PDA

View Full Version : What kind of Video Camera do you guys have?

jethroted
May 21, 2003, 12:34 PM
I have a Canon Gl1. I bought it a few months before the Gl2 came out, and have been kicking myself since.

GeneR
May 21, 2003, 12:51 PM
Yeah the GL2's are kewl.

I got a SONY TRV-900e ("e" standing for European) PAL mini-DV cam. I've had it for about 4 years. I think it has 3CCDs. Been using it to shoot progressive scan and dump the footage into Final Cut Pro. Pretty good resolution. 720x576. Much better than NTSC. Use a Samsung 5000v universal VCR to transfer the tape to NTSC. Not broadcast quality after the transfer, but it's workable.

mrjamin
May 21, 2003, 12:52 PM
don't have one, don't have the need for one.

ibookin'
May 21, 2003, 02:05 PM
I have a Sony CCD-V9.

80s style... :D

jethroted
May 21, 2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by mrjamin
don't have one, don't have the need for one.

everyone has some sort of need for a camera. Even if it's just for capturing important moments of your life.

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by jethroted
everyone has some sort of need for a camera. Even if it's just for capturing important moments of your life.

perhaps everyone has a "use". but not a "need".

i have some crappy 5 year old sony digital hi 8... the new panasonic has my eye, but of course i don't have enough $

wdlove
May 21, 2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by jethroted

Yes, I perfectly happy with my HP Digital camera! When my wife puts them into iPhoto and makes a slideshow, it looks great!

pinks
May 21, 2003, 04:44 PM
Sony PC110.

2 years old and going strong!

Dignan
May 21, 2003, 05:52 PM
Sony PD150

Rented the new panasonic 24p for a short film, it was pretty sweet, though a chunky looking bastard.

MacMarino
May 21, 2003, 05:53 PM
Well my girlfriend and I bought a JVC DV GR2000 for a steal as it was the last model in the shop and it has lots of editing functions more than i'll need built in. It also has a very large view screen, so we are quite happy with it!

GeneR
May 21, 2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Dignan
Sony PD150

Rented the new panasonic 24p for a short film, it was pretty sweet, though a chunky looking bastard.

Haven't used the 24p yet. How'd you like it?

dotcomlarry
May 21, 2003, 06:09 PM
I personally do not have one, but my workplace has an XL-1s.

Laslo Panaflex
May 21, 2003, 06:10 PM
I have a Cannon 40mc that I use for personal outings and events, and I have a Cannon XL1 for doing pro gigs. I want to get my hands on the panasonic 24p, I heard that it looks pretty close to film.

jadariv
May 21, 2003, 06:12 PM
I got the Panasonic 24P sitting right here next to me. I have to say i love the camera.

And i have used the Canon GL1, XL1, Sony VX1000, VX2000, PD150 and a PAL Version of the DSR-500 that we went out to film with (saw the footage in the theater and you couldn't tell the difference.)

The 24P in my opinion, if you are going to shoot short movies or the like, is an awesome camera. AWESOME i say.

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by jadariv
I got the Panasonic 24P sitting right here next to me. I have to say i love the camera.

And i have used the Canon GL1, XL1, Sony VX1000, VX2000, PD150 and a PAL Version of the DSR-500 that we went out to film with (saw the footage in the theater and you couldn't tell the difference.)

The 24P in my opinion, if you are going to shoot short movies or the like, is an awesome camera. AWESOME i say.

do you happen to have any footage online or easily put online that you shot with the cam?

though i guess the compression would kinda keep it from doing the camera justice. hmm

jadariv
May 21, 2003, 06:41 PM
Tried to look around and the only thing i have digitized has people in it (they're famous, so i am definitly not posting). Maybe i can get some of our desert footage we shot and put some stills up. Compressing a web movie will totally destroy the look of the footage.

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2003, 06:44 PM
Tried to look around and the only thing i have digitized has people in it (they're famous, so i am definitly not posting). Maybe i can get some of our desert footage we shot and put some stills up. Compressing a web movie will totally destroy the look of the footage.

yeah. and a couple seconds of uncompressed wouldn't be worthwhile. but some stills would be sweet if you have a chance. no rush.

Ugg
May 21, 2003, 07:11 PM
CanonDV ZR40, inexpensive, small, works just fine for my simple needs.

OutThere
May 21, 2003, 07:55 PM
Sony DCR-TRV250-nice camera, its not in the "professional" line, but the quality is really nice and its perfect for the short films that I make...cool camera!

jethroted
May 21, 2003, 08:51 PM

What do those go for?

jadariv
May 21, 2003, 08:56 PM
Paid about 5 grand for the production package. Different lens covers, special case, extra batteries and couple other goodies came with it.

GeneR
May 21, 2003, 08:59 PM
I got the Panasonic 24P sitting right here next to me. I have to say i love the camera. ...The 24P in my opinion, if you are going to shoot short movies or the like, is an awesome camera. AWESOME i say.

So... Let me see if I understand you, jadariv: You're saying that you think they're pretty-okay? Or maybe just, so-so? ;) :D

jadariv
May 21, 2003, 09:01 PM
Esta MUY BUENO. No Asi-asi.

:D

GeneR
May 22, 2003, 01:34 PM
Esta MUY BUENO. No Asi-asi.

:D

Esta more good? (Dang! I knew I should have studied Spanish! Darn those French lessons! :D) So, does "no asi-asi" mean: 24P=kinda sucky? Just kidding! Heh! :D