, 06:40 AM
:apple: Remote bluetooth
79 USD

adam.tropics
b) The Australian front page doesn't redirect, nor the UK.

My mistake. If you go to the Australian store, then click the apple front page icon, it does, so I guess they just share the update page, and a common link simplifies that. But your right in that if you go direct to the Australia front page, it is as normal.

UKFletch
Anyone else notice that the store is dow......Ouch, it was only a joke....

Personally, I just want to see new shiney things. My MBP isn't getting ordered till end of Feb so I can wait a little longer...

Fletch

Digitalclips
Jan 30, 2007, 06:41 AM
maybe vista 2.0, i mean leopard will be launched alongside vista tomorrow. by the way, has anyone seen the bill gates edition of vista, it makes me even more likely to bite my tongue and not buy it for $29.99 at my school.

My guess is not Leopard, but a slew of media attention grabbing products to take some some of the heat out of Vista launch. Clever, very clever :)

hidea
Jan 30, 2007, 06:42 AM
:apple: Remote bluetooth
79 USD

OOOOOO!! That'd would be AWESOME. :D

The Scotsman
Jan 30, 2007, 06:43 AM
what are the rumours regarding $79 products thats about 35-40 pounds of our money in the uk. Not a lot. Sounds like new colou shuffles to me but I am excited. probably boots camp for vista also

tobias-digital
Jan 30, 2007, 06:44 AM
This could the iPod shuffle Beatles Edition:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tobias-digital/374401824/

blad3z
Jan 30, 2007, 06:44 AM
yeah.i gotta say.we aint gettin new computers for sure.i mean i just saw the email today about when qualifiying macbooks or something is bought u get a heavy discount or somethin on an iPod. and its said till april 16th 2007. so...
how exactly do u release something like an iPod when u are currently doing that sorta 'sale' type thing. u get what i mean?it seems a weee bit odd.but ah well. :) we shall see!

FF_productions
Jan 30, 2007, 06:45 AM
US Store is down!!

Something is definetely getting released!

TraceyS/FL
Jan 30, 2007, 06:46 AM
Yes The U.S Apple online store is down at the moment. seems to comfirm the rumors of a new line up. The add with the wider "nano" is really surprising..maybe a special edition shuffle for valentines(yuck!). I dont think Leopard will be out tomorrow. Right now it is 4:12am pacific time.

Still down at 7:45 eastern. How long does it take them to update???

HURRRRYYYYYYYY UP!!!!! The kids will ALL be up soon and I won't be able to play :D

Shagrat
Jan 30, 2007, 06:47 AM
Still down at 7:45 eastern. How long does it take them to update???

HURRRRYYYYYYYY UP!!!!! The kids will ALL be up soon and I won't be able to play :D

UK store down too.

So I was several posts late. So what???

The Scotsman
Jan 30, 2007, 06:47 AM
This could the iPod shuffle Beatles Edition:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tobias-digital/374401824/

This looks like it could be accurate -ish problem I have with it is its been a long battle between the two apples I would think the beatles thing would warrant an announcment at an event and not just being released just like that. What do you think?

Diatribe
Jan 30, 2007, 06:48 AM
Spoiler: ;)

New iSights are coming.

orbitalpunk
Jan 30, 2007, 06:50 AM
APPLE STORE IS DOW.... oh. you saw. nevermind.

Ill take one 24" Cinema Dispaly with built iSight

Thank Youuuu

astranovus
Jan 30, 2007, 06:51 AM
does anybody know what changed last week when the apple store went down?

PimpGGG
Jan 30, 2007, 06:52 AM

my friend ur called lucky

unsaltedrhino
Jan 30, 2007, 06:53 AM
APPLE STORE IS DOW.... oh. you saw. nevermind.

Ill take one 24" Cinema Dispaly with built iSight

Thank Youuuu

For $79? Me too!

Markleshark
Jan 30, 2007, 06:54 AM

New iSights are coming.

Heres to hoping. :)

FleurDuMal
Jan 30, 2007, 06:57 AM

New iSights are coming.

As in, new iSights integrated into ACD's? :p

Anyway, I think the iSight update is pretty obvious given the complete halt in their production over the past few months.

The Scotsman
Jan 30, 2007, 06:58 AM
I thought apple were rumoured to announce beatles at super bowl but releasing it today would be consistent with anouncing things before a contract was agreed upon LOL.

Warbrain
Jan 30, 2007, 07:01 AM
I thought apple were rumoured to announce beatles at super bowl but releasing it today would be consistent with anouncing things before a contract was agreed upon LOL.

There's always a rumor about Apple and the Super Bowl and, as many people will tell you, you never believe it until you see it.

Markleshark
Jan 30, 2007, 07:01 AM
*Crosses fingers* Please don't be anything I want.

Must. Not. Spend. Money. :(

L3X
Jan 30, 2007, 07:02 AM
store is down...guess i'll check back when i get to work...

Hamish
Jan 30, 2007, 07:05 AM
I call shens.

they are probably just changing their company name to the :apple: symbol itself, (pending drastic changes to the way the internet works allowing us to somehow type the symbol into the url bar and hit enter) and rebranding everything accordingly, :apple: books, :apple: book pros, :apple: s and :apple: pros.. probably branching off into fruit smoothie bars while they are at it..

:apple: is the new I people, get used to it. :apple: :rolleyes: :apple:

aafuss1
Jan 30, 2007, 07:06 AM
UK store down too.

So I was several posts late. So what???

And Apple Australia's store is down too (although we don't get the RED editions here-if a another RED model was added).

UKFletch
Jan 30, 2007, 07:07 AM
Well, it must have a very big picture.... why else would the store be down THIS long.

C'mon Apple, let us in to see the goodies - yet I find myself braced for a big dissapointment!

lietsche
Jan 30, 2007, 07:08 AM
apple is bancrupt

ezekielrage_99
*Crosses fingers* Please don't be anything I want.

Must. Not. Spend. Money. :(

I just bought I new 20" iMac.... I hope Apple doesn't release anything too enticing ;)

Chundles
And Apple Australia's store is down too (although we don't get the RED editions here-if a another RED model was added).

The RED iPod nano appeared on the edu page about the time the store went back up after MWSF here. You couldn't click on it and it was gone about an hour later.

Didn't report it, just thought someone stuffed up.

Bloody Kiwis get it though... :mad:

dschertz
79$
Did we all forget that ilife and iwork are both 79$

I really hope its a ilife iwork update and not a stupid shuffle update