PDA

View Full Version : Ever committed a crime?

tazo
May 21, 2003, 07:44 PM
Have you ever committed a crime?

say what it was if u want.

evoluzione
May 21, 2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by tazo

yep.

probably too many, too often ;)

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2003, 08:04 PM
i think few people haven't... considering that speeding would be considered such....

i'd say, get a little more specific in your question. ;)

big
May 21, 2003, 08:30 PM
yes

medea
May 21, 2003, 08:35 PM
never, other than speeding that is.

oh and apparently there are a few sexual positions that are illegal in florida....

applemacdude
May 21, 2003, 08:37 PM
i once killed a person:D i killed him because he was on my nerves

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by medea
oh and apparently there are a few sexual positions that are illegal in florida....

such as....?? ha

i once stole a coke from a teen center i used to go to... they caught me (and my friend)... more like, we were ratted out. ha. we said we "forgot to pay"... ahh

beatle888
May 21, 2003, 08:56 PM
im rolling my eyes at the topic of this thread. it would be stupid to talk about being guilty for crimes youve committed on open forum. unless your asking if we've been caught committing a serious crime. i say serious because how can jay walking even be considered topic worthy.

eyelikeart
May 21, 2003, 09:00 PM
I've done it...not going into any details...

a better topic would be telling the last time u committed a crime... :eek: ;)

MacBandit
May 21, 2003, 09:02 PM
Let's just say me and a group of friends back in High School were a bunch of cleptos. Also there was a school news broadcast we got over the sattelite well I took care of the sattelite more then once. Also I use to go around to all the computer stores and start the PCs into dos and reformat the hard drives. There's more but I'll leave it at that. Oh, and I hardly consider speeding a crime. Now illuding the cops that's another story and I won't talk about that.

GeneR
May 21, 2003, 09:04 PM
Please define the word: "Crime." Thanks! :D

By the way, I've been to traffic school more times than I can remember, so, yeah. I've committed crimes. :D

melchior
May 21, 2003, 09:04 PM
a more appropriate question would be...

Have you ever committed a felony?

and my answer would be yes. yes, very often. more than once a week. :rolleyes: and i'm sorry, i didn't mean to! or maybe i did....

MacBandit
May 21, 2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by melchior
a more appropriate question would be...

Have you ever committed a felony?

and my answer would be yes. yes, very often. more than once a week. :rolleyes: and i'm sorry, i didn't mean to! or maybe i did....

As to felony not one I was ever caught doing. Oh, and I think I know what you are doing to commit a felony and in Oregon it's a misdemeanor and a misdemeanor for possesing less then an ounce.

techne
May 21, 2003, 09:19 PM
Yes. Funny ones are:

1) My sis and me were Atari arcade room junkies at pre-teen age. We used to dig in our parents clothes to steal them money for play. We got beaten when they found out.

2) Near a Health Center in the city where I used to live with my parents, there was this payphone. When I was in high school I ran off of money and I phoned home for somebody to pick me up. When the call finished, many coins drop out.. without any reason because I spend all my credit (a coin). I hit the phone and it dropped out a lot of money (hehehehe). I used to go every Friday evening with my sis to this "magic" phone and eventually we got caught. After picked out from the police office we got beaten, again.

3) Near the high school I spend my teen years there was this Industrial Park. My colleages and me used to go by at Mondays to hit bottles again the factories walls and windows and then we ran away. At mondays its streets used to be full of bottles because many workers normally spent their paycheck in alcohol on weekends. Guess who got caught and after picked out from the police office go beaten.. again.

There is more, happened before I reached University, but I guess those are the funniest and somehow the more naive. For the record, I never killed nobody but I thought it more than once.

MrMacMan
May 21, 2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by MacBandit
As to felony not one I was ever caught doing. Oh, and I think I know what you are doing to commit a felony and in Oregon it's a misdemeanor and a misdemeanor for possesing less then an ounce.

What the hell are you talking about, or should I say smoking? ;) (if I'm wrong, shoot me, then you will have commited a crime)

Um... yes, I *sigh* downloaded a linux distro when they said not to under penalty of law. yeah, I'm baddd aint I?

Oh yeah and everything on my Hard Drive. ;) :p

edit: I was wrong.
I was shot.
MacBandit commited a crime. ;)

MacBandit
May 21, 2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman
What the hell are you talking about, or should I say smoking? ;) (if I'm wrong, shoot me, then you will have commited a crime)

Um... yes, I *sigh* downloaded a linux distro when they said not to under penalty of law. yeah, I'm baddd aint I?

Oh yeah and everything on my Hard Drive. ;) :p

Smoking? Not me not in a very long time. I'm looking for a job you know.:)

MrMacMan
May 21, 2003, 09:29 PM
Smoking? Not me not in a very long time. I'm looking for a job you know.:)
:MrMacMan was shot by MacBandit:

tazo
May 21, 2003, 09:44 PM
it was just supposed to be an entertaining thread, because we have all done something stupid, that was prolly a crime. its just supposed to be a fun thread. To the person who said something to the effect of, "who would admit..", this is a basically anonymous forum. Whats the most they could actually get from you, assuming the person investigating was a mod. Maybe real name and an IP address? come on.

beatle888
May 21, 2003, 11:09 PM
ok ok, i know i sorta took it to the extreme. enjoy the thread. i am, since it seems to be the only one active tonight. where is everyone?

tazo
May 21, 2003, 11:13 PM
arguing with me. jkk jk :) ;) :) :D A lot of people are in General tech, and in this forum.

Doctor Q
May 21, 2003, 11:48 PM
Yes, I admit it. You've discovered my horrible secret. I've lived in shame for far too many years, and now maybe I'll at last feel better to confess and get this burden off my chest.

I... took... the tag off the mattress!!

A felony, right?

Actually, my family teases me for being so law abiding. The best I can do is to tell you about the time, as a kid, when I got my nerve up and stole from the supermarket a little plastic sign that said "Penalty for Theft - $100". Actually I forget the dollar amount. So my life of crime wasn't long, but at least it was humorous!

Rower_CPU
May 21, 2003, 11:58 PM
Do lemur fetishes count?

jelloshotsrule
May 21, 2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Do lemur fetishes count?

only if it involves 3 or more at a time.

so, guilty as charged.

tazo
May 22, 2003, 12:05 AM
Do lemur fetishes count?

'fraid so. :)

Rower_CPU
May 22, 2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
only if it involves 3 or more at a time.

so, guilty as charged.

Damn, guess I'm screwed...but you can't say that you wouldn't do the same in my place.

Doctor Q
May 22, 2003, 12:11 AM
Do lemur fetishes count? Uh oh. If anybody finds out what happened in this thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25986), we're all going to the slammer. :eek:

jelloshotsrule
May 22, 2003, 12:12 AM
Damn, guess I'm screwed...but you can't say that you wouldn't do the same in my place.

no i can't. considering i was offering myself up as "guilty as charged"..... ;)

tazo
May 22, 2003, 12:14 AM
it is always funny when a thread digresses, and then a digression results from that :) adios people, I am tired and off to bed.

-tazo

jelloshotsrule
May 22, 2003, 12:19 AM
it is always funny when a thread digresses, and then a digression results from that :) adios people, I am tired and off to bed.

-tazo

thank goodness.

oh whoops.

MacBandit
May 22, 2003, 12:22 AM
Okay let's get back on track. I have a question to get it started.

Does anyone besides me have any good stories of ditching the cops in a pursuit?

Doctor Q
May 22, 2003, 12:33 AM
Does anyone besides me have any good stories of ditching the cops in a pursuit? I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.

I was riding my bike one day a couple of years ago when I heard a police car siren and screeching tires. I stopped and looked behind me. A cop had stopped his car and was leaning over the door pointing his gun directly at me! I froze. Then I realized that he was after a guy in a car that had pulled over directly between the cop and me. He was really aiming at the guy in the car. The cop yelled "get out of here" to me and I did exactly as he suggested!

MacBandit
May 22, 2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Doctor Q
I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.

I was riding my bike one day a couple of years ago when I heard a police car siren and screeching tires. I stopped and looked behind me. A cop had stopped his car and was leaning over the door pointing his gun directly at me! I froze. Then I realized that he was after a guy in a car that had pulled over directly between the cop and me. He was really aiming at the guy in the car. The cop yelled "get out of here" to me and I did exactly as he suggested!

Hmm, well that really isn't on par with my stories.

I will tell you though that my brother in-laws brother use to ditch the cops every day coming home from work. He would get them to chas him on purpose. He had his kids trained to have a cold beer waiting for him with the garage door open and a change of clothes. He would then ditch the cops and then streak into his garage and his kids would close the garage door. He would then quickly change his clothes and grab the beer and go sit on the porch like some guy just relaxing. The cops came by on more then one occasion and asked him if they saw such and such bike go buy and would ask him which way it was going. I don't think he ever got caught.

Also my brother in-law himself ditched the cops for 2 weeks going back and forth to work in a Chevette. Don't ask me how he did it. He grew up in the country out there and knew every road dukes of hazard style. Well they finally got his license plate number once and got him.

jelloshotsrule
May 22, 2003, 12:46 AM
Okay let's get back on track. I have a question to get it started.

Does anyone besides me have any good stories of ditching the cops in a pursuit?

well... i have 2 that are both snow related. and the crimes are minor. and they both involve cops on military bases...

1. when i was about 8, living on an army base in korea... it had snowed. my older brother's friends were all out and of course i wanted to tag along. we started throwing snowballs at cars. one of his friends dropped a huge chunk of snow and ice onto the front of a bus... so eventually, some cops started chasing us... we got away. but a friend of mine (about 7-8) got caught... turns us all in... so the cop shows up at our house... just prior, my bro's friend called and said his mom had told the cops that i wouldn't have been involved... but when they asked me if i'd done it, i panicked and said yes... so, i got a slap on the wrist and that was that... running from em was pretty nuts, since everyone else was so much faster than me... but i kept up i guess

2. about 5 years ago (i was 17ish).. me, my older bro (differnt one) and a friend were out shooting a potato gun on the army base i lived on at the time (in nj).. it was night. snow on the ground. so we are down about a block from my house, across the street... on a basketball court about 100 yards from the road which cops patrolled occasionally.

we shoot a potatoe at the backboard and it makes a huge *clang*... we are reloading and carrying on when we notice a car turning onto the backroad that runs down to the court parking lot... we toss the potato gun away from the lights and take off towards the road (but away from the back road)... the car stops and parks (of course it's a cop) as we go across the street and keep running... eventually he drives back up to the main road, right by the house of some friends of hours (the whole neighborhood was pretty close... small base). he stops. we're lying down on the snow... his lights right on us. there's no way he doesn't see us... after like 5 minutes, he drives off....

we do some more running and trying to stay low... and eventually make our way home... all adrenalined up...

the next day, we find out that the guy who lived in that house the cop was near (a friend of our parents' and our friend's dad, not to mention 3rd in command on the base), had talked to the cop and said basically "it's just some kids having some fun, don't worry about em"...

and we thought we were so cool avoiding the law... ha

mactastic
May 22, 2003, 10:04 AM
Nope, never have! I swear! And don't tell my parole officer anything.... Shhhhhh

mac15
May 22, 2003, 10:06 AM
I'm a bad boy what can I say :)

read till your hearts content

http://funmac.com/showthread.php?threadid=1705

MacBandit
May 22, 2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by mac15
I'm a bad boy what can I say :)

read till your hearts content

http://funmac.com/showthread.php?threadid=1705

Hahaha, I new I liked you for some reason. I assume this is all in your past? Like many of us troublemakers we got smart before we went to jail.

cc bcc
May 22, 2003, 11:56 AM

Yeah but I didn't inhale! No, I mean I did inhale but it's not a crime! :cool:

Moxiemike
May 22, 2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
I've done it...not going into any details...

a better topic would be telling the last time u committed a crime... :eek: ;)

Hmmm. Last time a crime was committed.... if you count trespassing, then last night. Remember Torrance, eye?

If we're talking REAL crimes, I suppose Monday. Was a little tipsy and wanted to leave flowers on this girl's car... but of course, no florists are open at 2:30 am.. so we went to a local botannical garden and nabbed a bunch of damasked tulips which aren't cheap flowers.....

hehe.

Of course... ms. chica found them. I haven't talked to her yet. They MAY have gotten fubared, as it rained heavily later that night. And also because i left them anonymously.

Now the real crime will be if she doesn't realize what a lil' romantic i am.....

cc bcc
May 22, 2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Moxiemike
Hmmm. Last time a crime was committed.... if you count trespassing, then last night. Remember Torrance, eye?

If we're talking REAL crimes, I suppose Monday. Was a little tipsy and wanted to leave flowers on this girl's car... but of course, no florists are open at 2:30 am.. so we went to a local botannical garden and nabbed a bunch of damasked tulips which aren't cheap flowers.....

Hey, all your tulips are belong to us! :D

Doctor Q
May 22, 2003, 12:35 PM
I've been in jail three times, and each one was a good memory.

1. On a tour of Alcatraz. It's a short ferryboat trip from the dock in San Francisco. A great tour because of the notoriety and history of the prison. The best story we heard was that laws prevented guards from punishing prisioners by withholding food, so when an inmate was out of favor, the guards took his whole meal, added red food coloring, and put it all in a blender. It was called "red death".

2. Our local police station. They had an open house one year and they left a jail cell open for anyone who wanted to wander in. I went with some kids and I was the only one who went into the cell. The best thing we saw there was a remote-controlled bomb-removal robot.

3. Last year, in Park City, Utah. On Main Street, the original city jail is now a museum, and you can try out the jail cell accommodations there. Best fact we learned: After the mining business ended and the town became a ski resort, they tried to make a ski lift out of an old mining tunnel. You rode a mine train into the mountain (directly horizontal) and then rode an elevator up the mine shaft (directly vertical) to the top of the peak. It was temporarily successful, since everyone wanted to try it once, but it took too long so it didn't get enough return business to keep running.

wdlove
May 22, 2003, 02:38 PM
I agree with Doctor Q. My familarity with a jail cell was visting a museum! ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2003, 03:17 PM
Shoplifting as a kid - I think I've done it a few times, candy theft ;)

Other assorted things, but never actually been caught. Probably as an adult it would have to be tresspassing....

D

Moxiemike
May 22, 2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
Shoplifting as a kid - I think I've done it a few times, candy theft ;)

Other assorted things, but never actually been caught. Probably as an adult it would have to be tresspassing....

D

where have you trepassed, MISTER ANDERSON??

do tell. abandoned buildings? you seem like an urban E guy to me. :)

jelloshotsrule
May 22, 2003, 03:25 PM

oh yes. that reminds me of some trespassing i did on that same army base... some old weapons buildings and lots of radioactive signs all over... probably not a great idea to be there... we'll see how it affects me in the years to come.

heck. we used to play roller hockey inside one of the warehouses (not one of the radioactive ones though, i hope). probably plenty of asbestos going on in there.

Moxiemike
May 22, 2003, 03:32 PM
oh yes. that reminds me of some trespassing i did on that same army base... some old weapons buildings and lots of radioactive signs all over... probably not a great idea to be there... we'll see how it affects me in the years to come.

heck. we used to play roller hockey inside one of the warehouses (not one of the radioactive ones though, i hope). probably plenty of asbestos going on in there.

we like a couple mental wards around here-- Dixmont and Torrance. If you use your flashlight just right you can see the asbestos floating around. espeically in the basements. Ah well...

tazo
May 22, 2003, 03:33 PM
I have trespassed so many times. When i used to walk home from school, I would walk through the campus of a private christian school. :) They told me if they saw me again they would call the cops. :o

eyelikeart
May 22, 2003, 03:34 PM

he he he...yeah ;)

so apparently...I was an accomplice to quite a few in Pittsburgh, eh? :eek:

jelloshotsrule
May 22, 2003, 03:34 PM
we like a couple mental wards around here-- Dixmont and Torrance. If you use your flashlight just right you can see the asbestos floating around. espeically in the basements. Ah well...

gotta die sometime

mental wards seem to be popular for this type of thing (trespassing around)... doesnt' appeal to me really.

tazo
May 22, 2003, 03:38 PM
gotta die sometime

mental wards seem to be popular for this type of thing (trespassing around)... doesnt' appeal to me really.
Trespassing through a mental ward seems kinda off, what if they are like, mr johnson what are u doing out of your wing? :D

Moxiemike
May 22, 2003, 03:39 PM
gotta die sometime

I'm a history buff, like photography and was HIGHLY interested in psych... so it sorta makes sense to me.

but yea... most people won't go. That and cemeteries... etc.

that said, flower chica IS down with cemeteries and mental wards and cameras.... a keeper in my book. :)

Rower_CPU
May 22, 2003, 03:40 PM

As if you needed anything else going against you ever having children. :rolleyes:

GeneR
May 22, 2003, 03:47 PM
What I've done to some of the meat I've tried to cook in the kitchen may be considered a real crime... heh.

tazo
May 22, 2003, 03:49 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: this board to express the facial expression I created when I read this.

MacFan25
May 22, 2003, 03:50 PM
I've never committed a crime, and I don't plan on ever committing one. :)

Has anyone ever been inside a jail? I had to take this law class in 7th grade, and we took a tour of our local jail. Kinda scary :eek: ;) :D

tazo
May 22, 2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by MacFan25
I've never committed a crime, and I don't plan on ever committing one. :)

Has anyone ever been inside a jail? I had to take this law class in 7th grade, and we took a tour of our local jail. Kinda scary :eek: ;) :D

Detention cells dont count right :confused:

jelloshotsrule
May 22, 2003, 03:54 PM
As if you needed anything else going against you ever having children. :rolleyes:

effective herms have it rough

Gymnut
May 22, 2003, 04:37 PM
Yeah, on my way to work I didn't use the crosswalk. Busted!

MrMacMan
May 22, 2003, 04:58 PM
Well, how about a crime, I will commit?

Yes, tommorow I will be destroying my schools stupid SADD poster. (Students against destructive decisions, haha). They made this long stupid poster on the fence using plastic cups to make words and this banner, I will be, very happily I might add, destroying this tommorow night.

I can make my own destructive decisions thank you very much.

Mblazened
May 22, 2003, 05:06 PM
yes... i've downloaded copywritten songs off the internet!!!

Doctor Q
May 22, 2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Gymnut
Yeah, on my way to work I didn't use the crosswalk.Originally posted by Mblazened
i've downloaded copywritten songs off the internetI wonder if there are rewards for information leading to the arrest and conviction of you guys. Maybe I'll be able to pay for that Final Cut Pro update after all.

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2003, 05:32 PM

Every where I've managed to get - I love snooping ;)

Mostly houses under construction lately, like to go in when the workers aren't around in the weekend, although I have done some more interesting things, especially when I was in college.

D

Gymnut
May 22, 2003, 05:48 PM
I wonder if there are rewards for information leading to the arrest and conviction of you guys. Maybe I'll be able to pay for that Final Cut Pro update after all.

I'm using Final Cut Pro 3 and I need an upgrade too. Mind if I get a cut in the reward? :D

Moxiemike
May 22, 2003, 06:05 PM

Mostly houses under construction lately, like to go in when the workers aren't around in the weekend, although I have done some more interesting things, especially when I was in college.

D

Come up to pittsburgh-- we'll show you around a few abandoned mental wards, some old steel mills, a HUGE abandoned cork factory, a trainstation and some old inactive cemeteries. :D

or just look at that site when we put it up. :D

tazo
May 22, 2003, 06:13 PM
I wonder if there are rewards for information leading to the arrest and conviction of you guys. Maybe I'll be able to pay for that Final Cut Pro update after all.

well if we all happen to kidnap someone on the way to doing these things then I'm sure :o :rolleyes:

Doctor Q
May 22, 2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Gymnut
I'm using Final Cut Pro 3 and I need an upgrade too. Mind if I get a cut in the reward?Not at all. With all the trespassers, criminal meat cookers, and other likely-to-be-seen-on-the-post-office-wall members here, there should be plenty of reward money to go around. Maybe we can turn arn in for harboring fugitives and retire on the profits.

tazo
May 22, 2003, 06:29 PM
Not at all. With all the trespassers, criminal meat cookers, and other likely-to-be-seen-on-the-post-office-wall members here, there should be plenty of reward money to go around. Maybe we can turn arn in for harboring fugitives and retire on the profits.

yeah. don't forget the habitual trespassers. haha

guitargeek
May 22, 2003, 06:55 PM
Commited? Yes. Caught? Never.

Most are car related, and involve high speeds and adreneline. Let's just say I've found the top speed limiter on every one of my vehicles...

That's it, though. Other than that, I'm a good kid. I just also tend to be a bit of a motor head.

jadariv
May 22, 2003, 07:01 PM
Boy, this thread got me thinking. I've been a pretty lame boy most of my life. Get in no trouble.

But, unfortunately, a friend of mine was in an accident where someone died a couple months back and i had to go help his wife wait for 8 hours at the jail, post 150,000 dollars bail and basically be there for someone who used to be the nicest, most outgoing, most giving person i know have his life ruined over an accident. Don't drink and drive anybody. Even if it's a couple drinks, think twice.

shadowfax
May 22, 2003, 07:15 PM
just today, i told my teacher i was going to the library and just went home about 30 minutes into the 1.5 hour class. i guess that's a crime. granted, no felony or anything, but hey...

wdlove
May 22, 2003, 07:18 PM

D

I remember doing that also Mr. Anderson. Had houses being built around us while growing up, got ot know the contractor. When I lived in Nebraska, we were in a new housing sub-division. Just like seeing a new house built. A good way to get ideas!;)

wdlove
May 22, 2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by jadariv
Boy, this thread got me thinking. I've been a pretty lame boy most of my life. Get in no trouble.

But, unfortunately, a friend of mine was in an accident where someone died a couple months back and i had to go help his wife wait for 8 hours at the jail, post 150,000 dollars bail and basically be there for someone who used to be the nicest, most outgoing, most giving person i know have his life ruined over an accident. Don't drink and drive anybody. Even if it's a couple drinks, think twice.

Yes, more people should learn to use a designated driver. I'm always available! ;) We certainly don't want to loose any mac forum members!

Doctor Q
May 22, 2003, 07:21 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend, jadariv. Are you saying that your friend drove drunk, somebody else died as the result, and you helped his wife and him through the aftermath? Are they OK now?

Your warning is good advice. And it's not lame at all to be someone who doesn't get in trouble.

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2003, 07:37 PM
Come up to pittsburgh-- we'll show you around a few abandoned mental wards, some old steel mills, a HUGE abandoned cork factory, a trainstation and some old inactive cemeteries. :D

Damn, I might have to make a trip up there, sounds like its very cool!

noel4r
May 22, 2003, 07:40 PM
yup, i beat somebody up once.

Moxiemike
May 22, 2003, 07:53 PM
totally

i have some dixmont pics:

http://mikemancini.com/dix/dix1.jpg

http://mikemancini.com/dix/dix2.jpg

http://mikemancini.com/dix/dix3.jpg

http://mikemancini.com/dix/dix4.jpg

http://mikemancini.com/dix/dix5.jpg

http://mikemancini.com/dix/dix6.jpg

tazo
May 22, 2003, 08:10 PM
Mike's Pix............

Those are awesome pictures, I especially like the third one down. Very coo. Did you take those photos? If so you are a good photographer.

-tazo

Moxiemike
May 22, 2003, 08:18 PM
Those are awesome pictures, I especially like the third one down. Very coo. Did you take those photos? If so you are a good photographer.

-tazo

Thanx. Yea. I did take those. We're trying for an exhibition called "PA Decay" showcasing these abandoned/unused buildings.

So yea... that's why we mill around abandoned structures-- gives us an opportunity to get photo ops the "normal' photog wouldn't think of.

That said.... the warning signs are obvious... big "POSTED" signs--everywhere!

http://mikemancini.com/dixmont/source/pict2059.html

Big fines and what not ($300+ per person) and crazy backwoods cops that are tow truck trigger happy... have always managed to escape. But still... someday. :eek:

We took Eye to Torrance when he visited here... i think that was his first experience with trespassing. Alot of times we DO get permission. But sometimes you have a beer with your boys and JUST NEED to explore. Regardless of whether or not its legal.

http://www.ohiotrespassers.com is another similarly thought out site to the one we'll be doing soon. :D

Dont Hurt Me
May 22, 2003, 08:28 PM
I Jaywalked Once.

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2003, 08:41 PM
Great pics Moxie - I'll have to see if there are going to be any 'interesting' places to go see while you're here next month :D

D

vniow
May 22, 2003, 09:38 PM
totally

i have some dixmont pics:

Take me with you!!

scem0
May 22, 2003, 09:46 PM
I am so good looking it is a crime.... ;)

Well..... hmmmmm........ I stole a marble from a pot full of marbels with a plant (y'all know what I am talking about, right?). I was really little, and I felt like doing something devious. Let's see.... That's about it. Oh, under age drinking too, but stealing a marble is way more of a crime.

tazo
May 22, 2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by scem0

Well..... hmmmmm........ I stole a marble from a pot full of marbels with a plant (y'all know what I am talking about, right?). I was really little, and I felt like doing something devious. Let's see.... That's about it. Oh, under age drinking too, but stealing a marble is way more of a crime.

"i killed a man, oh yeah I also did drugs but doing drugs is war more of a crime. a crime cannot be justified by personal bias.

rainman::|:|
May 22, 2003, 11:42 PM
i'll just jump right in here... i commit crimes every day, quite a lot. Smoking pot sometimes, which they frown on; sex in some states (not here thank god), i'm without insurance for the moment so every time i drive... and until recently, my license had bee suspended... for the past 3 years... i didn't pay a fine or something, i didn't even realize it. thank god i didnt get pulled over!

:)

i'm libertarian so i detest laws...

;)
pnw

shadowfax
May 23, 2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by scem0

Well..... hmmmmm........ I stole a marble from a pot full of marbels with a plant (y'all know what I am talking about, right?). I was really little, and I felt like doing something devious. Let's see.... That's about it. Oh, under age drinking too, but stealing a marble is way more of a crime. i wonder if aesthetiscs is like politics--circular. i mean, it's possible to be so damned left wing that you're right wing, right? like Stalin or what have you. i wonder if it's possible to be so ugly you're beautiful. scem0? ;) :p

MacBandit
May 23, 2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Shadowfax
i wonder if aesthetiscs is like politics--circular. i mean, it's possible to be so damned left wing that you're right wing, right? like Stalin or what have you. i wonder if it's possible to be so ugly you're beautiful. scem0? ;) :p

Oh, ho ho, that was just a great come back. My only dissapointment is that I didn't think of it.:p :D

Doctor Q
May 23, 2003, 01:19 AM
I'm so funny that some people don't laugh at my jokes. I wonder if that's a crime?

jethroted
May 23, 2003, 08:43 AM
In my lifetime I have commited more crimes than I can count. I grew up in a poor area, and we had to get creative to keep our selves busy. I've put all that behind me now though. Well, at least for the most part. I still do this and that out of habit. ;)

wdlove
May 23, 2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Shadowfax
i wonder if aesthetiscs is like politics--circular. i mean, it's possible to be so damned left wing that you're right wing, right? like Stalin or what have you. i wonder if it's possible to be so ugly you're beautiful. scem0? ;) :p

It's all in the eye of the beholder shadowfox! I do think that scem0 is a good looking young man! ;)

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2003, 11:15 AM
I'm so funny that some people don't laugh at my jokes. I wonder if that's a crime?

i have to disagree with that.

i took a look at the lemur thread and saw your post of the lemurs and lemons...

"which is which?" you said

i laughed.

only a little. ;) but i laughed.

Moxiemike
May 23, 2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by vniow
Take me with you!!

Sure. These places are great. All of those pics (except the first one) were shot in COMPLETE darkness.... usually using a flashlight to get focus. (good ol' maglite is a night photographers BEST FRIEND)

They turned out pretty good. I think they represent the feelings you get walking through a place like that. :)

maradong
May 23, 2003, 11:33 AM

hm, if driving to fast is a crime. well yes.
if else = no
well , perhaps. all the brains I have eaten. but dunno if that counts :D
--|--
--|--
-V-

bcsimac
May 23, 2003, 05:02 PM
No, I haven't committed a crime. My father was very picky about us kids obeying the law. He was also very picky about his cars being clean all the time, very picky about the yard being mowed and looking good, and very picky about his lawnmowers working correctly and being cleaned properly. The rule in our house is you do as you are told, when you are told, and how you are told and don't do anything else......period!

My mom on the other hand taught us to be ever mindful of what God would want us to do in any given situation. She reminded us that if we profess to be Christians then we need to be Christ-like in our actions. We were reminded that we are here to be witnesses for Christ and that what we do affects our testimony either good or bad. She also taught us to be ever mindful of what is right, just, trustworthy, honest, truthful, good, godly, loving, and compassionate.

Now a lot of why I was careful to obey the law and my parents was because of fear from my father and the punishment he would meat out.....and believe me, he had a nasty temper for even the littlest mistakes......let alone a criminal act. As I got older though, I was mostly motivated to obey the law out of submission to the law and government because I wanted to honor and obey the Lord and did not want to damage my testimony because I do want spread the good news of Jesus Christ. As I get older, I am motivated more and more to be in submission to Christ in all things and to honor him in what I say and do.

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2003, 05:27 PM
so bcsimac... you've never sped while driving? ever littered? ;)

tazo
May 23, 2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by bcsimac
No, I haven't committed a crime. My father was very picky about us kids obeying the law. He was also very picky about his cars being clean all the time, very picky about the yard being mowed and looking good, and very picky about his lawnmowers working correctly and being cleaned properly. The rule in our house is you do as you are told, when you are told, and how you are told and don't do anything else......period!

My mom on the other hand taught us to be ever mindful of what God would want us to do in any given situation. She reminded us that if we profess to be Christians then we need to be Christ-like in our actions. We were reminded that we are here to be witnesses for Christ and that what we do affects our testimony either good or bad. She also taught us to be ever mindful of what is right, just, trustworthy, honest, truthful, good, godly, loving, and compassionate.

Now a lot of why I was careful to obey the law and my parents was because of fear from my father and the punishment he would meat out.....and believe me, he had a nasty temper for even the littlest mistakes......let alone a criminal act. As I got older though, I was mostly motivated to obey the law out of submission to the law and government because I wanted to honor and obey the Lord and did not want to damage my testimony because I do want spread the good news of Jesus Christ. As I get older, I am motivated more and more to be in submission to Christ in all things and to honor him in what I say and do.

what bcsimac? Never stepped on the grass? Littered? Spat on the ground? :)

bcsimac
May 23, 2003, 05:42 PM
so bcsimac... you've never sped while driving? ever littered? ;)

No, I haven't littered......that is also one of my dad's pet peeves.......he picks up garbage even in neighbors yards and complains about how people are so wasteful and dirty and trashy and messy.......he always says I never throw any trash around like some people do......and if you ever throw trash anywhere other than the boiler or trash can or dumpster, I will flatten your rear so bad you won't be able to sit for a month......even today at the age of 55, he spends his sundays cleaning up around the garage, georgies old place (ie dad's little property that he mows just for show and doesn't even use it for anything......he says he has to make it look good for people driving by so that they don't think he is trailer-court trash or some other kind of slob), our house, the neighbors house, and chuy's place.

No, I haven't speeded because that is another one of my dad's pet peeves .........getting points on our driving record......he expects a perfect driving record.....if its not .......you don't drive.....PERIOD!

Another thing my dad is picky about......making sure the car has been inspected 10 days ahead of expiration of state inspection sticker.......and making sure the car works right all the time......including making sure that the mechanic calls him to talk to him before anything is done to make sure the mechanic is worthy of touching his van or car. My dad is a mechanic and has been for the past 40 years.....and he expects mechanics to line up to his standards before touching his vehicles.

Moxiemike
May 23, 2003, 05:44 PM
No, I haven't littered......that is also one of my dad's pet peeves.......he picks up garbage even in neighbors yards and complains about how people are so wasteful and dirty and trashy and messy.......he always says I never throw any trash around like some people do......and if you ever throw trash anywhere other than the boiler or trash can or dumpster, I will flatten your rear so bad you won't be able to sit for a month......even today at the age of 55, he spends his sundays cleaning up around the garage, georgies old place (ie dad's little property that he mows just for show and doesn't even use it for anything......he says he has to make it look good for people driving by so that they don't think he is trailer-court trash or some other kind of slob), our house, the neighbors house, and chuy's place.

No, I haven't speeded because that is another one of my dad's pet peeves .........getting points on our driving record......he expects a perfect driving record.....if its not .......you don't drive.....PERIOD!

Another thing my dad is picky about......making sure the car has been inspected 10 days ahead of expiration of state inspection sticker.......and making sure the car works right all the time......including making sure that the mechanic calls him to talk to him before anything is done to make sure the mechanic is worthy of touching his van or car. My dad is a mechanic and has been for the past 40 years.....and he expects mechanics to line up to his standards before touching his vehicles.

your dad sounds a bit wack-o. like the kind of guy who pushes his kids into early psychosis.....

WinterMute
May 23, 2003, 05:46 PM
I posted this a while back in the "ever been drunk" thread, it's the last time I seriously broke the law:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6144&perpage=25&pagenumber=21

it's near the bottom of the page.

I was lucky not to go to prison, only the doctors reports stopped it I think.

Sure, I drive too fast, but I'm respectable now.;)

tazo
May 23, 2003, 05:48 PM
your dad sounds a bit wack-o. like the kind of guy who pushes his kids into early psychosis.....

I was also thinking this. Um bcsimac, how old are you?

rainman::|:|
May 23, 2003, 05:50 PM

Yeah he sounds mentally ill. I'd run like hell if i were you, but then he's got you with religion... that wonderful control tool...

i feel for ya... a lot of abuse has gone on in my family. thankfully my mom broke the cycle of abuse, so i only witnessed it :/

pnw

bcsimac
May 23, 2003, 05:53 PM

Actually he is and I know it and so does most of the family. Dr. Victor Masone our local psychologist diagnosed my dad as having obessive-compulsive disorder and having anger management issues. My dad also has an obsession with things being perfect.

By the way, I did have to get counseling because of him when I was a teenager. I psychologist from age 13-16 and psychatrist from 16-24 for depression and low self esteem and timidity.

My mom is now taking psychology after so many years of having to see one herself to deal with my father.......by the way they are separated because of him.

bcsimac
May 23, 2003, 05:56 PM
I was also thinking this. Um bcsimac, how old are you?

I am 26 and will be 27 in September.

Moxiemike
May 23, 2003, 05:56 PM
Actually he is and I know it and so does most of the family. Dr. Victor Masone our local psychologist diagnosed my dad as having obessive-compulsive disorder and having anger management issues. My dad also has an obsession with things being perfect.

By the way, I did have to get counseling because of him when I was a teenager. I psychologist from age 13-16 and psychatrist from 16-24 for depression and low self esteem and timidity.

My mom is now taking psychology after so many years of having to see one herself to deal with my father.......by the way they are separated because of him.

What style of therapy? I did the whole existential thing. it rocks

tazo
May 23, 2003, 06:00 PM
I committed a crime today :(

Anyone been to a Kinkos recently, they have those new prepaid card system iplemented. anyway, i stole about 40 of those. I am going to make an art project out of them at some point. :)

MacBandit
May 23, 2003, 06:03 PM
I committed a crime today :(

Anyone been to a Kinkos recently, they have those new prepaid card system iplemented. anyway, i stole about 40 of those. I am going to make an art project out of them at some point. :)

You're going to use them to make an art project or you're going to use the copies to makea project?

If you're going to make the project out of them that doesn't really sound that bad. It's not like that plastic costs them a lot of money.

bcsimac
May 23, 2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by paulwhannel
Yeah he sounds mentally ill. I'd run like hell if i were you, but then he's got you with religion... that wonderful control tool...

i feel for ya... a lot of abuse has gone on in my family. thankfully my mom broke the cycle of abuse, so i only witnessed it :/

pnw

He doesn't have me with religion. I am a Christian because of my mother's and my great grandmother's testimony. I have also argued this before and will always argue this.....the idea that Christianity is a religion is a misleading and incorrectly termed belief and statement by the general population........Christianity is not a religion, but it is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and Lord and Savior of your life and it is a lifestyle and worldview choice because like a marriage you choose to love and honor. Religion is a man-made system designed to (a. lift man up) or (b. lift an object ie. the creation up) or (c. help man work his way to paradise or whatever you want to call it).

bcsimac
May 23, 2003, 06:06 PM
What style of therapy? I did the whole existential thing. it rocks

Biblical and Pastoral counseling. Christian Counseling. I also was on medication for a while. All my counselors, psychologist, psychatrist were Christians, Pastors, or Catholics.

tazo
May 23, 2003, 06:42 PM
You're going to use them to make an art project or you're going to use the copies to makea project?

If you're going to make the project out of them that doesn't really sound that bad. It's not like that plastic costs them a lot of money.

yeah i am going to physically turn them into an art project. not like illegally buy stuff with em :P

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2003, 06:44 PM
yeah i am going to physically turn them into an art project. not like illegally buy stuff with em :P

i'd imagine they don't have any value on them, right?

tazo
May 23, 2003, 06:47 PM
nah, they are like cards that you must put money on, to use any of the machines at kinkos. so like if u wanna make a copy, u have to go to this little kiosk thing, that had a little lcd, and u slip 1,5,or 20 dollars in, and it puts it on the card. you now have prepaid for your stuff. anyway its a neat little system.

i will post pics, maybe :0

Doctor Q
May 23, 2003, 06:49 PM
bcsimac and tazo, you make an interesting contrast.

Moxiemike
May 23, 2003, 06:52 PM

true dat....very interesting

m

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2003, 06:52 PM
nah, they are like cards that you must put money on, to use any of the machines at kinkos. so like if u wanna make a copy, u have to go to this little kiosk thing, that had a little lcd, and u slip 1,5,or 20 dollars in, and it puts it on the card. you now have prepaid for your stuff. anyway its a neat little system.

i will post pics, maybe :0

because i haven't lived in a cave for the last few years, i know the system of which you speak.... tell me more about this "dollars" though. ;)

so, back to my point... now that we realize most people understand the system... the question is, where exactly did you get the cards from? since they're most likely empty of monetary value, the pieces of plastic are relatively valueless, as macbandit said. ;)

MacBandit
May 23, 2003, 06:56 PM
because i haven't lived in a cave for the last few years, i know the system of which you speak.... tell me more about this "dollars" though. ;)

so, back to my point... now that we realize most people understand the system... the question is, where exactly did you get the cards from? since they're most likely empty of monetary value, the pieces of plastic are relatively valueless, as macbandit said. ;)

Another great place to get cards like that is at GameWorks (http://www.gameworks.com/). You can get all the old cards from them that you like for free.

tazo
May 23, 2003, 06:58 PM

they are from kinkos, and they are the same material and thickness of a credit or debit card, minus the etching of yout name, etc.

and sorry JSR about the dollars thing, I hope I really was not trying to be condescending.

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2003, 06:59 PM
they are from kinkos, and they are the same material and thickness of a credit or debit card, minus the etching of yout name, etc.

and sorry JSR about the dollars thing, I hope I really was not trying to be condescending.

let me try again. :)

i know of the cards. i have one in my wallet for a local copy place... my question is, was there a bin of them sitting there for the taking? was it a bin that you take from, and bring the card to the machine (what am a kiosk??? ;)) and add $ value to it?

or did a ton of them spill out of the machine with $100 on each of them, you grabbed em up and sprinted out??? ha

MacBandit
May 23, 2003, 07:07 PM
let me try again. :)

i know of the cards. i have one in my wallet for a local copy place... my question is, was there a bin of them sitting there for the taking? was it a bin that you take from, and bring the card to the machine (what am a kiosk??? ;)) and add $ value to it?

or did a ton of them spill out of the machine with $100 on each of them, you grabbed em up and sprinted out??? ha

The Kinkos I was in the other day had a stack of them right next to the unmanaged cash register. It would be really easy to slide them off the counter into a bag.

tazo
May 23, 2003, 07:09 PM
i took the time to push 'new card', but i was very efficient and got about 35 in five minutes.

tazo
May 23, 2003, 07:10 PM

:( If I told you, me and him would not look so different, as my childhood, up until a few months ago was very similar to bcsimac's.

MacBandit
May 23, 2003, 07:18 PM
:( If I told you, me and him would not look so different, as my childhood, up until a few months ago was very similar to bcsimac's.

I too had a very stringent child hood though I had a lot of freedoms anything beyond speeding was not at all accepted. Me and a few friends once took a few road signs. Well my dad found them and told me to either hang them back up or he would report me to the police. What did I do? Well neither was going to work because if I was seen hanging them back up after they were missing for a week I would be in as much trouble as if he called the Police. Well as luck would have it the county rehung the signs and a friend of mine took the old ones off my hands so my father never bothered to inquire any further.

Sometimes the kids with the stricktest parents can be the most violent people. I wasn't violent but like I have said we went on thieving sprees. Only from major shopping chains though never from small business or private citizens.

wdlove
May 23, 2003, 08:00 PM
Your dad sounds just like mine! :( Via coping mechanisms I managed to deal with like till about 10 years ago. Then it all fell apart! :(

mim
May 23, 2003, 10:52 PM

When I was at uni we had a photocopy system like this. A couple of us discovered that by wrapping magic tape around the magnetic swipe, you could get the photocopiers to give out unlimited prints (the original card had died - one of my banking friends told me that one way they get creditcards working again was to use the magic tape, so it's not as weird as it sounds).

And ofcourse we were poor starving artsy types, so we felt no shame about photocopying (in full A3 colour too, mind you :D ) to our hearts content. It got to the point where we'd think up really dumb things to copy just for something to do.

We even held an exhibition of prints of various body parts we'd copied (seems far too obvious now :rolleyes: :p ).

Needless to say the trick didn't stay secret very long. The final cruch came when some fool rang up a national radio station and descibed the trick on air to "liberate the students" or some guff. The next day, the copiers were "out of order"...sigh.

Just one of many many terrible anti-social things I've done <sigh>.

melchior
May 23, 2003, 11:05 PM
just in case anyone was wondering.... this is not a new trick. magnetic strips are fairly sensitive things. what's with the sticky tape (i'm australian)?

it means it's enough for the copier to read the card, but too far away for it to write to the card. very convenient.

mim
May 24, 2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by melchior
it means it's enough for the copier to read the card, but too far away for it to write to the card. very convenient.

Heh - I never really thought about it you know. Seems like a reasonable explaination.

Another harmless one: On my way out of the Globe in London one night me and a couple of friends broke a lock on the hoarding to the Millennium Bridge (also known as the wobbbbbbly bridge). It was still under construction but almost finished. We were taking our time walking across when we heard sounds of people walking behind us....security guards - no. It was about 100 other people from the theatre who had seen us and decided to follow :p

I think most people turned back. Those of us who braved the spotlights on the other side had to jump over a 3 or 4 metre high hoarding. We had some sprained ankles and limped home.

But we were probably the first of the public to walk across :D

donigian
Jun 5, 2003, 09:55 PM
I've done plenty of stuff, heh, heh.

I've, uh, never inhaled. :D ;) ;)

And I visited one of my teacher's house about 2:30 a.m. I spread thistle seeds all over her yard, toilet papered her dozens of trees, then we (me and some friends) woke her up by banging on the door and lit fireworks on the front porch. Then we ran for some bushes and pulled out our paintball guns. Best part, we were so smooth she never saw us. Ah, the glory days of last month. Damn, that was awesome. And, yes, we had, uh, not inhaled. :p :p :p

She seemed really pissed the next Monday but she never mentioned the incident to anyone I know of.