Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Rumors are floating that Apple may be updating their product line tomorrow.

ThinkSecret believes that display price drops, or perhaps the rumored display update may be the focus of the update, with Clovertown-based (8-core) Mac Pros perhaps in tow.

Meanwhile, AppleInsider believes that the update will come in the form of an additional iPod model. The site is careful to note that the new model is not expected to be anything revolutionary, but rather possibly a new color or new edition of the iPod. Such an introduction could see a rumored Beatles special-edition iPod, or a 2 GB (Product) RED iPod Nano.

Of course, the possibility remains that both (or neither) sites' scenarios could come true. A check of MacRumors' Buyers Guide indicates that while none of the products mentioned are in dire need of an update, sufficient time has passed for each product that an update would not be unexpected.

Flyinace2000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2004
This seems out of the blue.... granted i will buy a widescreen ipod if they ship one tomorrow.

boxandrew

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2005
Oklahoma, OK
This seems out of the blue.... granted i will buy a widescreen ipod if they ship one tomorrow.

I would too since my current iPod shows the sad iPod icon on a regular basis. But wouldn't it be a bit out of character to release something like that without inviting the media to a special event?

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Well, i'm all excited for tomorrow now - but i figure it can't end up being any worse than today. LOL!

I did notice that for the first time in a week there was no refurbs added. Well, they weren't added Sunday OR today. Up till then, every day has had new ones!

happydude

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2006
a gasping dying planet
clovertown . . .

we've been waiting for clovertown to replace our old 733 G4 [windtunnel] quicksilver. though, i don't expect tomorrow will be the day. sure would be nice though . . .

macman2790

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2006
Texas
maybe vista 2.0, i mean leopard will be launched alongside vista tomorrow. by the way, has anyone seen the bill gates edition of vista, it makes me even more likely to bite my tongue and not buy it for $29.99 at my school.

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
I doubt Apple will do anything tomorrow ( I HATE THIS KEYBOARD!; THE A KEY KEEPS GETTING STUCK!) and if they do, it wont be anything big.

Or maube they will. Did someone say "Leopard"?

hsl

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2006
I hope i can order my new macbook pro tomorrow.. or else a widescreen multi-touch ipod 100GB :)

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2006
interesting choice of dates!

"crosses fingers for full screen iPod"

I would have to die if apple put out leopard though! that would be amazing!!!!!!!!!

:apple: for vister! :p

bigfoot

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2006
Put me in line for a wide screen ipod (would be my first ipod) and an updated macpro. I'll have a great day tomorrow if these two things pan out. But frankly after the disappointment that was MacWorld... I won't be loosing any sleep tonight.

phungy

macrumors 68020
Dec 5, 2006
FL/NY/TX
Looks like I should sell my iPod nano if a widescreen is coming tomorrow. I don't think there will be a product update though. Surprise me Apple!

MacinDoc

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2004
The Great White North
Any product introduced on the day Vista appears on store shelves will be lost in the MS hype. Probably something very minor, like a 2 GB Nano RED, as suggested by AppleInsider.

Interesting that ThinkSecret suggested that if nothing is introduced THIS Tuesday, something may be introduced NEXT Tuesday (PowerBook G5, anyone?). Great prediction! Or maybe the Tuesday after that, or the following one, or maybe one in March...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.